HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the recent trades change your opinions on Burke?

View Poll Results: Has your opinion on Burkie changed?
Yes - I shouldn't have been so hard on him. 23 10.70%
No - He's still screwed us with the draft picks. 22 10.23%
Perhaps - The trades mean I'll give him some more time before I get mad at him. 49 22.79%
Heck no! - I've always been a Burke hater. 8 3.72%
Heck no! - I've always supported Burke and want to give him time. 113 52.56%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
He's doing a fairly balanced overhaul....not bad. Adding Kessel, Phaneuf, Gusto, the college kids and, though out of his control, what looks like good development in Kadri, D'amigo, Gunnerson is really helping the loss of the picks.

I agree that he had room to get rid of some picks if you look at all the young additions and kids coming up....but I don't know if the value is there in Kessel.....either way...Kessel does fill a need.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
darrylsittler27

vCash: 500
Slam dunk!

Phenuef is a stud and a a leader,something this team needed so badly it hurt.He is also only 24 and a great example to Schenn.Giguere is a cup winner and can play number one filling another glaring hole in net.Then to top it off we dumped Blake and his contract.This is the best trade we have made since Gilmour.Calgary got fleeced.We also dumped some malcontents i.e Mayers.I have to give these trades an "A".Now let's get out of the bottom five and make the Kessel trade look better too.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote