HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Yotes @ Nashville: Sponsored by ACME!

Old
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
MemphisMTLfan

vCash: 500
Well the ice was terrible. I was hoping Shea would do kinda what Arnott usually does. Nothing fancy, just blast one.

I don't care what anyone says...VK would have won this shootout for us.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Weber should've just blasted it. How do you miss the net on a wrist shot from right in front during a shoot out? Come on, Webs. Maybe you just need to re-injure Lilja. Soon enough

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Well, I gotta say...it's a frustrating night to be a Predators fan, but at least we got a point out of it! Could have forgotten all about the frustration throughout the game if we had won in the shootout, but give Phoenix credit...they are legit.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
SR

Amazing game tonight guys. I am happy with you guys gaining a point. Like most Yotes fan, were rooting for you guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:44 PM
hao chi

I'm actually glad this game went to overtime. I was hoping you guys would get a point from this game and help your playoff push.

I'm just curious, the ice isn't normally this bad is it? I think our commentators said something about there being an event in the arena last night, so I'm assuming the ice is normally better?

Anyways, good luck with the rest of the season (except for when the Preds play the Yotes).

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
NoamHemsky

any update on Franson?

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
I'm actually glad this game went to overtime. I was hoping you guys would get a point from this game and help your playoff push.

I'm just curious, the ice isn't normally this bad is it? I think our commentators said something about there being an event in the arena last night, so I'm assuming the ice is normally better?

Anyways, good luck with the rest of the season (except for when the Preds play the Yotes).
No, it's not. However at the start of the season and after the circus rolls through when they have to take up and lay fresh ice...it sucks! It will be like this till after the Olympic break unfortunately and kills any type of skill game attempted...very frustrating to watch and especially frustrating to play on...

Old
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoamHemsky View Post
any update on Franson?
Officially, it's an upper body injury and he will undergo further evaluation Wednesday.

In other words, expect Sulzer to finally get a chance to play on Thursday and quite possibly all the way through the break. Good warmup for the Olympics...

Honestly, can we really complain that our replacement for our No. 6 defenseman is an Olympian?

Tough break for Cody though. Hope he hears some positive news tomorrow...

Old
02-03-2010, 02:41 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Shea "missed the net" Weber. That should be his nickname. He should aim at the other side of the net, that way he might hit the center of the net.

I would have used Suter before Weber. Suter has nicer hands.

Our decision making is slow and once they decide to do something, it takes too long to do it.

Suter had one of his worst games (esp. in the first period mostly) in a long long while. But overall the defense played well all night with only the 5 of them.

Someone please make them stop passing and start shooting more.

Aucoin said this ice was probably the worst he's ever skated on in his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
Yeah I didn't care about going to OT so both our teams get points. I think we're all rooting for each other for 78 games this year! But uh, you could have let us have the 2 this time.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Of all people... Aucoin?

Why Weber? And more importantly, why tell Weber not to do this:

I think it's because it's banned by the Geneva Convention. Unregulated use of artillery or something like that. You'd have to ask 101st for the details.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

I watched the first 36 seconds of the game this morning (let's be honest, does anybody want to watch the other 64 minutes 24 seconds plus shootout again?) to see what happend to Franson on that first shift. He got hit simultaneously by two Yotes from the sides into both shoulders. He never really flinched or did anything to suggest he was in pain. He played the rest of the shift, played the puck, got another slight bump into his shoulder again, and then skated off.

I'm not calling him out or anything like that, but I thought it was strange after watching it again that he's now day to day after not showing any outward reaction to the hit and then playing the rest of the shift without favoring his arm/shoulder/etc. Maybe it reaggravated another injury?

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
jlsg

There's 2 ways to react to an injury. If there's a chance to draw a penalty you writhe on the ice in extreme pain. If there isn't any chance of a penalty you make it look like nothing happened. The last thing you want is someone else to think you're hurt and have them come in and finish the job. Nothing illegal about the hit so I think he was not letting on he was hurt until he got to the bench.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
NHLPredsInsider: Cody Franson out two weeks with a broken rib. Sulzer up.
http://mobile.twitter.com/nhlpredsin...tus/8597120671

Cody left the rink last night in a sling. Personally, I'm happy to hear ribs and not the shoulder...

Old
02-03-2010, 01:40 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I dont really care to hear the bad ice excuse any more.

There were plenty of long stretches where the Coyotes were flying into our zone and keeping the offensive fire going. The Preds didnt manage that until the last 2 minutes of the game.

Man that Olympic break isnt getting here fast enough and the Red Wings won again last night.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Milly79

I was also watching the ATL game this morning and they said, as well, the ice was terrible on Saturday. Not sure this was posted.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
I was also watching the ATL game this morning and they said, as well, the ice was terrible on Saturday. Not sure this was posted.
We need a dehumidifier system ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
We need a dehumidifier system ...
We've needed one for years. If we don't get one then the circus needs to come during the offseason so the ice can remain constant for the entire season.

Also, both teams have to play on the same surface so it's not like the other team has a clear advantage over us. It sucks for both teams. The players know this after the circus, deal with it.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
San Nashlanta

I'm tired of people complain about the ice conditions. Both teams had to play on it. I can guarantee the people driving the Zambonis put out the best Ice they possibly could have. If it's true there is no dehumidifier, then I suggest they get one. That would greatly benefit any ice surface.

San Nashlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Nashlanta View Post
I'm tired of people complain about the ice conditions. Both teams had to play on it. I can guarantee the people driving the Zambonis put out the best Ice they possibly could have. If it's true there is no dehumidifier, then I suggest they get one. That would greatly benefit any ice surface.
I guess you have never skated on the Sommet Center Ice ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Speaking of bad ice, Pekka almost tripped during preskate because of some nick in the ice. He bent down and was messing with it, testing it with his skate again.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Yeah I didn't care about going to OT so both our teams get points. I think we're all rooting for each other for 78 games this year! But uh, you could have let us have the 2 this time.
I'll consider that for next time. No promises though.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote