HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best lines with healthy team

Old
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
We currently have 7 potential top 6 forwards: AKost, SKost, Pouliot, Gomez, Cam, Gionta, Pleks.

We have a bunch of potential bottom 6 forwards (including callups): Laps, Metro, Moen, Darche, Dags, White, Pyatt, Patches, plus one of the top 6 guys, or other Hamilton guys.

We have 8 D: Markov, OB, Mara, Gill, MAB, Hammer, Gorges, Spacek

Goalies: don't need to go there (see Halak/Price thread).

What do you think our best lines are given everything we've seen this year, and given a healthy lineup? The guy I wonder about is Skost since I'd love to see him develop in the top 6.
Metropolit, D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Darche are NOT what you want in your bottom-6.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
FF de Mars

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammallari-Plekanek-AKost
SKost-Metropolit-Pacioretty
Maxwell-Lapierre-Moen

Markov-Spacek
O'Byrne-Hamrlik
Georges-Gill

MAB : I have a question about this. When we use a 7th d-man, do we loose one spot of the 4th line ? If it's the case, it would mean that MAB would have to be scratched from my lineup, because he's useless on the 4th line, and since Markov came back and that Spacek after his rest should be in mid season form, hence not breaking his stick every time he shoots, I think we'd be fine with him and Markov... For P.E.T.'s sake, Spacek was brought over because of his shot. He was overweight and bad in the beginning of the season, but let's see what he could do with Markov on 5 on 5 and on the PP. Maybe he'll surprise not. If not, waive him or put him in Hamilton and replace him with Weber or Subban. MAB has no business there. He's a Dagenais clone.

Halak and Price. Just play them both. Like Martin said, he's inspiring himself from the Messier and Gretzky battle for icetime. So let them duel. 50%-50%.

I'm sure Patches is having lots of fun with Boucher, but let's give him a last try this year. Maybe it'll click. He is a Pouliot type of player. Sergei could set him up real good and Metro is having a great year offensively. It might work. I always felt that Moen is better suited to play with Lapierre anyways. And Maxwell has been told to play more of a north south game. Let's see if he learned by playing him with our two most north south guys, Laps and Moen. They need someone to passe them the puck and make plays anyways.

But I doubt we ever get 100% healthy for more than half a game.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 02-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Basszor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
this is perfection!

well actually acquiring a better 3rd line center like cullen would be excellent with sergei and moen on the 3rd line but these lines aree great with the assets we have right now

would also like to get rid of spacek and mara and let bergeron bring some offense from the back or acquire another puck moving defenseman in the process...

one can only dream!
Did you listen to CKAC yesterday?? Cause that's what McGuire said also

Basszor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
S.Kostitsyn - Lapierre - Moen
Darche - Metropolit - Bergeron

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Halak
Price

It took 1 post for the thread to be over, nice....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Marcus Jones

When Andrei Comes back..

Do we reunite him with his bro and Pleky until Cammy comes back? I could see them playing well together. And make Pouliot go back with Gomez and Gionta?

Discuss

Marcus Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Stradale

That's what should be done but i don't know with Martin. He doesn't seem to like Sergei that much so he will find a way to piss him off and put him on the third line again.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
That's what should be done but i don't know with Martin. He doesn't seem to like Sergei that much so he will find a way to piss him off and put him on the third line again.
I think that Martin is really motivating Sergei for him to earn his ice time. I doubt that he'd play Sergei that often on the PK (even on 5-on-3s) if he didn't like him.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 07:23 AM
WestIslander

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Darche - Metropolit - Moen

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Gorges
Spacek - Gill