HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Columbus?

Mason + Brassard + ... for price and ...

Old
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Pass...

I wouldn't trade Price for Giroux, Pacioretty for Hartnell and Gill for Boucher... so I sure wouldn't trade them all together for that package!
In order to Giroux it will cost a bit, Hartnell is a top 6 right now. I hate to give up on either player (or both in a trade) in Price or Patches but sometimes that's how the deal is going to work.

Gill I want to keep, I would have said Spacek but he is injured and the length of his contract is a deterrent in a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
Columbus?

Mason + Brassard + ... for price and ...
Mason would have been the original starter, now you would have to say Garon, Brassard and Filitov.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-03-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
From our good friend Eklund;

Is Price on the way out? "Quite possibly," a source added... Amazing as it sounds, Jaro Halak has won the spot in many minds. Do you remember when I put out a rumor a few months back saying the Habs had a deal Habs fans would love, but Price would have to be sent away? (ah, the memories...great times...the hate...so much wonderful hate) Well the deal is...still available, however, the names are different. In the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return. While I can't say the name of the team, Montreal now is getting their #2. but a much better top 6 forward...(and a serious prospect who will be adored in that city)

Everyone add their 2 cents in who they would think this is, not saying it is real, but if it was everyone speculate and say who.

GO!
Mason and Conklin from St.Louis...Perron and now Backes.

Quote:
That could be robbery on our part.
Not really, Penner has a big salary and hasn't done much the past 2-3 months.

Penner is 7-7-14 in 27 games since December 1st and is still owed 4.25 for 2 more years. I wouldn't touch him unless we send salary back the other way like the Toskala/Blake vs Giguere deal.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-03-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
FeelsLike93

To all you who are talking about trading price.. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The guys 22 and hes having a forgettable year, like youre running a young goaltender out of town with wayyyy too much potential

I dont know if it ever crosses anyones mind, but do you think its possible Halak is just having a 'good year'? Can you honestly tell me Halak will be this good for us for the remainder of his career?

We've seen what Price can do because we've seen it for the past couple years and it shows promise for the future. And you wanna kick him out for one bad year? Behind a miserable defense who plays the whole game in their own zone?

Sheesh.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:25 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
In order to Giroux it will cost a bit, Hartnell is a top 6 right now. I hate to give up on either player (or both in a trade) in Price or Patches but sometimes that's how the deal is going to work.

Gill I want to keep, I would have said Spacek but he is injured and the length of his contract is a deterrent in a deal.
Giroux is great and all but Price potential is higher IMO. What if Giroux struggles next year and Price plays up to the expectations?

Hartnell is overpaid for what he brings and I think that is game is on the decline.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post

The guys 22 and hes having a forgettable year, like youre running a young goaltender out of town with wayyyy too much potential

I dont know if it ever crosses anyones mind, but do you think its possible Halak is just having a 'good year'? Can you honestly tell me Halak will be this good for us for the remainder of his career?

We've seen what Price can do because we've seen it for the past couple years and it shows promise for the future. And you wanna kick him out for one bad year? Behind a miserable defense who plays the whole game in their own zone?

Sheesh.
No one is saying we should trade Price,we are just speculating what this "rumour" could be.

I know I dont want to trade him

Old
02-03-2010, 03:34 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
From our good friend Eklund;

Is Price on the way out? "Quite possibly," a source added... Amazing as it sounds, Jaro Halak has won the spot in many minds. Do you remember when I put out a rumor a few months back saying the Habs had a deal Habs fans would love, but Price would have to be sent away? (ah, the memories...great times...the hate...so much wonderful hate) Well the deal is...still available, however, the names are different. In the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return. While I can't say the name of the team, Montreal now is getting their #2. but a much better top 6 forward...(and a serious prospect who will be adored in that city)

Everyone add their 2 cents in who they would think this is, not saying it is real, but if it was everyone speculate and say who.

GO!
DAL: Auld, Ribeiro , Chiasson.

Other ones:

ATL: Hedberg, Kovalchuk, Esposito.
WAS: Neuvrith, Fleischmann, Perrault.
NAS: Ellis, Erat, Roussel.
BUF: Lalime, Pominville, Gragnani.
TOR: Gustavsson, Kessel, Paradis.

Last edited by vokiel: 02-03-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
A Zen Master

Full on speculation!

I don't think prospect we'd love rules out non-quebecers. A fan favorite prospect is PK Subban and one of the most fun players we have is Cammalleri. I think it mostly means high skill, flashy player or a hard worker (possibly both) because all fans love skill and montreal is especially tough on lazy players (Latendresse has some really off nights in Minnesota and noone cares anymore).

I also agree that eastern conference is unlikely, but possible.

I like Phoenix as a target, say Labarbera + Mueller + prospect (Turris?)
St-Louis is not bad... but the prospect better be good.
San Jose has a ton of players but I have a hard time expecting Nabokov was the target (maybe though, they haven't done well in the playoffs with him)
Minnesota again?
Edmonton I don't see khabibulin being the prior target... the rest makes sense though.
Anaheim just traded for a goalie
Tampa Bay - an upgrade of vinny? St-Louis maybe? I doubt it.

So my first guess is no trade, second guess Phoenix?

Old
02-03-2010, 03:46 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:

Sheesh.
You mean 2 forgettable years...in a row. Price was great when he backed up Huet but has been up and down since then. If we can get a good top-6 forward and some prospects for Price, it might be worth it.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:

Sheesh.
This is the Eklund thread, complain to him if you don't like his rumors.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Mason would have been the original starter, now you would have to say Garon, Brassard and Filitov.
No logic to Columbus volunteering to put themselves in the exact situation Montreal is in.

I'd imagine from his hints, we can assume his rumor is intended to be:

-A team with a clear #1, who is good, but not superstar...
-Has a top tier French-Canadian prospect.

Also, he was hinting the other day that the backup might cause a new controversy. So maybe Harding in Minnesota?

Old
02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Habs

Quote:

Sheesh.
Coming from someone who thinks it feels like 1993 this season? Oh the irony.

Old
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Ginu

Who was a serious #1 coming into the season? Lundqvist, Brodeur, Miller, Luongo, Turco, Thomas, Nabokov, Backstrom, Bryzgalov, Fleury, Huet, Vokoun, Steve Mason and Kiprusoff?

The only ones there I could have seen being moved are Turco, Backstrom, Vokoun and Mason. Which one of Dallas, Minnesota, Florida and Columbus has a serious prospect, a decent backup goaltender and a young top 6 forward coming back?

The story would make sense if it was St. Louis but Chris Mason isn't a serious #1 in my opinion and wasn't earlier in the season either. If it was Conklin, Perron and Peterangelo, it would be a serious return but I don't see it.

Who is Dallas's backup? Or is Turco the available one? Garon is in Columbus and I don't see us bringing him back.

Florida has Clemmensen. What about Clemmensen, Horton and a prospect?

Has anybody asked the question though why the other team would give up their backup goaltender, a top 6 forward and a major prospect for Price? To what, compete with their serious #1? It doesn't make sense. Unless it's Minnesota with Harding, Brunette and a prospect?

Old
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
A Zen Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
No one is saying we should trade Price,we are just speculating what this "rumour" could be.

I know I dont want to trade him
I don't think anyone really wants to trade him, he's going to be a good goaltender. It's fun to speculate and I think anything in the Eklund should be considered for the entertainment value only.

Old
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
You mean 2 forgettable years...in a row. Price was great when he backed up Huet but has been up and down since then. If we can get a good top-6 forward and some prospects for Price, it might be worth it.
The problem is, Montreal fans expect a 20-21-22 year old Price to play like a 25-26-27 year old Brodeur or Luongo and he isn't there yet. Not sure how .910% is "forgettable" for a 22 year old on a .500 team.

Old
02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The problem is, Montreal fans expect a 20-21-22 year old Price to play like a 25-26-27 year old Brodeur or Luongo and he isn't there yet. Not sure how .910% is "forgettable" for a 22 year old on a .500 team.
No, no. I don't know many people who expected him to play like 25-27 year old Brodeur after 120 games. I know lots of people who promised/expected he'd be playing better than 24 year old Halak though.

I really hope a deal doesn't go down this year, even if the return seems over the top. I want another year to see if Halak can put up a string of good seasons with lots of starts, and get a better idea of what Price's actual (meaning the non-fanboy version) upper potential might be.

There really is no need to radically revamp this team as if a major playoff push is in the cards this year. They should still be more focused on the future and direct their energy towards replacing high-priced replaceable veterans with talented young players who address the actual weaknesses on this team.

Old
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Miller Time

a few guesses...

Chicago:
Niemi, Versteeg, Aliu or Beach

Colorado:
Budaj, Wolski, Stoa

Dallas:
Auld, Benn, Glennie

Detroit:
Osgood, Filppula, Ferraro

Edm:
JDD, O'Sullivan, Nash

LAK:
Ersberg, Frolov, Schenn

Nash:
Ellis, Dumont, Geoffrion

Stl:
Conklin, Backes, Palushaj

Wash:
Theo, Fehr, DellaRovere

Philly:
Boucher/Leighton, Gagne, Maroon

Atlanta:
Hedberg, Little, Esposito

some of those I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, some I'd jump all over...

but if that is the return for price, B-goalie/top 6Fwd/prospect "we'd love, considering what Halak has shown, it would be hard to turn down, coming from the right team...

Old
02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zen Master View Post
Full on speculation!

I don't think prospect we'd love rules out non-quebecers. A fan favorite prospect is PK Subban and one of the most fun players we have is Cammalleri. I think it mostly means high skill, flashy player or a hard worker (possibly both) because all fans love skill and montreal is especially tough on lazy players (Latendresse has some really off nights in Minnesota and noone cares anymore).
He didn't write fan favorite, he wrote adored in This City. There are hockey fans who aren't Habs fans in this city. The only remote common point between them I see is localization and that's it.

Old
02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
All-Star

Gustavsson, Kadri, Poni?

Old
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Who was a serious #1 coming into the season? Lundqvist, Brodeur, Miller, Luongo, Turco, Thomas, Nabokov, Backstrom, Bryzgalov, Fleury, Huet, Vokoun, Steve Mason and Kiprusoff?

The only ones there I could have seen being moved are Turco, Backstrom, Vokoun and Mason. Which one of Dallas, Minnesota, Florida and Columbus has a serious prospect, a decent backup goaltender and a young top 6 forward coming back?

The story would make sense if it was St. Louis but Chris Mason isn't a serious #1 in my opinion and wasn't earlier in the season either. If it was Conklin, Perron and Peterangelo, it would be a serious return but I don't see it.

Who is Dallas's backup? Or is Turco the available one? Garon is in Columbus and I don't see us bringing him back.

Florida has Clemmensen. What about Clemmensen, Horton and a prospect?

Has anybody asked the question though why the other team would give up their backup goaltender, a top 6 forward and a major prospect for Price? To what, compete with their serious #1? It doesn't make sense. Unless it's Minnesota with Harding, Brunette and a prospect?
Florida prospect.....Kulikov? Though he's already playing...

Old
02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

It's not a Eklund rumour but it's a Habs rumour: Tony Marinero just said that the kids this year are nice guys. Except one guy who he said drinks a lot and it's easy to see during interviews. But he didn't say who. Who looks bad on television in post-games talks?

Old
02-03-2010, 11:08 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It's not a Eklund rumour but it's a Habs rumour: Tony Marinero just said that the kids this year are nice guys. Except one guy who he said drinks a lot and it's easy to see during interviews. But he didn't say who. Who looks bad on television in post-games talks?
I hate that fat **** Tony but I'm curious who this supposed "drinker" is. SKost?

Old
02-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
My guess is Gomez.

Rinfret asked if it was the guy wearing Robinson's number but backwards.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:15 PM
hendextall

Quote:
What is he doing, drinking during the game?

Old
02-03-2010, 11:18 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I hate that fat **** Tony but I'm curious who this supposed "drinker" is. SKost?
SKost doesn't do interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
My guess is Gomez.

Rinfret asked if it was the guy wearing Robinson's number but backwards.
Gomez can't be considered a kid.

Closed Thread