HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fire Sather! Fire Sather Rally TODAY At 5pm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2010, 10:11 PM
  #101
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
hilarious. Sather freaking rules at trades. What a great deal
you'll be back to cursing him when jokinen can't score either.. only reason why i like this deal is kotalik's contract is off the books.. sather still needs to go though

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
  #102
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
you'll be back to cursing him when jokinen can't score either.. only reason why i like this deal is kotalik's contract is off the books.. sather still needs to go though
I think most of us are happy he got that 3 year cap hit off the books. Jokinen is a bonus. If he doesn't work out - that's 5.25mil in cap space this summer.

Sad part of that is the disaster of a signing that is waiting to happen on July 1 with that extra cap space. Lets hope Sather learned from previous summers what not to do...

qwertyaas is offline  
Old
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
  #103
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,976
vCash: 873
Sather, I'll give you credit for a very nice trade. This gets us stronger down the middle which has been a weakness this whole season. We also get size and a bit more snarl. Overall.....well done.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WAY TO LATE. KEEP YOUR BAGS PACKED....YOU ARE STILL DONE.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM
  #104
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Sather, I'll give you credit for a very nice trade. This gets us stronger down the middle which has been a weakness this whole season. We also get size and a bit more snarl. Overall.....well done.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WAY TO LATE. KEEP YOUR BAGS PACKED....YOU ARE STILL DONE.
bingo. thank you very much, i dont understand how people are back jumping thru hoops because he made a nice trade

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
  #105
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,474
vCash: 500
This was first made after the Gomez trade.



It's amazing how he can make such good trades and yet he absolutely sucks balls when it comes to signing FAs. I wish he was just be the trade guy and leave everything else to others.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
01-31-2010, 10:50 PM
  #106
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
The trades he makes are insane. He literally is a magician. July 1st though, is a whole other story.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
  #107
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
There's a group for everything on facebook.

You don't change Horses mid stream

NYR94 is offline  
Old
02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
  #108
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
You don't change Horses mid stream
I always loved this expression. Go to your nearest racetrack tomorrow, and you'll discover it's true that owners never, ever, ever change horses midstream ...

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T!

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:04 AM
  #109
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,976
vCash: 873
Last nights trade is excactly why Glen Sather will not be fired.

In less than a year he has managed to convince 2 sound hockey minds to take on contracts that were more than they should have been based on production.

I still want him gone as I do not trust him that he will not put us in this same siatuation this summer, but I would be hypocritical if I did not give him the proper credit for being able to pull off last nights heist.

Good job Glen.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
  #110
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Last nights trade is excactly why Glen Sather will not be fired.

In less than a year he has managed to convince 2 sound hockey minds to take on contracts that were more than they should have been based on production.

I still want him gone as I do not trust him that he will not put us in this same siatuation this summer, but I would be hypocritical if I did not give him the proper credit for being able to pull off last nights heist.

Good job Glen.
As long as people share views like yours about Glen the Failure, there is no reason to believe that Glen will ever be gone from here.

People are impressed that not every move has been terrible and turns that into, hey Glen is doing a good enough job and turning it around, never able to grasp that life with Sather is aking to being stuck in a revolving door. It goes nowhere, no matter how much you are enjoying the ride. Whhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Enjoy.

chosen is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
  #111
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,059
vCash: 500
can we just have slats do trades and someone else negotiate all fa contracts ?

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:32 AM
  #112
Declan
HFB Partner
 
Declan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
can we just have slats do trades and someone else negotiate all fa contracts ?
I was just wondering the same thing.

Declan is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:35 AM
  #113
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Last nights trade is excactly why Glen Sather will not be fired.

In less than a year he has managed to convince 2 sound hockey minds to take on contracts that were more than they should have been based on production.

I still want him gone as I do not trust him that he will not put us in this same siatuation this summer, but I would be hypocritical if I did not give him the proper credit for being able to pull off last nights heist.

Good job Glen.
Before we give the buffoon too much credit, we need to realize that it was he who created the mess in the first place. And that's the thing with Sather...he makes massive, obvious mistakes, but finds a way to clean it up after a time. And it's great that there are fools out there that are willing to lift our burden, but we can't forget the price that we pay.

The price is wasted time and bad precedents. We've wasted almost 60 games on the season with Kotalik on our roster...a $3M healthy scratch on a team that can't even afford a 7th defensemen. When he did play, he was terrible. His lazy, peripheral play was in total contrast to the direction the coach wants to take the team. He, along with Redden, Brashear, etc. are over-paid distractions. They are the result of Sather's lack of foresight and their presence has hurt whatever chemistry this team could have had.

Vito Andolini is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
  #114
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
The trades he makes are insane. He literally is a magician. July 1st though, is a whole other story.
exactly. He wouldn't have to do the trade high-wire act if he wasnt making terrible signings in the first place. But credit where credit's due, he can trade. Too bad you cant build a whole team that way!

allstar3970 is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
  #115
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
As long as people share views like yours about Glen the Failure, there is no reason to believe that Glen will ever be gone from here.

People are impressed that not every move has been terrible and turns that into, hey Glen is doing a good enough job and turning it around, never able to grasp that life with Sather is aking to being stuck in a revolving door. It goes nowhere, no matter how much you are enjoying the ride. Whhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Enjoy.
Do you read peoples posts or just reply with nonsensical canned responses?

PLD hates Sather more than anyone, and would probably murder him in his sleep if given the chance. But there is nothing wrong with being able to say when a move is good, even if the person making it sucks.

To quote PLD himself:

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WAY TO LATE. KEEP YOUR BAGS PACKED....YOU ARE STILL DONE."

McRanger is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
  #116
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,976
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Do you read peoples posts or just reply with nonsensical canned responses?

PLD hates Sather more than anyone, and would probably murder him in his sleep if given the chance. But there is nothing wrong with being able to say when a move is good, even if the person making it sucks.

To quote PLD himself:

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WAY TO LATE. KEEP YOUR BAGS PACKED....YOU ARE STILL DONE."
Yes I do

No I wouldn't, but I thank you for thinking of me in that way.

I'm of the belief that regardless of the situation that we find ourselves that when someone does a good job you commend them for it.

I'm also of the belief that it's the total body of work that determines ones fate and based on the body of work put in thus far Sather needs to find another line of employment. As mentioned previously, had it not been for his screw-ups he wouldn't need to find GM's to pawn off these bad contracts.

Overall he needs to go, but he did a good job on this particular trade and because of that I commend him, with the simple caveat that he needs to remain packed.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
  #117
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
So does this deal give the Teflon GM a stay of execution?

bobbop is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
  #118
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Fire Sather March 7th.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
  #119
LETSGORANGERS
Registered User
 
LETSGORANGERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
hilarious. Sather freaking rules at trades. What a great deal
Yeah because the 1 step he takes forward with his trades makes up for the 2 steps he takes backwards with his signings.

LETSGORANGERS is offline  
Old
02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
  #120
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Do you read peoples posts or just reply with nonsensical canned responses?

PLD hates Sather more than anyone, and would probably murder him in his sleep if given the chance. But there is nothing wrong with being able to say when a move is good, even if the person making it sucks.

To quote PLD himself:

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WAY TO LATE. KEEP YOUR BAGS PACKED....YOU ARE STILL DONE."
You have a case of severe reading comprrehension disability if you think the post I was responding to was anti-Sather. I don't respond to a poster's body of work, only individual posts.

Normally, I just toss out nonsensical, canned responses, but not in this case.

The problem that too many people, including yourself have, as I stated before, is that creating a mess and then cleaning it up is not something to praise. It's part of the prevailing groupthink that allows people to prefer reformed drug addicts to those that never used in the first place.

chosen is offline  
Old
02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
  #121
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSGORANGERS View Post
Yeah because the 1 step he takes forward with his trades makes up for the 2 steps he takes backwards with his signings.
good, pt, I agree he should be gone but I also realize Ranger managment loves the guy

Hopefully he can move Rozy and Brashear now............this team has to look to next yr and yes FA's,haha

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 10:11 AM
  #122
Mason530
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Frankly, more protests there are, the safer he gets. This is all due to crazy and stubborn personality of James Dolan. Just look at Isaiah Thomas, he won't fire him even after convicted of sexual harassment.

Mason530 is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 10:59 AM
  #123
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You have a case of severe reading comprrehension disability if you think the post I was responding to was anti-Sather. I don't respond to a poster's body of work, only individual posts.

Normally, I just toss out nonsensical, canned responses, but not in this case.
Thats something you should rectify if you plan on frequenting message boards. Otherwise you end up not so much preaching to the choir, as burning down the church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The problem that too many people, including yourself have, as I stated before, is that creating a mess and then cleaning it up is not something to praise. It's part of the prevailing groupthink that allows people to prefer reformed drug addicts to those that never used in the first place.
The problem that some people, specifically yourself, have is the inability to view anything objectively, especially when it comes to Sather. Sathers body of work is bad enough without people spinning anything and everything to make it look even worse. It cheapens the legitimacy of the argument and makes us look like a bunch of whining uneducated children. If you insist on doing it, at least do it with the touch of panache or desperate insanity other entertaining posters like Dedalus and Shadowtron grace us with.

Or at the very least put WC Fields back as your avatar.

McRanger is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
  #124
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
If you insist on doing it, at least do it with the touch of panache or desperate insanity other entertaining posters like Dedalus and Shadowtron grace us with.
Hmph! Dedalus and I were going to make you King of the winter carnival. You can forget about it now!

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
  #125
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Thats something you should rectify if you plan on frequenting message boards. Otherwise you end up not so much preaching to the choir, as burning down the church.
Thought you understood that I was kidding. Can't imagine anyone would write that in a serious tone. It was an obnoxious reply to your obnoxious statement directed at me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
The problem that some people, specifically yourself, have is the inability to view anything objectively, especially when it comes to Sather. Sathers body of work is bad enough without people spinning anything and everything to make it look even worse. It cheapens the legitimacy of the argument and makes us look like a bunch of whining uneducated children. If you insist on doing it, at least do it with the touch of panache or desperate insanity other entertaining posters like Dedalus and Shadowtron grace us with.
In my mind there is no legitimate, logical argument that one can make that in any way praises Sather's performance as a GM in NY. Again, if someone consistently makes monumental blunders, complimenting him for rectifying some of them is not cause for celebration in my book.

It also fails to address the fact that even when he undoes blunders, the net effect is never better. All that matters is net effect so while you may choose to offer up kudos to the imbecile that has been as big a bust as to ever pilot this team, I choose to see the big picture of what he has not accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Or at the very least put WC Fields back as your avatar.
Since he has never been my avatar, I'll assume you are thinking of someone else.

By the way, I never wanted Sather here because he was a terrible GM in Edmonton, as well. He is the emperor with no clothes. Always has been. He stepped in sheet by having Gretzky and Messier dropped into his lap. From this grew the myth of his "greatness". Some still perpetuate and have never understood this. I understood somed crazed fans in Canada loving him but a fan of Rangers not from Canada should be able to see the truth about him, certainly by now.

By the way, part deux: Hitler loved dogs. Should we praise him for it. Yeah, I understand there is nothing comparable between Hitler and Sather but I think you get my point.


Last edited by chosen: 02-04-2010 at 02:19 PM.
chosen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.