HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Chassis help?

Old
02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
GuitarAwesome

vCash: 500
Chassis help?

Hey folks,

This is something I have never experienced before, as a trainer usually just swapped my skates, but now those days are behind me and I wonder what to do now.

So, I have a pair of RBK 9K's, which are my favorite, and I don;t want to switch, and I broke both chassis off, and I have to get new ones. I dodged a pretty big hit, and dug in hard enough to snap one of them off, which I glued and got rebolted, but now the other one has snapped as well. My question to you guys is: are the specific chassis I have to use? Could I just buy the TUUK lightspeeds and slap them on? Are there specific foot sizes of chassis? Is this too expensive and I should just buy new skates?

I really have no idea here, thanks for the help!!

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
surge

http://www.hockeygiant.com/bauls2hdssrunsr.html

Just find the right size holder and have a shop put them on for you.

surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAwesome View Post
Hey folks,

This is something I have never experienced before, as a trainer usually just swapped my skates, but now those days are behind me and I wonder what to do now.

So, I have a pair of RBK 9K's, which are my favorite, and I don;t want to switch, and I broke both chassis off, and I have to get new ones. I dodged a pretty big hit, and dug in hard enough to snap one of them off, which I glued and got rebolted, but now the other one has snapped as well. My question to you guys is: are the specific chassis I have to use? Could I just buy the TUUK lightspeeds and slap them on? Are there specific foot sizes of chassis? Is this too expensive and I should just buy new skates?

I really have no idea here, thanks for the help!!
First thing is that chassis are for rollerblades, holders go on ice skates. I wasnt sure what you were talking about til I saw the part about the Tuuk's.

Tuuk's will go on Reebok skates, and there are specific sizes. For example, my vapor 60's are size 10 skates with a size 288 Tuuk holder. Any website that sells them should have skate size for your brand listed with the corresponding holder size.

Also, this is much cheaper than new skates. Buying the holders with the steel will cost about 70 dollars plus shipping and maybe 30 to 40 dollars to mount, versus 300 dollars to get a new pair of 9k's

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
GuitarAwesome

Excellent, for some reason I couldn't find these charts when I was looking. Many thanks for your responses!

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM
sherwood sniper

Since your rbk's are broken, I highly recommend getting TUUK LS2. They will get you on your toes a little more, potentially increasing your skating ability. Don't forget to have them profiled.

sherwood sniper is offline   Reply With Quote