HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

tor-bos

Old
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
theres not a whole lot posted in this thread that interests me. if leafs are trading kaberle is for something that has potential to be legit top line talent. not bitz, ryder, and 2011 2nd rounders.

if you want kabs:

-2010 first rounder, your or ours, makes no difference
-joe colbourne or wheeler
-2010 2nd rounder, again, yours or ours

i dont care if its overpayment or it i am overvaluing kabs. a 1st, 2nd, and good prospect or 2nd line youngish forward with upside is not unreasonable imo.

now that we know burke can turn **** into gold....

having said that your better off to enjoy your 2 top 10 picks and your 2 high 2nd round picks and draft wisely and hope for better things to come. you will be better long run if you can pick up hall with one pick and kabanov with the other.
That is the point......WE DON'T. Were not the ones that keep make threads that say "Kaberle to Boston." Its your fellow Leafs fans, because they like our assets that we are not selling.

Now if the price was cheap of course we would kick the tires and probably want him because he is a great puck mover, but the Bruins don't need that right now.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafmon View Post
Leaf and Bruin fans will never agree and the funny thing is if Kab is ever traded to the B's we'll hear all kinds of justifications of how good he is ect. Similar to Cal fans about Dion. No doubt we would also hear them from Leaf fans about over paid stiffs like Ryder (who is now far removed from he 30 goal seasons but will be paid that way) and Wideman who is also making too much.
This is the thing. Most of us Bruins fans aren't denying that he is a great player and that he would look great with Chara, but that doesn't mean we want or need him.

Sure Chia would kick the tires but unless the price was to his liking (meaning underpayment) he wouldn't make a trade. A puck mover is not exactly our top priority at the time.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
You are entirely right, the first 2 are completely accurate and failures on my part. the salary cap can be worked in by including ryder. the #2 can be replaced with bostons pick in 2011 to cover aquiring ryder.

#3 is silly, of course he has a NTC. This trade obviously assumes that he agrees to move. Im sure that Kaberle doesnt care if he goes to a divisional rival, thats burke that cares. Kaberle would be happy going to a contender.
Considering the fact that Kaberle loves the Leafs and Toronto I highly doubt that he would want to face them 6 times a year.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
TMLin2067

hmmmmm......I don't know why but I have a crazy gut feeling that Kaberle will not get this trade deadline.Call it my third eye....perphaps I should get into the physic industry

TMLin2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
HugeHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
absolutely disgusting. no way in hell.
why not.. Kaberle sucks.. fine lets switch the secong to a first.. thats all they deserve for him.. Leafs nation thinks he is so good..

HugeHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeHockeyFan View Post
why not.. Kaberle sucks.. fine lets switch the secong to a first.. thats all they deserve for him.. Leafs nation thinks he is so good..

TO DALLAS-Kaberle
Poni

TO TORONTO-Fabian Brunnstrom
Steve Ott
1st round pick

I still say no.
Kaberle is the #4 scoring defenseman in the LEAGUE atm. I definitely dont think he sucks.

Ott is a UFA and is definately an attractive part of the trade here.
Brunnstrom is NOT a centerpiece I build a trade around. We need a stud center not a mediocre winger.

The first round pick is merely just a pick, if we trade kaberle we need a bluechip center coming back.

I wouldnt do even the upgraded trade with kaberle alone, let alone with poni as well.

Last edited by Paladin2799: 02-04-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Est1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeHockeyFan View Post
TORONTO-DALLAS

TO DALLAS-Kaberle
Poni

TO TORONTO-Scott Glennie
2nd Round Pick
There fixed it for you

Est1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaKadri View Post
There fixed it for you
I'd want a first as good as glennie is. Seeing as how were giving up poni as well.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
xicethug13x

hockey wise the op's trade was good but it would never work becasue of teh cap....so how about this its very similar but fixes the cap issues

to boston:
kaberle+poni +stempniak

to toronto:
colborne+wheller+ryder+bostons 2010 1st

i like that deal alote but i would really love to get bergeron how about this

to boston:
kaberle+poni+grabovski+hanson

to toronto:
bergeron+wheller+ryder

close?

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote