HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Bumbles Bounce! Avalanche @ Predators 2-4-10 7pmCST

Old
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
How many people do you follow on twitter??
Actually, I don't follow either Dater or Felder...just saw their tweets re-tweeted...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Seth Lake

Tootoo blasts one off Anderson's mask stunning him, Avs pickup the puck head other way and Mercier follows up the play and bangs home a rebound of Durno's shot to cut the lead to 5-3 with under two minutes remaining...

Old
02-04-2010, 09:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Actually, I don't follow either Dater or Felder...just saw their tweets re-tweeted...
So technically that means the tweets you give us are tweets of tweets re-tweeted?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Seems like we love giving up first career NHL goals.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Now let's get a streak to make up for the losing.

Old
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Seth Lake

Three stars of the night:

1) Patric Hornqvist - 2g, 1a
2) Jason Arnott - 1g, 3a
3) Steve Sullivan - 1g, 1a

Who's locker do they put the hats in front of now???

Old
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Well the Preds are 19-0-0 when Joel Ward gets a point. That has to be some kind of team record or something.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Big, big, big win tonight.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Honestly I say the entire team should enjoy those hats if no individual can. This is the first good, complete effort they've put up in a while.

Old
02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Wow...I'm speechless.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
NHL RULEZ

Hey guys did Dumont get hurt?

NHL RULEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
San Nashlanta

Well, that was a very entertaining game. Finally some offense.

San Nashlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL RULEZ View Post
Hey guys did Dumont get hurt?
Not that I know of...he's actually playing even-strength on the fourth line right now...

Old
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
NHL RULEZ

Wow maybe thats the reason because he only had 8 min of ice time tonight and usually plays 15 min so I was wondering.

NHL RULEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL RULEZ View Post
Wow maybe thats the reason because he only had 8 min of ice time tonight and usually plays 15 min so I was wondering.
Yeah, his even-strength TOI is consistent with the other 4th liners (O'Reilly and Jones), but he did get 2:39 on the PP to actually boost his ice time to 8:45 on the night...1 assist and a -1 rating for JP tonight...

I actually benched him this morning in my fantasy hockey league...

Old
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Yeah, his even-strength TOI is consistent with the other 4th liners (O'Reilly and Jones), but he did get 2:39 on the PP to actually boost his ice time to 8:45 on the night...1 assist and a -1 rating for JP tonight...

I actually benched him this morning in my fantasy hockey league...
This is fu***** ridiculous, trade him to Montreal, we gonna use him right. I cant believe that a player of this caliber isn't playing lot of minutes and with the best players.

If I was JP, I would ask for a trade, for sure.

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:31 PM
glenngineer

Did Sulzer get hurt?

First time in a long while I saw all these guys skating hard. I am usually very hard on Arnott but tonight he skated and played his butt off. If only that were the case more often. Also, have been pissed off at Sully for quite some time and he finally showed up too. I guess I will keep both of them as my whipping boys for now. Anyone else need their butt chewed out?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
thejlb*

I'm sure all options are being looked at with dumont. So you think he should be on the 1st line. I think he's fine where hes at. Love Dumont seen him get after it a little bit tonight, which is what the point of the 4th line is right.Kinda surprised noone else on the 1st line has been punished like dumont. What are you gonna do though. Not really a whole lot of options.

Great to see the 1st line tearing it up. Maybe the fans will reward the team saturday with a sellout. I know I'll be there.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
glenngineer

The call on Dumont was the correct call. He slashed Anderson who had the puck under his glove. Anderson had every right to get up and punch Dumont. Both went to the box. The refs did their job properly. I was amazed at how many people were booing the refs but when you looked at the replay, it was all warranted and called properly. I love our team and our guys but sometimes the fans have a little bit too much homer in them.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
glenngineer

Dumont should be on a line with Legwand and Ward. It would alleviate a lot of our scoring issues and puts Smithson on a line that suits his game and style much better. I really think sometimes that we play guys on lines and/or roles that are not suited to their style of play. Keeping O'Reilly up and playing him on the 4th line as opposed to keeping a guy like Spalling up to play on the 4th line didn't make much sense to me. Also, having a guy like Jones on the 4th line is a waste as well. Problem is sheer numbers of forwards that are capable of playing and who's deserved to play more minutes.

I thought the Goc/Erat/Tootoo line was our second best line all night behind Arnott's line even though they didn't score. Those three play well together for whatever reason. We need to figure out a way to get JP and Legwand going again and I think by pairing them together that would help. It would also help the PP to have the bigger salaried guys out there together. I don't understand the point of using Dumont, O'Reiily and Jones together on the second unit when they're barely getting ice time as it is and then are expected to jump on the ice, cold, and actually produce anything. Legwand should be out there with Dumont and Jones out front. It just makes more sense but what do I know, I'm just a fan.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
braindead

Great game and a HUGE win. Suddenly we have a bit of a points streak going here. The Preds looked like they had their mojo back- following the lead of the captain, this is a group that plays great when they believe they are great. Full-on swagger tonight.

I can't believe it was a sellout. There looked to be 3k-4k empty seats at the start and even after it filled in it seemed like 1k short of a sellout.

Other than a couple of miscues and the booing by our fans on the 5 on 3 (I don't care how bad it is, I won't boo the Preds), it was a perfect game.

braindead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:45 PM
thejlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The call on Dumont was the correct call. He slashed Anderson who had the puck under his glove. Anderson had every right to get up and punch Dumont. Both went to the box. The refs did their job properly. I was amazed at how many people were booing the refs but when you looked at the replay, it was all warranted and called properly. I love our team and our guys but sometimes the fans have a little bit too much homer in them.
Yeah man dumont was really pushing it. I agree on the fans booing. We want the refs to make the right calls. Don't understand it its been like that for as long as I remember I sit pretty close to center ice and still get amazed by the amount of fans that boo offsides which is plainly visible at least from my seat. Thought it was good game from the refs anybody get a status update on the ref that down early in the game???

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Did Sulzer get hurt?
No, he just played very limited minutes tonight. Peterson seems to do that a lot with our younger guys when they first come up until they really prove something.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:14 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
No, he just played very limited minutes tonight. Peterson seems to do that a lot with our younger guys when they first come up until they really prove something.
You sure? He didn't play any in the third if I'm not mistaken and I remember seeing him come out on the ice in the third during a tv timeout and skate around real quick as if making sure he was able to go. Maybe he was just trying to stay loose. It's not as if they hadn't played him this year so to sit him in the third seemed odd to me.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
You sure? He didn't play any in the third if I'm not mistaken and I remember seeing him come out on the ice in the third during a tv timeout and skate around real quick as if making sure he was able to go. Maybe he was just trying to stay loose. It's not as if they hadn't played him this year so to sit him in the third seemed odd to me.
Can't be totally sure. Didn't hear anything post-game. Guess we'll have to see in the upcoming days whether or not he skates in practice or is held back...think he actually has a MD appt that was either scheduled for today or tomorrow regarding his eye injury...