HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

How has Salmela improved ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
  #1
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,962
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
How has Salmela improved ?

Hey guys, coming in peace.

When we traded Salmela to you last season he had his faults and became a fringe guy in our system. Just curious how has he been for you guys ? I know he put up a couple goals which is nice to see.

Enjoy Bergie and Johnny both great guys.

Scottyk9 is online now  
Old
02-04-2010, 09:14 PM
  #2
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
had a tough time cracking the lineup because of our ridiculous depth at bottom pairing d-man

had some games where he could be a 2nd pairing guy, others where he didn't belong in the nhl, same as just about every dman on our team besides enstrom and kubina this season. never going to be anything special but has good offensive instincts and a little physical flare. should be a solid 6th dman in the league

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
  #3
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Depends on who you ask. Most people will go, EHHH. No biggie. Nice offensive defenseman, good puck skills, tends to lose focus in his end, especially if the other team gets into a cycle situation. Leaves men open in front.

But one special fan, Anssi's love child we think, will tell you he's a franchise D-man!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 09:21 PM
  #4
Telfo
THRASHERS
 
Telfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Depends on who you ask. Most people will go, EHHH. No biggie. Nice offensive defenseman, good puck skills, tends to lose focus in his end, especially if the other team gets into a cycle situation. Leaves men open in front.

But one special fan, Anssi's love child we think, will tell you he's a franchise D-man!
LMAO!

he is decent, hasnt really changed since he got here. sometimes he gets too aggressive pinching in the offensive zone and gets in trouble

Telfo is offline  
Old
02-04-2010, 09:22 PM
  #5
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,669
vCash: 500
I think he took a big step backwards this year. In our offensive system there is no good reason why Salmela could not step up and take a full time roster spot.

He had more bad nights than good, and he was severely outclassed by Christoph Schubert and even Mark Popovic at times.

btn is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
  #6
TasteofFlames
Registered User
 
TasteofFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I think he took a big step backwards this year. In our offensive system there is no good reason why Salmela could not step up and take a full time roster spot.

He had more bad nights than good, and he was severely outclassed by Christoph Schubert and even Mark Popovic at times.
Yep. He had like 3 games where he was absolutely lights out and the rest were way on the other end of the spectrum.

TasteofFlames is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
  #7
Boognish
Registered User
 
Boognish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Haiti
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
had a tough time cracking the lineup because of our ridiculous depth at bottom pairing d-man
...And there goes the last of my coffee.

Boognish is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
  #8
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
Yep. He had like 3 games where he was absolutely lights out and the rest were way on the other end of the spectrum.
Totally this.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM
  #9
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
you guys just got a future star... play him every night... if you have any Popovics aka Popoblows, do not play them over Salmela...

John Cena* is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
  #10
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr
 
MountainGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
you guys just got a future star... play him every night... if you have any Popovics aka Popoblows, do not play them over Salmela...
he was our best defensemen tonight by far, played around 20mins.... boy has he improved since he was last with us

MountainGoat is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 11:31 PM
  #11
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,288
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
he was our best defensemen tonight by far, played around 20mins.... boy has he improved since he was last with us
He might have been our best defenseman, but that's not saying very much given how the defense played tonight.

He did play very, very well though.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
  #12
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Anderson has thought it's wiser to play a messed up and injured Zach Bogosian for much of the year rather than Anssi Salmela.

How can you break into such a roster?

Magnus Fulgur is offline  
Old
02-05-2010, 11:51 PM
  #13
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
he was our best defensemen tonight by far, played around 20mins.... boy has he improved since he was last with us
Good to hear he had a good night.


Last edited by Shameus: 02-05-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Shameus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.