Notices

from an Oilers fan to Thrashers fans

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2010, 02:43 AM
yukoner88

vCash: 350
from an Oilers fan to Thrashers fans

Now that Atlanta has an extra 1st rd pick, think we could target one of them. Brophy mentioned in the intermission during the game tonight. I don't normally put much into what he has to say, but for once, he brought something up that would be an interesting idea. The Thrashers are still in a playoff race and with Kovie gone, will most likely want to add to the team as it moves forward this season. Even though Oduya went to Atlanta they could use another defenseman and will want someone for the left side. Another point with Atlanta is that they have ALOT of UFA's this year, so may need a couple guys on contract aswell. Here's what I'm thinking

To Atl:

F Penner
D Souray
D Peckham

To Edm:

D Bogosian
F Kozlov
F Machacek
Devils 2010 1st rd pick
Thrashers 2010 3rd rd pick

Atlanta may not be on the TSN list, but they did state there are more teams, but the Thrashers are in a playoff race so he might be interested. Yes hes injured right now, but will be returning with roughly a month left in the regular season so Waddell(sp) may be interested. It would hurt to lose Penner right now, but his moving his salary would be a big help in resigning some of our RFAs. Kozlov is an UFA this summer. Bogosian is a young defenseman, with nice size who can crash and bang a bit. 6'3 205 with 134 hits this season and has a small offensive touch to his game. With Atlanta's aquisition of Bergfors, we may be able to pry Machacek from their system. He's had a decent junior career in Vancouver and is having a good year in the A. He's 20yrs old and could provide some depth on our farm team and possibly crack our line up in a yr or 2. With the draft pics and prospects that Atlanta received the pics in the proposal could be available aswell. With this deal Atlanta stays competitive with a couple guys who are signed for the next couple seasons. We get cap room to re-sign our RFA's we want to keep, and continue to formulate a young core to build around. The extra draft pics help us keep the cupboards full, and Atlanta hangs on to their 1st, and the devil's 2nd.

Would you folks be satisfied with this deal? I'm curious about your thoughts

Old
02-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Not a chance in hell.

Add Gagner and Cogliano to the Oilers side, then we start talking.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:49 AM
DousedInOil

After trading away Kovalchuck I think Atlanta is pretty much packing it in for the rest of the season (obviously they will still try and win but they aren't going to mortgage the future).

This is a terrible trade for Atlanta IMO.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:51 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

wow.. close this thread.. we aren't trading Bogosian let alone for that garbage.

Bogosian is an untouchable...

Old
02-05-2010, 02:55 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
...but for once, he brought something up that would be an interesting idea. The Thrashers are still in a playoff race and with Kovie gone, will most likely want to add to the team as it moves forward this season. Even though Oduya went to Atlanta they could use another defenseman
I'm sorry, but I had to stop reading here. We're stacked to the moon with D-men, and we somehow could use another one? And you propose we trade Bogosian?

I'm sorry, but this sounds like you're kicking a dog while it's down. No thanks.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:59 AM
DousedInOil

I apologize from Oiler fans worldwide.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:04 AM
yukoner88

Holy, sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I was just curious of your opinions is all and see what you thought. What if Bogosian is taken out and put in someone you guys are looking to get rid of or is a available. Then take out Peckham for POS since you feel you have a surplus of D-man.

Last edited by yukoner88: 02-05-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old
02-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Lux Aurumque*

There is no trade potential between the Thrashers and Oilers unless Edmonton is willing to give up Gagner, Cogliano, Eberle, or their 1st rounder. There is no chance of that happening, thus there is no chance of a trade.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:15 AM
yukoner88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
There is no trade potential between the Thrashers and Oilers unless Edmonton is willing to give up Gagner, Cogliano, Eberle, or their 1st rounder. There is no chance of that happening, thus there is no chance of a trade.
There's been rumblings of him being shopped a bit. I'd hate to see him go but we have alot of small forwards and decisions have to be made because so many are RFAs this summer. Say hypothetically he is available, what you would be thinking of offering?

Old
02-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Yeah, original trade was atrocious.

02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i wouldnt mind getting Penner or Cogliano, but Bogosian goes nowhere

Old
02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
yukoner88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
i wouldnt mind getting Penner or Cogliano, but Bogosian goes nowhere
Who in from the Thrashers is available if you were thinking of a deal?

Old
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
netminder17

Quote:
Who in from the Thrashers is available if you were thinking of a deal?
The off limits list
Bogo
Little
Kane
Enstrom
Bergfors

You can have Todd White though.
White for Souray now thats a good deal!!
Well for us anyway.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
yukoner88

What's Valabik's game like? He utilize his size at all? Or is he a pylon?

Old
02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
What's Valabik's game like? He utilize his size at all? Or is he a pylon?
he is somewhere in between at this point, definitely improving

Old
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
yukoner88

With Oduya there would that put Kubina on the block if a dman was in the mix of a trade?

Old
02-05-2010, 12:27 PM
netminder17

Quote:
With Oduya there would that put Kubina on the block if a dman was in the mix of a trade?
No

We need to re-sign him.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
yukoner88

The whole idea in this thread is god awful, I'm gonna straight up apologize for wasting your time on here.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I forgive you.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Now that Atlanta has an extra 1st rd pick, think we could target one of them. Brophy mentioned in the intermission during the game tonight. I don't normally put much into what he has to say, but for once, he brought something up that would be an interesting idea. The Thrashers are still in a playoff race and with Kovie gone, will most likely want to add to the team as it moves forward this season. Even though Oduya went to Atlanta they could use another defenseman and will want someone for the left side. Another point with Atlanta is that they have ALOT of UFA's this year, so may need a couple guys on contract aswell. Here's what I'm thinking

To Atl:

F Penner
F Morneou

To Edm:

D Hainsey
F Kozlov
Devils 2010 1st rd pick
Thrashers 2010 3rd rd pick

Atlanta may not be on the TSN list, but they did state there are more teams, but the Thrashers are in a playoff race so he might be interested. Yes hes injured right now, but will be returning with roughly a month left in the regular season so Waddell(sp) may be interested. It would hurt to lose Penner right now, but his moving his salary would be a big help in resigning some of our RFAs. Kozlov is an UFA this summer. Bogosian is a young defenseman, with nice size who can crash and bang a bit. 6'3 205 with 134 hits this season and has a small offensive touch to his game. With Atlanta's aquisition of Bergfors, we may be able to pry Machacek from their system. He's had a decent junior career in Vancouver and is having a good year in the A. He's 20yrs old and could provide some depth on our farm team and possibly crack our line up in a yr or 2. With the draft pics and prospects that Atlanta received the pics in the proposal could be available aswell. With this deal Atlanta stays competitive with a couple guys who are signed for the next couple seasons. We get cap room to re-sign our RFA's we want to keep, and continue to formulate a young core to build around. The extra draft pics help us keep the cupboards full, and Atlanta hangs on to their 1st, and the devil's 2nd.

Would you folks be satisfied with this deal? I'm curious about your thoughts
There i fixed it for. unless your in a cave you should know that bogo is on the all might untouchables list

Old
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Lux Aurumque*

To Atlanta:
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Ron Hainsey
NJ 1st

Now there's a deal!

Old
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
pfloyd75

Quote:
Originally Posted by netminder17 View Post
(Kubina) We need to re-sign him.
While I agree with this, DW really needs to get a feel for Kubina's intentions over the summer soon. If Kubina says "I am signing elsewhere this summer", then DW needs to trade him at the deadline and get as much of a return as he can. Same goes for Armstrong.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
yukoner88

We got alot of $$$ on our d already, Hainsey would make that problem crippling.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
To Atlanta:
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Ron Hainsey
NJ 1st

Now there's a deal!
As much trouble as this franchise has had attracting free agents, trading one of the most significant signings just two years after he agreed to come here is a very, very dangerous move.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
The Sneak

Teams do lose players at the end of seasons due to free agency. Its a cost of doing business. Can you get a replacement for Kubina to help us to the playoffs if you move him at the deadline? Unless you can move him to Chicago for Barker+ so they can get cap relief in the off season when Kubina is unrestricted I don't think you should move him.

We're not in full on sell mode. We'll probably take a hit on a player or two. That's life.

Closed Thread