New Captain

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Reasoner is soft. I don't even want him here after this year. We need to re-build. He is a 4th liner - 3rd liner at best... but when your a Thrashers, anyone can be a 1st liner... see Nik Antropov

Reasoner is a piece...a rock solid piece..a veteran center who wins 53% at the dot, is defensively responsible and is arguably the teams best PKer. a PERFECT 4th Center. i'd welcome him here for the next 2-3 years in a heartbeat.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Antropov
Reasoner or
Peverley

or Patrick Sharp if we get him somehow.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:26 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Because we need more players like him... He has a great attitude... like an i don't care about the other team attitude.

Anyone else besides Bogo, Enstrom named captain is a waste.

Reasoner? Why would it be given to a 50 year old meaningless player on this team? Give it to the kids like everyone is doing.

And we need more players with great attitudes. We need some cheap shot artists on this team. I'm sick of being the soft little fairys. And honestly i'd love for our team to start hitting people hard and playing like goons. It's what we need. We play what is known as soft hockey (no defense, no hard hitters, no instagators). Armstrong is the only one on our team that slightly fits the bill of what i want.

Change of ways needs to be made for next year it is important. Which is why i want Lapierre so bad and want Ott signed in the offseason (Lol i love dreaming)

Toronto maple leafs no cups in a while
Philly no cups in a while

both teams are constantly built around bruisers and goons. you need balance

anahiem when they won the cup.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I vote for Reasoner.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
thrashers=cup05

if we resign him Kubina. I do not want any of our young guys to be captian or any of our esential pieces........there is a curse of the captian i tell you, a curse.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Syek

Rich Peverley ............wait, im not trying to be sarcastic, he'd actually be a good captain

Old
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Please explain how Bogosian deserves it.
I thought it was a HUUUUGE mistake (and still do) this season to give Bogo the 'A'... just too young. Not that he isn't the future, or a good player, but he was way too young to get 'A' and i would have kept it with Armstrong and some of the older guys.

Just not enough veteran presence in the room,.... and i think he was at odds not having a lot of PP time this season........ He barely played a full season last year and immedately got the 'A' the next........ odd if you ask me.

I say Enstrom.........personally.. but i doubt it'll be that since he doesn't even have an A yet.

Old
02-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I say none for the rest of this season.

Next season, if they pick from within, I have a feeling it will be Bogosian. He is starting to do a lot of promos in Atlanta (Bogo-xplosian ) so his name is starting to get well known.

Hainsey/Reasoner have the experience but I think this team needs some leadership stability long term, than a one or two year captain.

Bogo is still learning and makes mistakes, but it wouldn't be a bad option to let him grow into the role.

Old
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

no captain this season, Peverley next year depending on who stays and who comes in that could change

Old
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Wings fan here wondering if there's any chance Kozlov will become captain?

Old
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
AintLifeGrand

RAPTOR JEZUS FOR CAPTAIN

its his team now

Old
02-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Kozzy missed the curve. He's already in John Anderson's doghouse (although somewhat justifiable) for his lack of production and effectiveness this season... particuarly where he shone the most in recent years (PP). He's been scratched for 4-5 games straight.........for Todd White/Jimmy Slater...

I like Kozzy, but don't think it'll happen as the boat seems to have left the shore already.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Slim to none. He's had a bad season and has been getting scratched lately. Also, I don't think anyone expects him to be back next season. His deal is up, he had 1 great and 2 ehh seasons on it, and he looks like Father Time finally caught him. I've been a huge Kozlov fan for his tenure, but I think its time to find some secondary scoring elsewhere.

Old
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Kozlov hasn't had a good year, and he's UFA at the end of the season. He may seek greener grass elsewhere, or may just as well retire.

Old
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Because we need more players like him... He has a great attitude... like an i don't care about the other team attitude.

Anyone else besides Bogo, Enstrom named captain is a waste.

Reasoner? Why would it be given to a 50 year old meaningless player on this team? Give it to the kids like everyone is doing.

And we need more players with great attitudes. We need some cheap shot artists on this team. I'm sick of being the soft. And honestly i'd love for our team to start hitting people hard and playing like goons. It's what we need. We play what is known as soft hockey (no defense, no hard hitters, no instagators). Armstrong is the only one on our team that slightly fits the bill of what i want.

Change of ways needs to be made for next year it is important. Which is why i want Lapierre so bad and want Ott signed in the offseason (Lol i love dreaming)
Thank you Patrice Cormier for coming to our team!

Bogosian for captain

Last edited by Shameus: 02-05-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: QEP
Closed Thread