HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2010, 10:46 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc View Post
How does he compare to Burmistrov?

I read Burm was the fastest skater, even beating out Hall. I also read from a publication that all Burm has is speed and not much else, but others describing Datsyk in that hes a 2 way player and very skilled.

Now Im curious how Evgeny compares. He sounds slower, but more of a finisher than Burm.

Too bad we dont get to watch some of these games in the US, then we could judge and be scouts ourselves.
Burmistrov is a tad lower overall than Kuznetsov, I personally believe.

Kuznetsov is a smooth skating juggernaut who could seriously do some damage. His hockey sense is right up there with the best of them in this draft. Could work on his positioning a tad. I think him and Burmistrov are just about the same for speed, maybe giving the edge to Burmistrov cuz he is the smaller of the two. As for stickhandling, shooting, and passing, Kuznetsov completely is on another level than Burmistrov. I hate to say that because I think Burmistrov will be the guy to play in the NHL and Kuznetsov may stick in Russia. Kuznetsov has blazing fast hands and can control the puck as if it were attached to his stick. His shot is accurate with a very quick release, and has the ability to set up plays. For the Russians in this draft, I think the will fall past the first round, except for maybe Kabanov and, if he is lucky, Tarasenko. But I would rank the Russian talent like this:

Kabanov
Tarasenko
Kuznetsov
Burmistrov
Galiev

I really hope all of them end up playing in the NHL, because the talent that they bring is at the top of this draft. Going to be really exciting to see what they can do in the NHL when given the opportunity.

Old
01-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Burmistrov is a tad lower overall than Kuznetsov, I personally believe.

Kuznetsov is a smooth skating juggernaut who could seriously do some damage. His hockey sense is right up there with the best of them in this draft. Could work on his positioning a tad. I think him and Burmistrov are just about the same for speed, maybe giving the edge to Burmistrov cuz he is the smaller of the two. As for stickhandling, shooting, and passing, Kuznetsov completely is on another level than Burmistrov. I hate to say that because I think Burmistrov will be the guy to play in the NHL and Kuznetsov may stick in Russia. Kuznetsov has blazing fast hands and can control the puck as if it were attached to his stick. His shot is accurate with a very quick release, and has the ability to set up plays. For the Russians in this draft, I think the will fall past the first round, except for maybe Kabanov and, if he is lucky, Tarasenko. But I would rank the Russian talent like this:

Kabanov
Tarasenko
Kuznetsov
Burmistrov
Galiev

I really hope all of them end up playing in the NHL, because the talent that they bring is at the top of this draft. Going to be really exciting to see what they can do in the NHL when given the opportunity.
Good post, I agree with everything, only that i'd flip flop Kabanov and Tarasenko, and also Burmistrov and Kuznetsov because, at the end, as far as now, the one with more NHL chances is Alexander. Also Kuznetsov has to play a little bit more disciplinedly.
BTW He scored not long ago his first KHL goal, a gwg one of course

02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Skylimit

anyone knows if Kuznetsov will play CHL next season?

Kuznetsov better potentiel than Kugryshev?

Old
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Jonas1235

I think Atlanta or Phoenix will be teams that take chances on the Russian players with their first round picks, because as of right now, they both have two first round picks.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
McDonaughGirardi

reading this post makes me want kuznetsov on my team rather than kabanov... there has to be more faults to his game then just undisciplined

Old
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Siberian

Kuznetsov is planning to move to NA next year, more likely to play in the CHL I assume.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:32 AM
pouskin74*

great prospect. in my point of view he is just right there alongside with Kabanov and Tarasenko.

Old
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
wej20

Anybody know about Kuznetsov's contract with Traktor? is he contracted for the 2010-11 season?

Any info on him would be much appreciated .

Old
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Kuznetsov is planning to move to NA next year, more likely to play in the CHL I assume.
i wouldnt be surprised to see end up with the Quebec Rempart

Patrick Roy love russian and he has the money to go after Kuznetsov

to me he's the best russian in the draft. love his skill level

Old
05-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i wouldnt be surprised to see end up with the Quebec Rempart

Patrick Roy love russian and he has the money to go after Kuznetsov

to me he's the best russian in the draft. love his skill level

Maybe, but Kuznetsov will be getting quality minutes in Chelyabinsk next year. There aren't many Russians willing to play in major junior if they are receiving good KHL ice time.

Old
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Skylimit

how is he skilled compare to Dimitri Kugryshev?

can he has a bigger impact in the Q if you compare to Kugry?

Old
05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
I think he is a more skilled player than Kugryshev

Old
05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
He's one guy I want the Penguins to look long and hard at about drafting at #20.

Old
05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I think he is a more skilled player than Kugryshev
As long as Kuznetsov doesn't do the turning around in the offensive zone without a pass to a teammate or a shot at the net, he should be ok.

Old
05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Itty bitty Rick Nash.

Old
05-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Skylimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
As long as Kuznetsov doesn't do the turning around in the offensive zone without a pass to a teammate or a shot at the net, he should be ok.

i think Kuznetsov has a better scoring instinct than Kugryshev who always spin around. Kugry was not a sniper.

Kugryshev had fantastic hands but lack of hockey sense and scoring to produce like Alexander Radulov did in 2005-06.

Old
05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
sportsfreak39

Kuznetsov's New Contract

Having just heard that Kuznetsov has re-signed with Traktor, how does this affect his potential NA future? I know the KHL has a clause that keeps a player's rights, so is Evgeny stuck in Russia and if so for how long?

Old
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

He signed a 2 years deal, thus 2 years. But maybe he'll leave next summer, in 2011, we'll see. But I can see him dropping a bit frankly

Old
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Skylimit

that means no chances to see Kuznetsov in CHL next 2010-11 season?

Old
05-19-2010, 05:32 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Dammit, this is pretty bad. I dont like it when top notch Russian players sign deals before getting drafted. I think you will see Kuznetsov's stock drop. Not a lot, but will drop nonetheless.

Old
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Dammit, this is pretty bad. I dont like it when top notch Russian players sign deals before getting drafted. I think you will see Kuznetsov's stock drop. Not a lot, but will drop nonetheless.
for some reason i dont care a much about draft stock . sooner or later he will proves to everyone that not picking him is just a mistake. its so amusing when people in NA are so high about Burmistrov but underestimating Tarasenko and Kuznetsov who are obviously level above him. just dont see a reason to not pick them up because after all they will coming over to NA . is it so important to have them at age 18 instead of 20???

Last edited by pouskin74*: 05-20-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old
05-20-2010, 01:10 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
for some reason i dont care a much about draft stock . sooner or later he will proves to everyone that not picking him is just a mistake. its so amusing when people in NA are so high about Burmistrov but underestimating Tarasenko and Kuznetsov who are obviously level above him. just dont see a reason to not pick them up because after all they will coming over to NA . is it so important to have them at age 18 instead of 20???
I wont disagree with you here as I am Russian myself, but the issue here is the difference in the game. The KHL is more wide open and skillful where as the NHL is tighter and more physical. The earlier the transition, the easier it will be for the player, the level of play will be along the NHL lines, sooner. So the difference between 18 and 20 is potentially huge in their development, however, if I were a GM I would still take a gamble on them regardless.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:13 AM
danishh

vCash: 50
it means kuz to chl rumors are dead, but as for his NHL future i dont think it should impact it much. It could effect his draft status a bit though.

Bottom line for his future is:
a) he is loyal to his hometown traktor team. Dont expect him to go to another khl club.
b) traktor is not rich or overly competitive. He will come over to the NHL whether he values money or winning.

Old
05-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

Quote:
I wont disagree with you here as I am Russian myself, but the issue here is the difference in the game. The KHL is more wide open and skillful where as the NHL is tighter and more physical. The earlier the transition, the easier it will be for the player, the level of play will be along the NHL lines, sooner. So the difference between 18 and 20 is potentially huge in their development, however, if I were a GM I would still take a gamble on them regardless.
Meh, like the lockout year harmed the chances of Ovechkin and Malkin. Heck, Malkin was 20 years old.
Well, actually I don't disagree. There is a huge difference between moving 18 or 20. When they move at 18 there is much more probability of failing...

Old
05-20-2010, 07:14 AM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
I often see Russian posters boasting Kuznetsov and Tarasenko as superior to Burmistrov. Now, I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Burmistrov having been gone for a year. Perhaps he's a much better player than he was when he left. I've only seen the three play at the WJCs, unfortunately. In my opinion, Burmistrov was by far the most impressive, followed by Kuznetsov(on the strength of some dazzling break aways), with Tarasenko(generally invisible) bringing up the rear. Of course, this was just one tournament, and it doesn't mean a whole lot. Plus, I must admit that, as it was some time ago, my perception may have skewed, a bit.

Closed Thread