HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tootoo re-signed 2 yrs, $2.5 million

Old
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
thejlb*

vCash: 500
and Tootoo is above mediocrity

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, Smithson has another year left at $762,500...

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=19
hm. I've gone all season positive that he was in a contract year, we even joke that he's only playing well to get a new contract. lol

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Arnott and Dumont have NTC's. Sully could be moved. Maybe
I believe Sullivan also has one that was part of his new contract, but we wouldn't trade him anyway.

I'm satisfied. That's exactly where I valued Tootoo money-wise. I would've liked an extra year on the deal, but what we got was reasonable.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I believe Sullivan also has one that was part of his new contract, but we wouldn't trade him anyway.

I'm satisfied. That's exactly where I valued Tootoo money-wise. I would've liked an extra year on the deal, but what we got was reasonable.
Don't see anything on Sullivan with an NTC or an NMC. got a link. I tried searching.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I like this resigning. We need Tootoo more right now than Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan. Etc. Belak should be resigned as well, because remember the no enforcer experiment, we got run more than I have ever seen a team get run before.

Our numbers problem comes from having too many "skill" players. The only real grinders on our team would be Tootoo, Smithson and Belak. With the exception of Ward and Goc, everyone else is fit for the top two lines and thats too many bodies for too few positions.

Next year I would like to see something like

Hornqvist - Wilson - Erat
Dumont - Legwand - Jones
Smithson - Goc - Ward
Tootoo - Spaling - Thuresson
Belak

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
thejlb*

Is your third line the new shut down line? Or is 2nd still shutdown. Hate to see our lines with no Arnott He's still a beast(when he wants to be) Like the looks of it though.

Now do the Defense for us.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I like this resigning. We need Tootoo more right now than Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan. Etc. Belak should be resigned as well, because remember the no enforcer experiment, we got run more than I have ever seen a team get run before.

Our numbers problem comes from having too many "skill" players. The only real grinders on our team would be Tootoo, Smithson and Belak. With the exception of Ward and Goc, everyone else is fit for the top two lines and thats too many bodies for too few positions.

Next year I would like to see something like

Hornqvist - Wilson - Erat
Dumont - Legwand - Jones
Smithson - Goc - Ward
Tootoo - Spaling - Thuresson
Belak
You still have Arnott for one more year.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb View Post
Is your third line the new shut down line? Or is 2nd still shutdown. Hate to see our lines with no Arnott He's still a beast(when he wants to be) Like the looks of it though.

Now do the Defense for us.
Yeah I had the 3rd as the shutdown line but the top 3 centers could be completely interchangable. I do hate the fact that Arnott and Sullivan aren't there but they are getting a bit too old so I took Dumont, who is a bit younger, to give us the another veteran.

Defense is the easy part, Hamhuis walks and everyone moves up a spot. Goalies are a problem. Last week Ellis was the better of the two, this week its Rinne. Resign the better of the two and have Dekanich back up.

Suter - Weber
Klein - Franson
Boullion - Sulzer

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Don't see anything on Sullivan with an NTC or an NMC. got a link. I tried searching.
http://twitter.com/capgeek/status/2790147972

Officially for the Predators...Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, and Erat all have no-movement clauses (NMC) in their contracts and Legwand has a full no-trade clause (NTC).

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I would be sad if we lost Jordin but not devastated. And the sadness would really only be because he's sort of the face of our team, for better or for worse. Having said that, I am pleased he was resigned, I think this is definitely a good thing in the long run. Now, that price is way steep in my opinion, especially given that we got Goc for only $775k for a year. Makes him seem like a steal now.

At least all the grown men with a Tootoo jersey and the fangirls will be thrilled.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I would be sad if we lost Jordin but not devastated. And the sadness would really only be because he's sort of the face of our team, for better or for worse. Having said that, I am pleased he was resigned, I think this is definitely a good thing in the long run. Now, that price is way steep in my opinion, especially given that we got Goc for only $775k for a year. Makes him seem like a steal now.

At least all the grown men with a Tootoo jersey and the fangirls will be thrilled.
uh, no he really isn't ... I'd say Shea or Ryan are the face of this team

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post

Goc was an RFA and got a nice raise ($225k) for his status. Tootoo was heading into UFA status and got a reasonable raise over the next two years ($175k in '10 and $200k in '11)...

Not really comparable straight up...

Old
02-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
The NHL.com catalog cares to disagree. Tootoo is commonly the only stock player available for Predators merchandise...

Old
02-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Neither of them are visible enough. Most folks, when they think Nashville, still think Tootoo. Weber and Suter really need to be promoted more.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Oh my gosh - the world is coming to an end. We agree.

I must really be sick or very, very old.

Worse - I knew we could come up with something we agree on. Who knew it would be Toots...

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
http://twitter.com/capgeek/status/2790147972

Officially for the Predators...Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, and Erat all have no-movement clauses (NMC) in their contracts and Legwand has a full no-trade clause (NTC).
This is an obstacle, but it doesn't mean it's impossible. Poile got himself into this mess by handing out NTC like candy; time to get yourself out of it.

I have a feeling Sullivan would welcome a trade to a contender.

But this is up to the GM and coaching staff to get a feel for who would be open to the possibility of waving it. We can only take guesses.

Last edited by dulzhok: 02-06-2010 at 12:04 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:15 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
This is an obstacle, but it doesn't mean it's impossible. Poile got himself into this mess by handing out NTC like candy; time to get yourself out of it.

you know, when these were handed out, everybody (although i'm sure there a few that now stand on their soapbox) was glad he gave them. arnott was the big center we never had, no one complained then. dumont was great for us for two years, signed up for four more when our franchise was heading out, everyone loved he was staying at a good price. no one whined then. leggy and erat, most were glad they signed long term, but if any objections were made, it was for legwands. again, 2 guys who wanted to be here. and july 1 last year, everyone was scared sullivan was gone because he was the heart and soul of this team. when he was signed, everyone rejoiced. now they aren't what they were when they handed these out. so everyone wants to discard the loyalty they showed to a struggling franchise by wanting to be here and spit them out like chewing gum. if it were a mutual thing, i could understand that. but for a gm to ask a guy to waive it, or a fan to, is disgraceful.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:55 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Uh, not really. If you talk to any casual fan, I bet the majority of them, if they know any hockey player, would only know one: Jordin Tootoo.

Quote:
Goc was an RFA and got a nice raise ($225k) for his status. Tootoo was heading into UFA status and got a reasonable raise over the next two years ($175k in '10 and $200k in '11)...

Not really comparable straight up...
Maybe not comparable straight up, but if you are talking talent and stats, then Goc deserves more money in my opinion. But I know it doesn't really work that way.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:07 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
now they aren't what they were when they handed these out. so everyone wants to discard the loyalty they showed to a struggling franchise by wanting to be here and spit them out like chewing gum. if it were a mutual thing, i could understand that. but for a gm to ask a guy to waive it, or a fan to, is disgraceful.
Sullivan said last year that his time is running out, and he wants a shot at the cup (implying that wasn't with the Predators). So, would he be willing to go to Pittsburgh, Philly, etc? Maybe so. Would Legwand be open to go to a contender?

Again, we can only speculate. We aren't around the players on a day-to-day basis to get a feel for it.

If Poile thinks there's a deal to be had to make the team better, and if he thinks they might be open to waving their NTC, I see no harm in asking them if it's a possibility.

As for a fan disgracing the players. Boo-hoo. You're getting paid 4.5m and not playing like it. That's a disgrace to me. Welcome to the world of life... if you're under-performing, it aint gonna be rosy.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote