HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nj-nyi

Old
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
DaveMatthew

vCash: 500
Nj-nyi

The Devils definitely solidified their offense with the Kovalchuk deal, but their defensive group still doesn't look very strong, and because of this, they'll need Brodeur to be lights out every game in the postseason.

At 37 years old, he's on pace to play in 78 games in the NHL this year + the Olympics, so you could realistically have him going into April having played around 84 games during the year. Last time he played that much, he went on to have a brutal playoffs where he put up a sub .900 SV% and NJ was ousted in round 1.

He may be in good shape and want to play a lot, but it'd be in NJ's best interest to give him some rest before April.

Unfortunately, I don't think Danis is a guy you can trust playing too much. They need to pick up a guy who can comfortably play 30-40% of the games after the Olympics.

So...

To NJ: Martin Biron
To NYI: 3rd round pick

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
ah no.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
The Devils definitely solidified their offense with the Kovalchuk deal, but their defensive group still doesn't look very strong, and because of this, they'll need Brodeur to be lights out every game in the postseason.

At 37 years old, he's on pace to play in 78 games in the NHL this year + the Olympics, so you could realistically have him going into April having played around 84 games during the year. Last time he played that much, he went on to have a brutal playoffs where he put up a sub .900 SV% and NJ was ousted in round 1.

He may be in good shape and want to play a lot, but it'd be in NJ's best interest to give him some rest before April.

Unfortunately, I don't think Danis is a guy you can trust playing too much. They need to pick up a guy who can comfortably play 30-40% of the games after the Olympics.

So...

To NJ: Martin Biron
To NYI: 3rd round pick
Fair For Devils, Fair for Islanders, Kinda fair for Biron- When he signed his contract the Islanders may of made a gurantee that he would be the starter where ever he is traded

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Would rather use the cap space to grab another defenseman. Danis will be just fine and will give Marty some nights off in the near future. Its not like Biron would play 1 game during the playoffs so this makes no sense for the Devils. Now if you wanna talk Andy Sutton I'm listening. I just don't like that he's signed for one more season as we need all space available to make a run at resigning Kovy.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Sneekypete

What would it take for the Isles to get Corrente?

Biron and Sutton
Danis, Corrente a Salary dump and a pick?

I am not sure how high NJ is on Corrente, but I like his overall game. I have seen him play a bunch of times.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
No interest in Sutton.

A defensive core containing Sutton, White, Salvador, and Fraser/Mottau will have trouble clearing the zone.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Why on earth would we need a goalie? Brodeur is not going anywhere, and Danis is a serviceable backup. This would just be a waste of cap space.

Pass.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
DevzFan15

No intrest in either Biron or Sutton. I don't see the Islanders and Devils as good trading partners right now so I dont see anyway you can get Corrente. Especially due to the fact that we traded Oduya and Martin/Mottau are set to become UFAs.

DevzFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB30104 View Post
Would rather use the cap space to grab another defenseman. Danis will be just fine and will give Marty some nights off in the near future. Its not like Biron would play 1 game during the playoffs so this makes no sense for the Devils. Now if you wanna talk Andy Sutton I'm listening. I just don't like that he's signed for one more season as we need all space available to make a run at resigning Kovy.

What would you give for Sutton and Biron?

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB30104 View Post
Sutton is signed for another season? If that's the case then it's certainly a non-starter. We have enough one-dimensional defensive defensemen making $3M.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Sutton is signed for another season? If that's the case then it's certainly a non-starter. We have enough one-dimensional defensive defensemen making $3M.

Hes a free agent after this year... thats why hes playing so well, for a contract

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
What would you give for Sutton and Biron?
Not interested in either, sorry.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
XParise9X

Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Sutton isn't bad I just wouldn't want to give up Corrente for him
and why would we want Biron when they aren't going to rest Marty anyway no matter how much we want them to. It would be a waste to even bother.
The only D I'd really want on the Islanders is Mark Streit (and don't worry I am well aware it would NEVER happen)

XParise9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
megajake

Ummm. NO

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Oh yeah I forgot Sutton is a FA after the season. We need another shutdown guy to push Mottau out of the line up.

Sutton > Mottau

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote