HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MDZ "Where tha points at?"

Old
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Drew Doughty had 27 Points in 81 GP last season as a rookie... just sayin'.

DZ's a rookie. Can't really expect too much out of him. He will be a great one along the way. Hopefully.
Well MDZ is NOT the all around player that Doughty is (or was as a rookie either) but he would have a lot more points this season if the Rangers were scoring. His breakout pass is great and in general he's just a great puck distributor. If the Rangers were 14th in the NHL in scoring (for example) rather than 28th where they currently sit, MDZ would have closer to 35-40 points, I'd wager.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
bmundus

MDZ is the man. he is going to be a very good O minded D. on most days he makes less D mistakes then redden, rozy and girardi.
MDZ needs to play with a beukeboom type player to see his true potential.
I dont want to see him turn into this in between D like rozy or girardi. you dont know who is going to show up in that game. leetch and beuke you knew that one was going to be O minded the other is going to be D minded. the important part is they knew it too.
we need a trade that brings in a vet D that can be a good example for these young guys. because redden and rozy are not.
and gilroy should be moved to forward. sounds crazy i know but i think he would make a very good forward.

bmundus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He got off to a very hot start, teams didn't know what to expect or to pay much attention to him, etc.

He's a 19-year-old rookie, it's not something I'd really look much in to.

If he was eligible to go to the AHL, I'm sure he probably would've at the least had a stint similar to Gilroy's earlier this year, or would be handled similar to how Jason Demers is being handled in San Jose.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxman View Post
whats with the hostility?
none, I thought the hyperbole comment already conveyed what I thought, thought your question had a hint of sarcasm, so i threw some in return. My apologies if it came off hostile. No apology for thinking that the idea that del zotto gets beat on every play and shies away physically is false.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
darko

MDZ has exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations. He's 19 and before this season my thoughts were that he should spend another year in minors before joining Rangers in 10/11 season. He's way ahead of the curve right now. 25 NHL points is 25 more than most people expected of him this season.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
MDZ has exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations. He's 19 and before this season my thoughts were that he should spend another year in minors before joining Rangers in 10/11 season. He's way ahead of the curve right now. 25 NHL points is 25 more than most people expected of him this season.
Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he posted 40-50 points next year. I realistically expect 30-40, but wouldn't shock me if he hit 40-50 or higher next year.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

He's a rookie, did you honestly expect him to keep up what he was doing the first couple weeks of the season all year long? I think thus far he's done well for a 3rd line rookie defender.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
BwayBshirt

As I said yesterday in another thread, I'd like to see DZ/Staal, Gilroy/Rozi, and Girardi/Redden as the pairs that are available.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
As I said yesterday in another thread, I'd like to see DZ/Staal, Gilroy/Rozi, and Girardi/Redden as the pairs that are available.
That will never happen. You have two left handed shots and two right handed shots together. Theres a reason you never see Del Zotto with Staal or Redden.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

He's a 19 year old rookie.

All rookies deal with consistency issues, because getting used to the NHL takes some time. And on top of that, the later it gets in the season the worse he's going to do because that shift to 82 games a season really tires a youngster out after a while.

I'm sure next year or the year after that his point production will be booming.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
That will never happen. You have two left handed shots and two right handed shots together. Theres a reason you never see Del Zotto with Staal or Redden.
I never thought of that.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

2 words.

compressed schedule. it takes its toll, especially on a 19 year old.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sam Rosen was on XM radio before the Rangers-Caps game with Phil Esposito. Rosen was asked about MDZ and he said the Rangers didn't plan on MDZ playing nearly 20 minutes a game but the coaches have lost faith in Redden which means someone needs to pick up those minutes. Redden is a 15 minute defenseman. Sammy doesn't make those comments on the MSG broadcast.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:53 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sam Rosen was on XM radio before the Rangers-Caps game with Phil Esposito. Rosen was asked about MDZ and he said the Rangers didn't plan on MDZ playing nearly 20 minutes a game but the coaches have lost faith in Redden which means someone needs to pick up those minutes. Redden is a 15 minute defenseman. Sammy doesn't make those comments on the MSG broadcast.
I wish he did.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote