HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Desharnais/Trotter/White called up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
  #101
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
there's a rumor floating that Hayley Wickenheiser will be called-up as she brings some much needed size
Don't play her against Toronto, Phaneuf has family business to settle

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
  #102
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,465
vCash: 50
RDS mentioned during yesterday's game that Gomez, Sergei, Pouliot and Gionta had minor injuries. Now with MAB down, we have 3 players regular top 12 foward injured, one hole is filled by Maxwell, the other 2 by Trotter and Desharnais and White is the extra in case the one with minor injuries can't go.

Chfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:59 PM
  #103
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
http://twitter.com/habsinsideout1

says here bergeron was put on IR so that these 3 call-ups were possible...

dont know if we are still over the limit for roster players with bergeron on IR

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
  #104
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Desharnais would be a lot nicer on the top-2 lines than Maxwell. Desharnais has vision of the game that most players would die to have.
Posted via Mobile Device
And DD would kill to have some size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
RDS mentioned during yesterday's game that Gomez, Sergei, Pouliot and Gionta had minor injuries. Now with MAB down, we have 3 players regular top 12 foward injured, one hole is filled by Maxwell, the other 2 by Trotter and Desharnais and White is the extra in case the one with minor injuries can't go.
F that, Ryan White and the physicality he brings is needed ahead of another 5'6 forward, or Trotter.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
  #105
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,096
vCash: 500
"Three Amigo's" coming to town.



Last edited by LastRide: 02-05-2010 at 09:27 PM.
LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:53 PM
  #106
marvelousmotion
Registered User
 
marvelousmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Good, now please tell me Maxwell is being sent down. The kid is not ready and I've always liked the way White plays a lot more than him. White is going to bring much needed energy and grit to the Habs' line-up.

One of David Desharnais or Brock Trotter will probably get a shot on the top 2 lines. Either way, it's good, they both have more offensive flair than Ben Maxwell. Hopefully, one of the two will get to play tomorrow, after seeing them racking up points in Hamilton, I'm curious to see how they will perform in the NHL.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM
  #107
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
http://twitter.com/habsinsideout1

says here bergeron was put on IR so that these 3 call-ups were possible...

dont know if we are still over the limit for roster players with bergeron on IR
Cammy has recently been added to IR as well. The didn't move him right away.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
  #108
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Good, now please tell me Maxwell is being sent down. The kid is not ready and I've always liked the way White plays a lot more than him. White is going to bring much needed energy and grit to the Habs' line-up.

One of David Desharnais or Brock Trotter will probably get a shot on the top 2 lines. Either way, it's good, they both have more offensive flair than Ben Maxwell. Hopefully, one of the two will get to play tomorrow, after seeing them racking up points in Hamilton, I'm curious to see how they will perform in the NHL.
Desharnais i hope gets some time on the TOP LINES, not down on line 4. This guy has put up a POINT PER GAME in every leauge he played in . Give him a chance at the NHL level(you gave Pyatt 19 games) give Dave the same chance,hopeful he gets a 5-10 games strip to see what he can do .

and again our boy Subban with a 3 pt game tonight , i mean this guy SHOULD be up here NOW .

Happy White is coming up there is another guy who will use his body out there.


Trotter, for a guy we pulled from college and to have him coming up this yr, good for him and hopefully good for us! he is ripping it in the AHL , lets hope these boys find luck at the NHL level .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:08 AM
  #109
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,912
vCash: 500
Why don't they just replace the CH on their jerseys by a red + while we're at it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:49 AM
  #110
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Cammy has recently been added to IR as well. The didn't move him right away.

Something still doesn't add up.

1 Halak
2 Price
3 Markov
4 O'Byrne
5 Spacek
6 Hamrlik
7 Gorges
8 Gill
9 Weber
10 Plekanec
11 S.Kostitsyn
12 Pouliot
13 Gomez
14 Gionta
15 Maxwell
16 Lapierre
17 Darche
18 D'Agostini
19 Metropolit
20 Moen
21 LARAQUE (Must remain on list since he has No Movement Clause)
22 Desharnais
23 Trotter
24 White

IR:
Mara
Bergeron
Cammalleri
A.Kostitsyn

Unless Someone was returned to Hamilton, such as Maxwell or Weber, and assuming no one else is injured enough to have been put on IR yet, then that is one active player too many.

CONCLUSION: One of the three guys we supposedly "brought up" was not OFFICIALLY brought up, OR someone was sent down and no announcement was made, just in case he is turned back around due to another injury.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:57 AM
  #111
cedouimet
Registered User
 
cedouimet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ville-Emard LaSalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Just so you know, we will win tonight!

I NEVER EVER dreamed about the habs....but i just woke up and i dream that TROTTER scored his first NHL / Game Winning GOAL!

VBook it!

cedouimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:13 AM
  #112
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 26,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Something still doesn't add up.

1 Halak
2 Price
3 Markov
4 O'Byrne
5 Spacek
6 Hamrlik
7 Gorges
8 Gill
9 Weber
10 Plekanec
11 S.Kostitsyn
12 Pouliot
13 Gomez
14 Gionta
15 Maxwell
16 Lapierre
17 Darche
18 D'Agostini
19 Metropolit
20 Moen
21 LARAQUE (Must remain on list since he has No Movement Clause)
22 Desharnais
23 Trotter
24 White

IR:
Mara
Bergeron
Cammalleri
A.Kostitsyn

Unless Someone was returned to Hamilton, such as Maxwell or Weber, and assuming no one else is injured enough to have been put on IR yet, then that is one active player too many.

CONCLUSION: One of the three guys we supposedly "brought up" was not OFFICIALLY brought up, OR someone was sent down and no announcement was made, just in case he is turned back around due to another injury.
They sent Weber down yesterday.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:04 AM
  #113
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
They sent Weber down yesterday.
That would make lots of sense, but I can't find any mention of this on RDS, HabsInsideOut or NHL.com.

Who published the news?

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM
  #114
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,643
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
Desharnais i hope gets some time on the TOP LINES, not down on line 4. This guy has put up a POINT PER GAME in every leauge he played in . Give him a chance at the NHL level(you gave Pyatt 19 games) give Dave the same chance,hopeful he gets a 5-10 games strip to see what he can do .

and again our boy Subban with a 3 pt game tonight , i mean this guy SHOULD be up here NOW .

Happy White is coming up there is another guy who will use his body out there.


Trotter, for a guy we pulled from college and to have him coming up this yr, good for him and hopefully good for us! he is ripping it in the AHL , lets hope these boys find luck at the NHL level .
Please explain why Subban should be rushed? It did not help Tenderness or MaxPac so let's give him a full season in the AHL.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:50 AM
  #115
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,096
vCash: 500
Seriously, can Hamilton ice a team?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:54 AM
  #116
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Please explain why Subban should be rushed? It did not help Tenderness or MaxPac so let's give him a full season in the AHL.
because Weber cant get it done .

listen i dont buy into "rushing" a guy after he played 4 years in jr and 51 games in AHL.You wont harm Subban 1 bit by calling him up fro a few games , if anything it will HELP him .


the guy has 37 POINTS in 51 games

he scored alot of those 5 ON 5 <<Habs lacking that.


No more Weber he dropped the ball 2 times .

It Subbans turn .Next time a dman gets called it best be Subban

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:58 AM
  #117
CGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 416
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That would make lots of sense, but I can't find any mention of this on RDS, HabsInsideOut or NHL.com.

Who published the news?
I saw it on the TSN ticker this morning, so I can confirm it happened.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:05 AM
  #118
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,849
vCash: 500
is a trade on the rise, if these guys called up,


pleks and sergi better play, we need these guys.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:58 AM
  #119
1970 Habs
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of 45
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Seriously, can Hamilton ice a team?
Well they beat a tough Rochester team last night 5-2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
Subban with a 3 pt game tonight , i mean this guy SHOULD be up here NOW .
It was only 2 points.

He is having a great season, no doubt about it.

1970 Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:58 AM
  #120
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 26,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
I saw it on the TSN ticker this morning, so I can confirm it happened.
Yeah, NHL Network is where I saw it. Same ticker I think.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
  #121
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Good, now please tell me Maxwell is being sent down. The kid is not ready and I've always liked the way White plays a lot more than him. White is going to bring much needed energy and grit to the Habs' line-up.
Maxwell is been given a chance for one huge reason : he can skate. His offense might not be evident right now, but he can skate with any line in this league.

You can't say the same about White.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:20 AM
  #122
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
I absolutely love Desharnais and hope he grabs this opportunity and makes the best of it.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:23 AM
  #123
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Seriously, can Hamilton ice a team?

"Can you skate while holding a hockey stick? I may have a job for you." – Julien Brisebois, Dogs' GM

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:30 AM
  #124
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That would make lots of sense, but I can't find any mention of this on RDS, HabsInsideOut or NHL.com.

Who published the news?
I know capgeek has it listed.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
  #125
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
because Weber cant get it done .n

Weber never got a real chance.

I like Gainey but he goofed in signing Mara and Spacek. Those posts should have gone to Weber and O'Byrne. They would have blossomed with ice time and left cap room, suddenly Gomez is no problem. Gainey showed a lack of faith and loyalty to his own guys.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.