HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 2/6/10 - 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Nick00

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
The odds of us having a top 5 pick are extremely slim. Having a top 5 pick in no way guarantees a changing of the tide for this organization either.
Yeah but squeaking into the playoffs and getting annihilated in the 1st round definitely guarantees change!

HAH

This argument has been beaten to death and there's nothing more for either side to say, so I'll just leave it at that.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
OverTheCap

Do people really think that cheering for Kovy is going to help us sign him? I think he realizes that any fanbase would be happy to have him.

The only Devil's name we should be chanting tonight is "Maaaaar-ty."

Old
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Nubbin

Is everyone looking forward to tonight's loss?

Old
02-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Looking forward to Prust/Fraser!

Old
02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

I'm looking forward to 2035 when the NYR may have a shot at a cup... I'll be watching from my hospital bed... broken hip ya know... celebrate the win with prune juice... maybe feel good enough to go out and yell at kids to "GET OFF MY LAWN"

Old
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Is this game being streamed anywhere?

Old
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
Yeah but squeaking into the playoffs and getting annihilated in the 1st round definitely guarantees change!

HAH

This argument has been beaten to death and there's nothing more for either side to say, so I'll just leave it at that.

When has that happened since the lockout?

I'm not disagreeing with your statement that it won't change things but the problem is people fail to understand that our problems run much bigger within this organization.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I'm looking forward to 2035 when the NYR may have a shot at a cup... I'll be watching from my hospital bed... broken hip ya know... celebrate the win with prune juice... maybe feel good enough to go out and yell at kids to "GET OFF MY LAWN"
We'll be drafting Hugh Jessimans son Hughsuk with the #3 in the draft that year.

And DiPietro will still be in goal for Kansas City.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

This team and the thought of them playing hockey depress me.

I haven't been this down on them (not even excited to watch a game) since pre-lockout.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:57 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post

This team and the thought of them playing hockey depress me.

I haven't been this down on them (not even excited to watch a game) since pre-lockout.
It's rough. I couldn't get up for the game on Thursday. Couldn't even cheer any time they scored. I knew they were going to lose.

Going to the game tonight and will be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Nick00

Quote:
When has that happened since the lockout?

I'm not disagreeing with your statement that it won't change things but the problem is people fail to understand that our problems run much bigger within this organization.
But this is the worst team since the lockout, and I think that although a top pick doesn't solve anything it's a great first step towards rebuilding this team into a cup contender.
Just my opinion on the matter.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:59 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
It's rough. I couldn't get up for the game on Thursday. Couldn't even cheer any time they scored. I knew they were going to lose.

Going to the game tonight and will be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
Debbie fans are coming in by the busloads.

So stay cool. At least through the first period.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
We'll be drafting Hugh Jessimans son Hughsuk with the #3 in the draft that year.

And DiPietro will still be in goal for Kansas City.
You can't have that little faith in our drafting, yet love guys like Staal, Del Zotto and Anisimov (assuming you value them).
Are you saying that we're better at drafting later?
Our drafting has definitely improved in recent years and we haven't had the opportunity to draft in the top 5.
I would take that chance at the expense of a season with no playoffs.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
But this is the worst team since the lockout, and I think that although a top pick doesn't solve anything it's a great first step towards rebuilding this team into a cup contender.
Just my opinion on the matter.
I agree this is probably the worst team since the lockout but if you've watched hockey long enough you know that it's all about getting hot and getting hot at the right time. Bad teams go on long winning streaks in this game that make you scratch your head.

I still think when this team plays the right way they have the ability to play with anybody. It's not the norm or expected but it does happen.

Quote:
Debbie fans are coming in by the busloads.

So stay cool. At least through the first period.
I'm going with my friend tonight who is a big Devils fan. I have an 11 game plan and since I got the tickets before the season I told him I'd take him to this game.

It's making me look forward to it even less because he is a huge dick. Hopefully someone around us kicks his ass so I don't have to.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
You can't have that little faith in our drafting, yet love guys like Staal, Del Zotto and Anisimov (assuming you value them).
Are you saying that we're better at drafting later?
Our drafting has definitely improved in recent years and we haven't had the opportunity to draft in the top 5.
I would take that chance at the expense of a season with no playoffs.
Wasn't criticizing the drafting high or low, recent years or not.

I was goofing on the 2003 #12 pick. Can't always be so serious Nick.

It ain't good for ya.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:13 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
I agree this is probably the worst team since the lockout but if you've watched hockey long enough you know that it's all about getting hot and getting hot at the right time. Bad teams go on long winning streaks in this game that make you scratch your head.

I still think when this team plays the right way they have the ability to play with anybody. It's not the norm or expected but it does happen.

I'm going with my friend tonight who is a big Devils fan. I have an 11 game plan and since I got the tickets before the season I told him I'd take him to this game.

It's making me look forward to it even less because he is a huge dick. Hopefully someone around us kicks his ass so I don't have to.
LOL..Wish I was there to help you out...

Sucks having good friends that are Debbie and Isles fans. I have a few and though I would go through a wall for them, when they put those loser jerseys on I just want to punch them in the jaw.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
you mean a 180 anyway

devils 5

rangers 0
nope meant 360 completely turn around and come full circle

Old
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Let's hope for a game as much intense as the last one. LGR.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:24 PM
ruckus*

Quote:

Sucks having good friends that are Debbie and Isles fans. I have a few and though I would go through a wall for them, when they put those loser jerseys on I just want to punch them in the jaw.

Yeah it's frustrating. I'm the type of person who never says anything ever. I don't talk crap because to me it's pointless. There's always going to be another game that might not go your way. Plus I don't talk trash because I have nothing to do with things.

One of the most annoying things I think is when someone is trying to be a dick and is like, "Oh what happened to the Rangers last night?" or something like that. And it's like dude, do I play for them? Do I coach them? Do I manage them? I have nothing to do with it so I can't tell you. Why are you trying to be a dick as if I should be taking this personally. I have nothing to do with it.

The other frustrating part with my friend I'm going with tonight is he's so spoiled with the Devils. He always messages me and stuff and lately he's been distraught about the Devils recent "slump".....I just send him back HAHAHAHAHAHA seriously man? Seriously?

Old
02-06-2010, 02:25 PM
nyr2417

Quote:

i got kicked out of the rock last year for getting into a fist fight with my best friend in our 8-5 loss ( the one we came back and tied at 5-5) when they put the opposite sweater on theyre fair game imo

Old
02-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Garfinkel1

Rangers win tonight while playing the most convincing game of the year. They are going to show us they are a real playoff team.... And then get blown out the next game. Shutout after that and then back to winning. Ultimately... They grab the 7th seed.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
In Prust We Trust*

Just wanted to say and good luck tonight

Old
02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Yeah it's frustrating. I'm the type of person who never says anything ever. I don't talk crap because to me it's pointless. There's always going to be another game that might not go your way. Plus I don't talk trash because I have nothing to do with things.

One of the most annoying things I think is when someone is trying to be a dick and is like, "Oh what happened to the Rangers last night?" or something like that. And it's like dude, do I play for them? Do I coach them? Do I manage them? I have nothing to do with it so I can't tell you. Why are you trying to be a dick as if I should be taking this personally. I have nothing to do with it.

The other frustrating part with my friend I'm going with tonight is he's so spoiled with the Devils. He always messages me and stuff and lately he's been distraught about the Devils recent "slump".....I just send him back HAHAHAHAHAHA seriously man? Seriously?
Well said. I never talk smack. I do tend to respond to dicky posters here too much though.

Makes you look like a tool as if your team is good because of your sorry ass. When i go to opposing arenas i wear my Ranger hat. Thats it.

Did wear a red Rangers jersey to Philly once, but was respectful and had no problems. Actually had a good time talking with some Flyer fans.

I have some Facebook friends who talk a lot of **** so I just deleted them...lol.

Must be a generational thing to act like a dooooosh and think its cool. I don't know.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
i got kicked out of the rock last year for getting into a fist fight with my best friend in our 8-5 loss ( the one we came back and tied at 5-5) when they put the opposite sweater on theyre fair game imo
That must have been tough game to be anywhere near a Debbie fan.

Old
02-06-2010, 02:40 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Well said. I never talk smack. I do tend to respond to dicky posters here too much though.

Makes you look like a tool as if your team is good because of your sorry ass. When i go to opposing arenas i wear my Ranger hat. Thats it.

Did wear a red Rangers jersey to Philly once, but was respectful and had no problems. Actually had a good time talking with some Flyer fans.

I have some Facebook friends who talk a lot of **** so I just deleted them...lol.

Must be a generational thing to act like a dooooosh and think its cool. I don't know.
Same here. I've been to Pittsburgh, Jersey, Buffalo, LI, never had any problems.

I think people forget that they have nothing to do with any of it.

All we do is root for our team.

I rip the Rangers more than any Devils fan I know. No one is more critical and cruel than I am.

But at the end of the day the only thing I do is cheer for the team. Other than that I'm irrelevant.

Closed Thread