HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Henrik?

Old
02-06-2010, 03:43 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
Trade Henrik?

I know every Rangers fan is a big supporter of Lundy's game and personality. The guy is a class act night in and night out and just gives 110% no matter who we are playing or whats on the line.

I also know that Tort's system is generated and designed to have odd-man rushes against all the time which leaves Lund' out on a limb by himself 4-5 times a night consistantly.

Now with that being said, I would like to trade Henrik for HIGH draft picks and a good young centerman.

Face it. This team is not built to win a Cup any time soon. They are floundering every year with 6-7-8 place and early exits from the Playoffs are an absolute norm' for them. Henrik shows that he is human with letting 5 goals in, 6 goals in, 4 goals in. And then he stands on his head and carries the team to unbelievable stops and sometimes just flat out wins the game for the Rangers without anyone else trying to win. Actually, this happens more times than not.

But Henrik's trade value is VERY high I believe. You could have a team with a Good goaltender win a Cup or two and not have the Very Best Goaltender. I say trade him while his value is at his highest and get a good return for him. Rebuild this club and lets start making some noise in this League.

I understand having the best goaltender is great. I understand there are some thick headed fans out there saying "no way. I would never trade my goaltender, your crazy" blah blah blah. But if you could build a young speedy team that has talent in not only ONE area you can build a winner.

Detroit has one with Osgood. Giguere has one a cup. Belfour has won a cup. You dont need the worlds best goaltender to win a cup. You need BALANCE. You need young balance that has a lot of talent.

I am tired of seeing no team structure and just sprinkle in some vets with a small amount of Hartford player here or there.

Also, think about Henrik's case. Is it FAIR to HIM that we leave him on a team that has no shot at a Cup in the forseeable future? If you think the Rangers are going to win a Cup anytime soon, then I am sorry, your delusional. We dont have the structure, the patience, the balance that it takes to win.

Wouldnt it be nice to see Henrik go to lets say a Chicago or a Detroit or an LA team ( I hate Chicago but they are good so I mentioned them ) and have the correct players infront of him that give him support and goal support so he can hoist the Cup? Maybe make the Hall Of Fame? He wont do that here because his numbers will always be inflated with our style of play and unbalanced structure. He should have a really nice wins/lose record with the way he plays but he will always be a .500 guy with us. His save percentage will always be escewed because we leave him high and dry with 3-2's ,3-1s, 2-1's and 1-0's. Its a shame.

You can flame me all you want. I am just tired of mediocricy and I would like my team to also do the right thing by a player who has done the right thing for us since the moment he laced them up

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Your tired of mediocricy but you want to trade our best player?

I would say if anyone on this team can go to bed at night not having to worry about any trade rumors it's Hank.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Nick00

A lot of people here (myself included) see him as an invaluable asset rather than just another player.
It could be another 50 years before this organization finds a goaltender of his caliber.

Everyone else is tradeable at the right price, but we need to hang on to Lundqvist for as long as possible.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

I'm not convinced. I think it's a lot more realistic to build a team around Henrik, than to trade him, and start from scratch. You think goaltending is really that easy to find? Ask the Flyers about that, who have built Stanley Cup Rosters that ultimately fell short because of their crappy netminders. Keep Henrik; Develop the kids; Don't overspend on crap like Redden and Drury. Or Brashear and Kotalik. Or Rissmiller and Voros.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:50 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Chad Johnson for the win!!

seriously though. Sather has gone on record saying "he would trade his mother if it meant making the team better"

so..... as little as the chances may be...

I better here some craaaaaazy offers for him though.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2417

please send a mod to the rescue to lock this

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crease

Regardless of how he is playing right now, he is a top 5 talent at goaltender in the NHL.

I wouldn't trade him unless another team vastly overpays, and I'm talking about for young NHL-proven talent, not for prospects and picks which won't all pan out.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

I think, the OP thinks, we can get a great amount of compensation for Henrik (which we would) which will make up for the various voids we have as a franchise. What the OP doesn't realize though, is the compensation isn't going to remedy the god-awful issues we have as a franchise. I don't care if you have Kovalchuk and Weber on this team; until mongoloids like Drury and Redden are off the books, and that money is invested in players that make a difference, we'll continue being medicore.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Crease

If we trade Lundqvist for anyone other than Luongo, Crosby, or Ovechkin, we're further away from a championship.

Old
UAGoalieGuy

So who play's net? The Ranger's have no one in the organization (In Hartford or in Juniors) that is capable of starting on a consistant basis or even has the potential to be a starter.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:56 PM
HAPPY HOUR

This can be fun:

Chicago? Ok I'll take Kane or Toews AND Keith or Seabrook.

Boston? k.. I'll take Tim Thomas, Milan Lucic and Torontos first pick.

Detroit : Datsyuk, Franzen and Howard.

Old
02-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
This can be fun:

LOL. This can be fun. I'm going to start a thread on the trade board asking everyone else for the value of Hank.

Old
02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
This can be fun:

lol, I was thinking from Chicago, they would have to trade Toews, Seabrook, Vertseeg, and Niemi. lol

Old
02-06-2010, 03:59 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
LOL. This can be fun. I'm going to start a thread on the trade board asking everyone else for the value of Hank.
Its gonna be a helluva lot less than what I want....lol.

Old
Loffen
Legend

Best thread evaaaaar.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Very un popular idea you have here....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
That should be interesting lol

Old
OverTheCap

How many times are one of these stupid threads going to pop up?

Didn't we just have a thread advocating trading Lundqvist a few weeks ago?

Enough already.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
This can be fun:

i wouldnt accept that from boston, thomas sucks, lucic is a 20 goal scorer and a draft pick is a draft pick even though itll be a top 3. henrik is our team

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Unless a team is stupid enough to come up with the overpayment that would be necessary to trade for Hank, which I assure you won't happen, he's not going anywhere.

Henrik's Value to the Rangers >>>>>> most trade packages that would be offered for him

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Celestial Black

To Chicago: Lundqvist
To New York: Versteeg, Barker, Huet, and a 1st

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
i wouldnt accept that from boston, thomas sucks, lucic is a 20 goal scorer and a draft pick is a draft pick even though itll be a top 3. henrik is our team
Thomas doesn't suck.

Lucic is a big tough winger who crashes the net, has excellant hands, crushes opposing D-man (when was the last time you saw a Ranger do that)?
and a top 3 pick.

Wouldn't you do it if it was for Hall or Seguin ?? I would think real hard before I said no.

Old
msv957

Quote:
Regardless of how he is playing right now, he is a top 5 talent at goaltender in the NHL.

I wouldn't trade him unless another team vastly overpays, and I'm talking about for young NHL-proven talent, not for prospects and picks which won't all pan out.
Lundqvist is great.. I consider him a top 10 in the NHL... Top 5.. well.. not sure about... Looking just at statistics this year.. Lundy would be top 15... but he has proven to great the past few years so this year is off..

He is what.. 27-28 years old? I really see no reason to trade Lundqvist unless a potential top 10 goalie comes back in the trade along with a young legit first/second line player also...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:06 PM
dethomas07

never going to happen... its not like this team is crumbling beyond repair.. we have really good young talent in the organization that would be essential for the future to be built around hank.. we just have redden/rossi/dury with very bad contracts that are killllllingggg ussss... and anyway hanks asking price would be redic.. teams would have to unload their top prospects along with roster players and a few first rounders... we all think ilya's price was high.. forget about hankss

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Unless a team is stupid enough to come up with the overpayment that would be necessary to trade for Hank, which I assure you won't happen, he's not going anywhere.

Henrik's Value to the Rangers >>>>>> most trade packages that would be offered for him
We know that Silver. but it is fun to speculate about what you would want. Just think about how different this team would look. And may be better.