HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Desharnais/Trotter/White called up

Old
02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-A.Kost
Moen-Metropolit-S.Kost
Darche-Lappierre-White

Awesome line-up!

Impressive!

Or, if Desharnais and Trotter keep playing hard (it's only one game but wow!):

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kost
Moen - (Desharnais/Trotter) - S. Kost
Darche - Lapierre - White (that line is a lock imo!)
Metropolit (a solid vet)

In the meantime... D'Agostini and Maxwell out + Desharnais and Trotter in... does everyone agree?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Its difficult to analyze because they played the mjority of the game against the pens 4th line but what impressed me was that they were doing all their plays at nhl speed. Again, it was the 4th line that they were up against so that might make it look a little better than it was but I really think they were moving the puck and making decisions quickly.... this is something that a lot of players have issues with when they get called to the nhl.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Two of the rookies on that line were not drafted by Timmins, or drafted at all rather.

Regardless, amazing games by these kids, towards the end of the game they were basically getting played as the second line. You know a line is playing good when they spend virtually no time in their own zone. Drew 4 penalities, created a plethora of chances, excellent game.
Timmins wanted the Habs to draft Trotter, pretty sure he had a hand in signing Desharnais too.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 05:36 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Timmins wanted the Habs to draft Trotter, pretty sure he had a hand in signing Desharnais too.
I agree, Timmins is all about prospects no matter how we get them. He is to find unsigned talent. If anyone gets invited to a camp its because of Timmins. Draft or no draft Timmins has an eye on prospects out there at any age.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Two of the rookies on that line were not drafted by Timmins, or drafted at all rather.

Regardless, amazing games by these kids, towards the end of the game they were basically getting played as the second line. You know a line is playing good when they spend virtually no time in their own zone. Drew 4 penalities, created a plethora of chances, excellent game.
One of the reasons why Trotter signed with us was because he said he was impressed that Timmins and his staff came to his home to interview him for the draft.

Desharnais I'm sure he had a hand in, I thought I heard that Carbo had a hand in it but i'm not 100% sure.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Impressive!

Or, if Desharnais and Trotter keep playing hard (it's only one game but wow!):

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kost
Moen - (Desharnais/Trotter) - S. Kost
Darche - Lapierre - White (that line is a lock imo!)
Metropolit (a solid vet)

In the meantime... D'Agostini and Maxwell out + Desharnais and Trotter in... does everyone agree?
As far as the bolded points go? Agreed. I still think you gotta have Metro and Lapierre anchoring those bottom lines at centre. A bottom six I might put out:

S.Kost - Metro - Darche (or swap wings, I don't care)
Moen - Lapierre - White/Trotter/Desharnais

I'm eager to see the 'Dogs of War 4th line play together again, though. They've caught one top team by surprise now; let's see if they can do it again.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Artyukhin*

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2010/...trategy_l.html

Quote:
28. Cincinnati Cyclones coach Chuck Weber referred to David Desharnais as the "best player in this city’s hockey history" when I spoke to him Sunday morning. Desharnais had 106 points in 68 games as the Cyclones won the Kelly Cup in 2008.

29. Both Kelly and Jacques Martin think Desharnais will make it in the NHL, because even though the player is just 5-foot-6, he "initiates contact instead of shying away from it," Kelly said. "He knows that when you’re that height, you have to prove you can play. If you’re 6-foot-2, you have to prove you can’t." The Canadiens coach compares him to Martin St. Louis, though I don’t think he’ll score as much.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2010/...trategy_l.html

28. Cincinnati Cyclones coach Chuck Weber referred to David Desharnais as the "best player in this city’s hockey history" when I spoke to him Sunday morning. Desharnais had 106 points in 68 games as the Cyclones won the Kelly Cup in 2008.
I think that Mark Messier, Mike Gartner, Mike Liut and Robbie Ftorek (among others) might dispute this assessment. Barry Melrose could not, however.

It's great to see Desharnais getting a shot. The power play goal assist he had (to Metropolit) was a pretty good indicator of his sound offensive instincts. I wish him success in his quest to stay in the NHL. He was an absolute joy to watch in the ECHL in 2007-08. Nice kid as well.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote