Notices

ESPN Hockey (NHL2k4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Mizral

vCash: 500
ESPN Hockey (NHL2k4)

Since there was a post about NHL 2004, I thought I'd post one about ESPN Hockey.

However, I have another motive to this post. I am in the process of trying to perfect my B's roster to my liking on ESPN Hockey. Here are my (half done, half not done) ratings for the B's team so far:

Thornton - 95 overall
Murray - 90
Samsonov - 88
Rolston - 86
Boynton - 84
Lapointe & Axelsson - 83
McGillis & Gill - 82
Zamuner & Knuble - 81
O'Donnell - 80
Moran, McCarthy, Girard & Jillson - 77
Huml, Hilbert & Grosek - 76
Stock - 75
Morisonn & Donato- 74
Vernasky, Samuelsson, Brennan & Herr - 72
Kutlak, Kultanen & Emmons -70

Potvin - 82
Shields - 78
Raycroft - 78
Thomas - 72

It's not done yet, but what changes would you guys recomment (other than Samsnov to 99

Would you say that some players on that list are ranked lower, but are better, than others? I get the feeling I will lower down Zamuner, McCarthy, Huml, and maybe Lapointe & Moran.

Also, I want to make a bunch of B's prospects tonight. Can any of you guys give me your thoughtson Toivonen, Eseev, and any other top prospects that were not listed in terms of how they should be rated?

(Keep in mind, while prospects have generally low ratings, there is a statistic in the game called 'Star Power' which is essentially 'potential'. A high potential player may have 85 star potential, whereas a low one would have around 60.)

Old
09-24-2003, 08:38 AM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Since there was a post about NHL 2004, I thought I'd post one about ESPN Hockey.

However, I have another motive to this post. I am in the process of trying to perfect my B's roster to my liking on ESPN Hockey. Here are my (half done, half not done) ratings for the B's team so far:

Thornton - 95 overall
Murray - 90
Samsonov - 88
Rolston - 86
Boynton - 84
Lapointe & Axelsson - 83
McGillis & Gill - 82
Zamuner & Knuble - 81
O'Donnell - 80
Moran, McCarthy, Girard & Jillson - 77
Huml, Hilbert & Grosek - 76
Stock - 75
Morisonn & Donato- 74
Vernasky, Samuelsson, Brennan & Herr - 72
Kutlak, Kultanen & Emmons -70

Potvin - 82
Shields - 78
Raycroft - 78
Thomas - 72

It's not done yet, but what changes would you guys recomment (other than Samsnov to 99

Would you say that some players on that list are ranked lower, but are better, than others? I get the feeling I will lower down Zamuner, McCarthy, Huml, and maybe Lapointe & Moran.

Also, I want to make a bunch of B's prospects tonight. Can any of you guys give me your thoughtson Toivonen, Eseev, and any other top prospects that were not listed in terms of how they should be rated?

(Keep in mind, while prospects have generally low ratings, there is a statistic in the game called 'Star Power' which is essentially 'potential'. A high potential player may have 85 star potential, whereas a low one would have around 60.)
I'd switch Knuble with Lapointe, the rest looks good to me...In NHL 2004 Tovi was rated a 74, and Lars a 68...

Old
09-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Jim Carey Price

Is this game available for PS2?

and Shields looks a tad high to me..I'd do 75 for him
and Brennan and Samuelsson I'd do around the level of Hilbert (maybe range 1-2 give or take) or at least the level of Donato/Morrisonn
I may drop Gill down 1-2 and McCarthy up 1 if you want to nitpick

Old
09-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Yes, it is available on PS2. I highly recommend it.

I've been playing EA games exclusively for the past few years, but decided to take a chance on this game and I think it was well worth it. It is good enough that I canceled my order of NHL 2004.

Closed Thread