HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Henrik?

Old
02-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
With the amount of youth coming up the pipe, we shouldn't be mediocre for long. We will have half a dozen to a dozen rookies in the next 3-4 years. Some will be role players (cheap ones who'll save us cap money), but at least some of them should be top-6/top-4.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Black View Post
To Chicago: Lundqvist
To New York: Versteeg, Barker, Huet, and a 1st

I know it would never happen but what about this

Huet + Versteeg + Beach + 1st in 2010 + 1st in 2011 + Leafs 3rd in 2011

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:25 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Wait...

Lundqvist, Dubi and 2nd.

The new Rozsival, Dubi and 2nd. That's right.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Wait...

Lundqvist, Dubi and 2nd.

The new Rozsival, Dubi and 2nd. That's right.

Except that would return something other than **** off the inside of an MSG toilet.

02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Except that would return something other than **** off the inside of an MSG toilet.
Haha. Fine, it's the new Ryder, Halak and 2nd

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Chimp

Why the hell does this thre... oh... I get it.

Chimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I know it would never happen but what about this

Huet + Versteeg + Beach + 1st in 2010 + 1st in 2011 + Leafs 3rd in 2011
Henrik on the Hawks would be ultimate drool.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:29 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Right now, no.

But that day will come. I guarantee it.

In 1986, Beezer was all-world, young, won the vezina and even got Hart votes. He was as close to off limits as anybody in franchise history. However, Richter unexpectedly came on the scene and immediately became a fan favorite, even after two bad playoff years in a row.

He basically made Beezer expendable, and in 1993 when they traded Beezer for Doug Lidster, it turned out to be the right move. Lidster was awesome in the Devils and canucks series in 1994 considering how little he played up to that point

So, hypothetically speaking, if CJ turns out to be a Mike Richter-type of franchise goalie, then you would have to trade one of them.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:49 AM
thewaitingisover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Black View Post
To Chicago: Lundqvist
To New York: Versteeg, Barker, Huet, and a 1st

so we get an average goalie in huet and about the 25-30th overall pick?

henrik's value to the rangers isn't just in his talent, it's in his presence there, period. he's the backbone of the team, besides gaborik he is the ONLY reason they're at .500. imagine this team with huet between the pipes? yikes.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.

Last edited by Kel Varnsen: 02-07-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

no....

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Amazing how this comes up every now and then, he's our best player, end of thread. Should the Colts trade Manning?

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
why don't you just do it now since we will apparently always be a mediocre franchise.
Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind. What keeps me around is the fact that parading the Cup around Newark just doesn't compare to the having it paraded down the Canyon of Heroes. There's nothing finer than having a champion in New York and I would hate to miss that. And I know as soon as I jump across the river this damn team would become the new gold standard of the NHL.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Levitate

Two things.

Giguere and Belfour were both top goalies in the league when they won their cups. Really bad examples to use of "average goaltenders"

The second thing, you're really unlikely to get adequate value in return for Lundqvist. As in, the return is unlikely to offset the loss of the teams best player. The goalie market is never all that great and the Rangers would just be weakening the team overall.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
jrd303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Right now, no.

But that day will come. I guarantee it.

In 1986, Beezer was all-world, young, won the vezina and even got Hart votes. He was as close to off limits as anybody in franchise history. However, Richter unexpectedly came on the scene and immediately became a fan favorite, even after two bad playoff years in a row.

He basically made Beezer expendable, ...
Weren't the Ranger's hands forced by the expansion draft?

jrd303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd303 View Post
Weren't the Ranger's hands forced by the expansion draft?
Yes. And the Rangers don't have a Richter waiting in the wings to push Lundqvist out (and Lundqvist is better than Beezer)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM
polako

Never. Henrik is the NYR.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
With the amount of youth coming up the pipe, we shouldn't be mediocre for long. We will have half a dozen to a dozen rookies in the next 3-4 years. Some will be role players (cheap ones who'll save us cap money), but at least some of them should be top-6/top-4.
This. The Ranger's, more then likely, will not be medicore for long. They have a lot of promising prospects that will help this team get to the next level. The kids just need to get some experience and not be rushed a long. Here is a list of top 6/bottom 6 (IMO of coarse) and NHL talent D-men prospects that are either in the system or rookies in the NHL:

Forward Top 6 Talent:

Grachev
Anisimov
Stepan
Kreider
Werek
Bourque

Forward Bottom 6 Talent:

Weise
Horak
Hagelin
Byers
Boyle
Dupont
Doyle

NHL Talent D-Men:

MDZ
Sangs
McD
Heikkanen
Sauer
Gilroy
Kundratek
Valentenko

Add that to the young Rangers core of Gaborik, Lundqvist, Staal, Dubinksy, and Callahan and you have the basis for a strong franchise for good amount of years. obviously not all of the above listed players will pan out, but the Rangers have enough depth that it should not be that big of a deal if a few don't make it.

Trading Lundqvist would throw this team's development for a loop and there is no one in the organization to fill that hole. Not to mention it takes too long for a team to develop an NHL calibre starting goalie, unless there is the rare goalie that is touted as a sure fire NHL starting goalie right out of the draft, but those goalies have growing pains as well (See DP, MA Fluery, etc). By the time the Rangers developed another starting goalie (and IF they are able to) Gabby will be going out of his prime and some of the Rangers current core will be getting older.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:02 AM
ohbaby

Off his game last nite, IMO his best ever in net, his trade value should be through the roof! But can you imagine watching a Rangers game without him? If I can watch just one more game like last nite.... Why would you want him to leave? Is there anything more exciting than that glove hand?

Didn't Chad Johnson look pretty good in net. Talk about trade value. I like him alot. Like his style of very little movement. Watch out Hank!

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
How many times are one of these stupid threads going to pop up?

Didn't we just have a thread advocating trading Lundqvist a few weeks ago?

Enough already.
As long as HF exists, threads like this will exist.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The guy IS OUR FRANCHISE GOALIE. DIAMOND NOW AFTER BEING A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:45 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

The thought of trading Henrik is sheer stupidity. If I can't convince you of that, perhaps you should look at the return that Florida got the last time a top 3 goaltender (Roberto Luongo) was traded. Or what the Canadiens got for Patrick Roy.

Quote:
When asked recently during a radio interview if the Roberto Luongo trade to Vancouver prior to the 2006-07 season was the worst in the history of the sport, Panthers coach and general manager Jacques Martin answered "True."

Maybe this is a stretch. After all, the Canadiens handed Colorado what amounted to three Stanley Cups when they traded goalie Patrick Roy to the Avalanche in December 1995.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ath/index.html

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:29 PM
DutchShamrock

So let's trade Henrik and use our 1st round pick to draft a goalie, cause that has worked so well in the past. Montoya and Blackburn. Price is a real gem for the Canadians. DiPietro wasn't living up to his first round status even before his injury. So we can wait for the 1 in 20 times a goalie pans out from the 1st round and hope we get a Fleury or Luongo. And we'll have 20 cracks at it with the cellar dwelling teams we put together after moving Lundqvist for picks.

I'd be for it if we could get something like Varlamov and Semin and a 1st from the Caps, with the knowledge that we could lock up Semin for a reasonable price. But the fact is I am out of my mind with that proposal because goalies get nothing in trades. Giguere, a Conn Smythe and Cup winning goalie, he got Blake and a horrible back up. Turco will fetch nothing at the deadline. Goalies are not tradeable commodities in this league.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:47 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
This. The Ranger's, more then likely, will not be medicore for long. They have a lot of promising prospects that will help this team get to the next level. The kids just need to get some experience and not be rushed a long. Here is a list of top 6/bottom 6 (IMO of coarse) and NHL talent D-men prospects that are either in the system or rookies in the NHL:

Forward Top 6 Talent:

Grachev
Anisimov
Stepan
Kreider
Werek
Bourque

Forward Bottom 6 Talent:

Weise
Horak
Hagelin
Byers
Boyle
Dupont
Doyle

NHL Talent D-Men:

MDZ
Sangs
McD
Heikkanen
Sauer
Gilroy
Kundratek
Valentenko
Besides MDZ, Gilroy and AA... the rest of the players are just prospects who are not in the NHL.... I am wiling to bet every NHL team thinks the same thing here with their prospects..

In reality.. It would be a success if maybe 20% of the prospects listed above become quality NHL players... Who know if their success will even be with the Rangers?? Just saying...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind. What keeps me around is the fact that parading the Cup around Newark just doesn't compare to the having it paraded down the Canyon of Heroes. There's nothing finer than having a champion in New York and I would hate to miss that. And I know as soon as I jump across the river this damn team would become the new gold standard of the NHL.
Just think, if you take the plunge and cross the River (Hudson that is for those non-natives), the next thing that will happen is Sather retires (but, not before he trades Lundqvist to the Devils), Dolan then sells the team and the Rangers promptly win Lord Stanley's Cup. My dog will fall in love with the cat she's been trying to kill and have his kittens. Pigs will fly in broad daylight and threat of global warming will evaporate.

Gotta do it for the good of all mankind! Pretty Please!

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote