HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#56: Flyers @ Wild - February 6, 2010 - 8:00 PM (ET)

Old
02-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

So, to recap.

This team absolutely craters mid-season, and then proceeds to play its way back into the playoff picture (with some absolutely stellar offensive displays), and now that we're seeing a bit of a lull, it's time to freak the F out. The western road trip is notorious for beating up on teams...so, that's reality check number one. Reality check number two is that this Edmonton trope has gotten out of control with a quickness. We controlled the majority of that game, hit two pipes, and had a completely empty net that Richards failed to cash in on. Tonight...again, we controlled play for the majority of the game, and it just didn't go in for us.

It happens. Teams go through funks.

The fact remains, that outside of that abomination that got Stevens fired, this team is 25-12-2. Now, maybe they're that 3-13-1 team...reality is that they're probably somewhere in the middle, but I think closer to the 25-12-2 team than the 3-13-1 team. Are we going to be favorites in the playoffs? Hell no. We've played our way into almost definitely (barring some bizarre collapse by the Pens/Sens) starting on the road, and statistics say you're not making the finals going on the road in rd. 1. But writing this season off, and the reference to the Edmonton game in particular need to slow down a bit.
I agree completely. It's hard to get an accurate idea of what this team really is, but it's not nearly as bad as some of these "sky is falling" posts make it out to be.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:02 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
I think people just need to chill.

When the team slumped before they lacked any sort of organization and desire to compete. This time it's different than that, they haven't converted on chances, and they've made dumb mistakes in their own zone magnified by the fact they didn't score goals. They're getting the shots, and getting the chances, not getting the goals.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Since when were the Flyers a boring hockey club to watch?

Oh, this season. That's right.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

When the team slumped before they lacked any sort of organization and desire to compete. This time it's different than that, they haven't converted on chances, and they've made dumb mistakes in their own zone magnified by the fact they didn't score goals. They're getting the shots, and getting the chances, not getting the goals.
I agree to an extent. We should probably at least wait until the Olympic break and see what happens.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:16 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

This break may be just what they need. It will give most of them time to relax and heal, especially heal. Ever take a week vacation and when you return to work you feel refreshed and happy? Same concept.
Posted via Mobile Device

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:20 AM
jb**

2 games in a row they come up small. Is anyone really surprised by this? 2 backup, backup goalies they cant even muster any goals. Almost every shot was directly shot into him. They didnt even really test him. No crashing the net. this team will not get dirty when they need to to score goals. Gagne is such a perimiter player he will not even remotely go into the middle to make a play. For well over a year now this team has played .500 hockey. That is what they are an avg team. Many including myself way overrated this team. This offseason they need a major shakeup as this supposed "core" just isnt good enough. Soemtimes you may trade away the better talent but in return make your team better. Anyone that thinks there are any untouchables on this team are insane. The only guys i wouldnt move unless it was such a good offer would be claude and jvr. Accepting mediocrity is unaccpetable. That is what this orginization has become. They need a culture change and the only way that is going to happen is if they miss the playoffs. They are 1st round fodder anyway in all likelyhood. Before all you flyers fans say chill it is only a couple of games, that is where your wrong. This type of play has been going on for a a long time. A chang eis needed on the ice and in management.

The fearless leader makes many bad decisions and bad passes it is unreal. Carter takes so many bad shots. Hartnell takes way too many dumb penalties. Hartnell needs to be benched for a game or 2. Where is the accountability the coach speaks of? Hartnell i swear is so dumb it is beyond belief. The coaches had to have spoken with him yet same old same old with him. Gagne has disappeared entirely. I dont care what gagne did last year. right now he is terrible and will not even try to do anything different to get himself going

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
kicksave27

Hartnell may be the worst passer I've ever seen. Maybe if his shot was as hard as his passes he'd score more. Even when he puts up good numbers, it's streaky at best, he'll have a handful of hatricks then nothing. They only thing he's consistent at is taking dumb penalties. The league leader in minors 2 years running now. He was supposed to be the future replacement for knuble, who wasn't a gifted puck handler by anymeans, and knubled a power play often. But old knuble pots more goals and takes less penalties than hartnell on a good day. The only tradable commodities on this team have nmc clauses. (hartnell, briere, gagne) So they are screwed for the next few years. They aren't getting kovy or an upper level goalie, they can't afford it. No help is coming.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Hartnell may be the worst passer I've ever seen. Maybe if his shot was as hard as his passes he'd score more. Even when he puts up good numbers, it's streaky at best, he'll have a handful of hatricks then nothing. They only thing he's consistent at is taking dumb penalties. The league leader in minors 2 years running now. He was supposed to be the future replacement for knuble, who wasn't a gifted puck handler by anymeans, and knubled a power play often. But old knuble pots more goals and takes less penalties than hartnell on a good day. The only tradable commodities on this team have nmc clauses. (hartnell, briere, gagne) So they are screwed for the next few years. They aren't getting kovy or an upper level goalie, they can't afford it. No help is coming.

Sorry.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:41 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
That game sucked. I my cable was out from the storm so I could only listen on the radio.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
That game sucked. I my cable was out from the storm so I could only listen on the radio.
Probably was better. Only your ears suffered, not your eyes.
Posted via Mobile Device

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
RoDu

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote