HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2010, 11:32 AM
  #26
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Anisimov will get 50-60 points next season (~ 25 goals)

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:34 AM
  #27
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amendandrevise View Post
His ceiling and potential is more than enough to merit the patience of this organization's fans. Kid is 21?... and barely into his pro career. I am confident he will be nothing short of excellent for this franchise if he is not given up on.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
  #28
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Players don't have to be overly physical to be successful. They have to be willing to take a hit though, and Artie does that. He works the boards and tries to use his body to shield the puck.

He needs to get stronger. As he gets stronger, he will gain confidence in playing the body. It's a process. Very few players are complete players at both ends of the ice in their rookie season, even if they displayed those qualities at lower levels. Each new level is an adjustment. The players are bigger, stronger and faster, and they think the game faster as well.

For players like Crosby, who already thought the game faster than most NHLs at the age of 18, the adjustment wasn't as big. But for most other players it takes time. Even Stamkos had some difficulties adjusting.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
  #29
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anisimov will get 50-60 points next season (~ 25 goals)
isnt that what we have been saying about dubinsky the last 3 years?

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
  #30
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
OP is complaining about AA's physical game. You guys are taking it elsewhere with the He has potential crap. OP addressed that already. This isn't a thread about his performance, or ceiling.

There are smaller 21 year olds in this league who respond better to physical play than A.A.

Look at how he responds when there's a scrum. I understand people are different, but you would think a hockey player with his frame would respond better to physical play.

Someone needs to put him in a cage, and poke him with sharp objects. Get him angry!!!!!!!!!!!


Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
  #31
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
isnt that what we have been saying about dubinsky the last 3 years?
Dubinsky is on pace for 45 points this year in 69 games. Over 82 games, that would be 53-54 points.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:41 PM
  #32
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
OP is complaining about AA's physical game. You guys are taking it elsewhere with the He has potential crap. OP addressed that already. This isn't a thread about his performance, or ceiling.

There are smaller 21 year olds in this league who respond better to physical play than A.A.

Look at how he responds when there's a scrum. I understand people are different, but you would think a hockey player with his frame would respond better to physical play.

Someone needs to put him in a cage, and poke him with sharp objects. Get him angry!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen him try to be physical though? It hasn't exactly worked out. When he hits players he bounces off of them, and when he is hit he often gets rocked. He's not just not strong enough at this point to be physical. I have a feeling he's smaller than 200 lbs. More like 190 probably

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
  #33
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anisimov will get 50-60 points next season (~ 25 goals)
I think thats pushing it. First he would need to be playing with better players then Avery and Lisin. If they put him on the 2nd line all season, with PP time, I could see him scoring 20G and having 45 points.

He will definitely have noticeable progress from this season though.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:45 PM
  #34
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I think thats pushing it. First he would need to be playing with better players then Avery and Lisin. If they put him on the 2nd line all season, with PP time, I could see him scoring 20G and having 45 points.

He will definitely have noticeable progress from this season though.
Oh, his playing time will definitely have to increase. No way get even gets 40 points playing the minutes he is now. If he plays 18+ minutes a night only then can I see him getting 50-60 points.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.