HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Hurricanes vs Islanders - Feb 6, 2010

Old
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 2498
Glad Peters finally got his chance and made the most of it. Hopefully he gets a few more chances and really with how he was tonight he's who I'd go with against Florida. I don't know why so many, not on this board but around HF and the web in general, were convinced that this kid is a bust. He was raw and he struggled early in his pro career, but he's slowly progressed to the point where this kid is a damn good AHL goalie and certainly deserving of a shot at a backup job. Either way, enjoy the ride kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post
Can't tell you how proud I am of Petey tonight, so happy for him! (could have done with him here, we managed to pull out a 7-6 OT win though)
Just noticed, Borer was a +4 tonight. Definitely not what you'd expect to see in a game like that. Has he looked that good since returning this season? Because the numbers he's put up have been outstanding so far.

Last edited by DaveG: 02-06-2010 at 09:21 PM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

vCash: 500
Congratulations to Justin Peters on the first of, hopefully, many victories in a Hurricanes' uniform. I also think a congratulations is in order for the entire roster as they played with the type of passion and intensity that has been largely absent in the last three games.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
i believe one day he'll be starter in this league. He's ready for backup next season.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It was one game and it was against the Islanders. I'd personally like to see more games from him before judging if he's ready to be the backup next year and I still don't personally think he's going to ever be a starter. What makes you think he will be? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
We might not be able to scout much else very well, but we seem to do a pretty good job with goalies.
We're really not. Take a look at our draft history with goalies and at our free agent goalie signings. Not so hot.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Denzil
NOLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Just noticed, Borer was a +4 tonight. Definitely not what you'd expect to see in a game like that. Has he looked that good since returning this season? Because the numbers he's put up have been outstanding so far.
Honestly, I haven't noticed him a whole lot - which is good because it must mean he's not making mistakes! Four helpers and a +7 in 7 games is a pretty darn good comeback though, hopefully he'll improve even further as game conditioning gets better.

Jacob Micflikier had a pair of goals and should have had a hat trick, but it was called back for offside (after there were hats on the ice already)

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
FinlandPanther

justin peters is awesome. crying during his interview. you can tell hes happy to be a cane. congrats on your win tonight boys. us panthers will continue to suck. have fun obliterating us on tuesday.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
knucklehead3k
Go Ontario Blizzards

to me, peters played with energy and determination.
it was great to see him do well and no matter how much we seem to try to tank, the kids aren't going to let us.
pretty cool to see.
guess it shows if you play with heart and spirit, you've got a chance.
i know it's one game, but i'd peg him as the backup now and if we could move legace for a pick, so be it.

knucklehead3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:37 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead3k View Post
i know it's one game, but i'd peg him as the backup now and if we could move legace for a pick, so be it.
I think that's what Rutherford has in mind. At the league-minimum, on a two-way deal, I would assume there would be a few teams out there interested in Legace. Nice of Cam to let Legace showcase himself ahead of the deadline.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:44 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It was one game and it was against the Islanders. I'd personally like to see more games from him before judging if he's ready to be the backup next year and I still don't personally think he's going to ever be a starter.
Though he was impressive overall, I tend to agree. That NYI team is anemic on offense and seemed out of sorts most of the night. Though Tripp glazed him with dripping praise, Peters gave up too many rebounds that a better team would have likely converted.

I'm happy for the guy, especially given his emotional interview and his family there, but a little perspective is in order in terms of his career potential. I see Peters' upside as an NHL backup in the right situation. Patrick DesRochers had a very similar Canes debut so you can never really tell.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Rosie
HFB Partner

The latest Rosie's Rebounds has Eric Staal as the Rebound Player of the Week, and the 'Canes as the rebound team of the week. Click on the link below to read about that and more over at Inside Hockey:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5857

Enjoy the Super Bowl Today,

Rosie

Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandKristian View Post
justin peters is awesome. crying during his interview. you can tell hes happy to be a cane. congrats on your win tonight boys. us panthers will continue to suck. have fun obliterating us on tuesday.
While I watched the game, I had people over and watching the game wasn't the primary reason so I wasn't able to see the interview. I DVR'd it, but for some reason the 2nd period and on was college basketball, even though I watched the game in it's entirety and at no point did it switch to college basketball.

Long point short: did anyone happen to record that video that could youtube it?

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote