HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Years Cap Situation

Old
02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
What if Stoa cracks the team and there's a healthy Hejduk and Jones? Alot of players, not sure if there will be room for one of these LWs. Which of Hejduk, Stewart, or Jones could play left wing? Maybe Duke?

Stastny, Duchene, Stewart, Wolski, Hejduk, Jones, Galiardi, O'Reilly, Yip, McLeod, Stoa, Hendricks? Durno? Mercier? A ton of forwards.
Of those, Stewart. Hejduk has been a right wing for a vast majority (if not all) of his career. I seem to recall Stewart floating around a bit last year, with not wholly unimpressive results.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisen73 View Post
The Avs could also, in theory, have Hensick back with the big club next season. I think the only reason we haven't seen him back up instead of Mercier is because on re-entry he would be snagged in a heartbeat.

The Avs will see a lot of payroll taken off the books for sure and will have a good chance to be players in the free agent and/or trade market.

One note on Foote: Its his call if he wants to retire but I think he has another year in the tank. A pay cut from his current salary but he's been a great leader. If he wants to play, sign him.
I think Hensick's time on the Avs is all but numbered. Unless he somehow impresses enough to get some top 9 playing time, I don't see how they can keep him on the team. He's useless on the 4th line and there's just too many players ahead of him on the depth charts right now for a top 9 role. Wolski, Stastny, Hejduk, Jones, Duchene, Galiardi, O'Reilly, Yip, and Stewart are all ahead of him. If Svatos ever gets going here down the stretch, he would be as well(assuming they resign him). Stoa and Hensick are basically on par with each other right now, and Stoa is capable ofplaying a lower line role where Hensick is not. Also, Stoa is not waiver eligible so that would put him ahead of Hensick as well. That's a lot to overcome and I just don't see him doing it.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
I dont hate having Tucker as much as everyone else I guess. He hasent been making too many mistakes, hes a vet, and hes good to have around the locker room.
Well he's a vet, and he's probably good with the kids in the locker room, but he doesn't do anything but make mistakes. He's soft, turns it over all the time, and can't skate at all. Did anyone see him in the second period vs. EDM last night when he tried to circle behind the net and ended up just walking on it? Really, the guy must be a stoner with that level of coordination. If we keep Tucks to mentor or young kids and keep a roof over Radars head that's fine, but please keep it under a million.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote