Notices

Thrashers Player Rumors + Offers

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
Thrashers Player Rumors + Offers

In this thread, I want to keep all talk of offers for Thrasher players, and Offers of your players. Rumors of players going places, Instead of

Bogosian, Enstrom, Kane, Peverely, Antropov, Little, Reasoner Are what i will consider : Non Tradeable Assests.

Afinigenov, White, Kozlov, Hainsey, Hedberg, Lehtonen, Pavelic, Kubina are all available by all accounts.

The most important being..Where does Afi go? What do we do with Kubina? Which goalies go and stay?

Old
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Max stays. Kubina goes. No goalies go.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Max stays. Kubina goes. No goalies go.
I think he meant for the thread to be a place where rumors that included Thrasher players or picks to be put.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
KevFist
is best pony

It's common knowledge Geno wants to go with Kovy, but do the Devs want him?

Old
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Ashe

I think we send him to Possibly Washington, or another influx of russian players. The guy had a break through year, Maybe calgary would offload someone here or two guys for him.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
It's common knowledge Geno wants to go with Kovy, but do the Devs want him?
I would assume not or Afini could have easily been had in the Kovy deal. TBH, I wouldn't trade for Max to bolster my roster either.

Old
02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Shameus

After reading Chucky and the Falconer's accounts of the Town Hall meeting, I am optimistic that we could keep Kubina. Max and Army both sound like they are on their way out of town.

I think that we should hold onto the Devils 1st rounder unless the player coming back is signed for longer than this season, or will be a RFA.

A player that I would love to go after might be a bit of a surprise considering the team he comes from, but Tomas Holmstrom. The Wings are usually in the playoffs and not sellers at the deadline, but IF this is a down year and they are sellers, I think Holmstrom would be a great addition.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I think Holmstrom is now injured.

Kari's a goner as is Max (KHL?). Kubina and I think Army stays too.
Kozlov will also be in the KHL next year.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
I think Holmstrom is now injured.

Kari's a goner as is Max (KHL?). Kubina and I think Army stays too.
Kozlov will also be in the KHL next year.
DW sounds a little shocked when his talk he had with army the other day, so that could be good or bad.

Max i doubt will stay regardless of how well he's done this year here.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
DW sounds a little shocked when his talk he had with army the other day, so that could be good or bad.

Max i doubt will stay regardless of how well he's done this year here.
Yup, Falconer kind of hinted that reading between the lines he got the impression that DW feels Army is going to walk. If that's the case, I really have no problem dealing Army now. I would say Max as well, but we'll need the scoring he brings.

My only concern is, if we keep Kubina, does that have a negative impact on Kulda's playing time for next season? I would only extend his contract for a year or two at most though.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Army and Max for Versteeg just makes too much sense, doesn't it?

Old
02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
My only concern is, if we keep Kubina, does that have a negative impact on Kulda's playing time for next season? I would only extend his contract for a year or two at most though.
C'mon Shameus. I'd hope we are finally past the point in this franchise where we make room for unproven kids. A lot of talent is a good thing. Make a guy like Kulda earn his ice time.

That said I think it's highly unlikely Kubina returns. Much like every other player that has the ability to escape Atlanta I see Pavel as being no different in taking advantage of the opportunity. He's still effective enough to choose where he wants to play

Old
02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
C'mon Shameus. I'd hope we are finally past the point in this franchise where we make room for unproven kids. A lot of talent is a good thing. Make a guy like Kulda earn his ice time.

That said I think it's highly unlikely Kubina returns. Much like every other player that has the ability to escape Atlanta I see Pavel as being no different in taking advantage of the opportunity. He's still effective enough to choose where he wants to play
Kulda leads the AHL in +/- and most of his team mates, if they are in the positive, are no where close to his numbers. I think reuniting him and Bogo for the next few years is a win-win for the team.

Old
02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Army and Max for Versteeg just makes too much sense, doesn't it?
Full steam ahead for Armstrong and our 3rd for Dustin Byfuglien from Chicago!

Versteeg is only 5'10 and 180 soaking wet. Byfuglien is 6'4" 260.

He's not trading Max and definitely not Kubina. Doubtful would he move Army unless the return was size up front.

Next year, Kulda takes Popovic's spot. Valabik is an unknown since more than likely he'll be having surgery for the ACL.

Next season:

Kubina - Hainsey
Enstrom - Oduya
Bogo - Kulda
Valabik in reserve.
Re-sign Popovic since he's JA's boy and cut Schubert loose if Boris is going to be out til Christmas.

Old
02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Sabreality

not trading Max? why so sure?

he's been a bargain this year, but isnt worth the raise he's going to command..thanks for the effort, but see ya..last thing i want is to get stuck with this guy at 3yrs/$9-12mil.

i'd love to re-sign Kubina if he's affordable, but for $5mil-ish...heck no.

Old
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Kulda leads the AHL in +/- and most of his team mates, if they are in the positive, are no where close to his numbers. I think reuniting him and Bogo for the next few years is a win-win for the team.

If AHL figures could be relied on for NHL production Stan Drulia and Jason Krog would be house hold names. I really hope Kulda is the real deal but I'm not creating a space for him unless he earns it in camp.

Old
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
not trading Max? why so sure?

he's been a bargain this year, but isnt worth the raise he's going to command..thanks for the effort, but see ya..last thing i want is to get stuck with this guy at 3yrs/$9-12mil.

i'd love to re-sign Kubina if he's affordable, but for $5mil-ish...heck no.
You don't think Max is worth 3.5 a year? With his production, i think that's about the perfect salary for him. I'd definitely re-sign him at that rate.

Old
02-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Toque-trick

[QUOTE=Sabreality;23729060

i'd love to re-sign Kubina if he's affordable, but for $5mil-ish...heck no.[/QUOTE]Compared to what we're paying Hainsey, $5m is a bargain.

Old
02-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
You don't think Max is worth 3.5 a year? With his production, i think that's about the perfect salary for him. I'd definitely re-sign him at that rate.
meh, i'm not the biggest Max fan..i think he hurts a team as much as he helps them...2yrs/$5m i could deal with, but anything more i'd rather use elsewhere/get younger.

Old
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I didn't say we'd be re-signing Max, but for the playoff run, he's better than anyone we could get. Throw the dice, let him finish the year and see what happens.

Old
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Shoot no. I think Max will fall off without Kovalchuck around. I'll be surprised if he makes it to 55pts over the next 20 games.

Old
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i dont think Max is going anywhere this year, but i doubt he is back next year.

Kubina we should keep if the price is right and army i dont really care at this point. sounds like Cormier will bring most of what Army does

Old
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

My trade deadline/offseason plan.

Trade:

Pavel Kubina - I think it would be best for Atlanta to cash in on his value and get another first round pick. Thrashers to call up Kulda to replace him/ Schubert off the IR (if fit).

Colby Armstrong - Been disappointing and makes too much for a third liner. Would accept a 2nd round pick or a younger cheaper 3rd liner in return.

Todd White - Trade to anyone whom has interest. Would accept a 3rd round pick or maybe as a throw-in for Lehtonen deal.

Kari Lehtonen - Trade to Dallas or St Louis given they are interested. Maybe Lehtonen + White + pick could land Ribeiro? Lehtonen + White + pick for Berglund?

Offseason:

Ilya Kovalchuk - Make the same $100m offer if he is still available.

Pavel Kubina - Re-sign $5mil per season for 2-3 years. Paul Martin and Dan Hamhuis could be a backup option if Thrashers overpay for their services.

Maxim Afinogenov - Re-sign for $2.5mil per season for 2-3 years. Vinny Proposal at same salary could be a good backup plan if Afinogenov choose not to re-sign.

Jim Slater/Christoph Schubert - Re-sign at their current salary.

Alexei Ponkirovsky - Sign $4mil per season for 4 years. May seem a bit of an over payment but Antropov worked well for Atlanta, Poni could do the same. Also I wouldn't mind to trade a 2nd round pick at the deadline (as it has been suggested here) to rent him for the rest of the season.

Antero Nittymaki - Sign $3mil per season for 4 years, release Hedberg (or make him goalie coach). Other UFA goalies to target include Rinne & Mason. Emrey and Turco could be a fallback if we are desparate.

Trade 1st Round Pick to Chicago for Versteeg & Ladd/Byfuglien - Here is where stock piling 1st round picks will be beneficiary for Atlanta. Chicago needs to shed salary and Atlanta can offer a 1st round pick to Chicago for 2 young roster players. I also have some interest in Barker if Kubina signs elsewhere.

Old
02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Trade Kubina for a 1st... we would then have 3.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Offseason:

Ilya Kovalchuk - Make the same $100m offer if he is still available.
I don't know if I'd like that. First, I don't think he's going to draw anything close to that, unless he's the Stanley Cup MVP or something. I think he'll end up showing exactly what kind of player he is and people won't write off his issues as just because he's with the Thrashers.

More and more I'm thinking I'd rather have two $5 million players whose goals/points add up to Kovalchuk's. Sure, it's not the same in many ways. But it's better in as many ways as it is worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Antero Nittymaki - Sign $3mil per season for 4 years, release Hedberg (or make him goalie coach). Other UFA goalies to target include Rinne & Mason. Emrey and Turco could be a fallback if we are desparate.
I like it... if you can't beat him, buy him.

Closed Thread