HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade girardi and sanguinetti??

Old
02-07-2010, 02:04 PM
nanook of new jersey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nanook of new jersey
Would you trade girardi and sanguinetti??

Girardi, although a very capable defenseman, seems like he can be replaced.

The organization is rich in defensive talent and there's been rumors that sanguinetti has been shopped.

would you trade them, and if so, what sort of return do you think the rangers could get? do you think they could get a first round pick by trading them both together? i'd imagine girardi could fetch something like a good prospect and a 2nd rounder from a team in need of a 2 way defenseman.

nanook of new jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook of new jersey View Post
Girardi, although a very capable defenseman, seems like he can be replaced.

The organization is rich in defensive talent and there's been rumors that sanguinetti has been shopped.

would you trade them, and if so, what sort of return do you think the rangers could get? do you think they could get a first round pick by trading them both together? i'd imagine girardi could fetch something like a good prospect and a 2nd rounder from a team in need of a 2 way defenseman.
It makes no sense to. If we're going to improve the offensive talent on the team, we need to shed Redden and Rozsival from the roster. Without cheap NHL ready guys like Girardi and Sangs, we're SOL.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Garfinkel1

Depends on the return...I want to see what Sangs can do in the NHL but if it's a quality trade (IE:Sangs for Muller) I can't turn it down.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
KRM

Yes.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Girardi? In a heartbeat.

Sanguinetti? Depends on what the Rangers are getting, but, my inclination is "no".

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would trade almost anyone if it makes our team better.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i would trade almost anyone if it makes our team better.
I have to agree with this. If we could get a heavy hitting Guy that eats up mins & isn't named Sheldon Souray that I would do it.

I don't wanna make a trade just to make a trade. I'm tired of these Lateral trades.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I have to agree with this. If we could get a heavy hitting Guy that eats up mins & isn't named Sheldon Souray that I would do it.

I don't wanna make a trade just to make a trade. I'm tired of these Lateral trades.
I agree with the first part, but I don't think we've been making lateral trades at all. The Gomez trade was shear brilliance. Following that we traded a career minor leaguer in Arnason (I think, can't even remember) for Nigel Williams, who actually has some potential. Even if it doesn't work out, it's a good trade for us.
Then, we trade away some of our crap in Kotalik and Higgins for a player that used to be a superstar but was struggling, and if nothing else, it gives us an out cap-wise this summer. I don't feel like we've been trading laterally at all, if anything I think our last 3 trades at least have been clear wins.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I agree with the first part, but I don't think we've been making lateral trades at all. The Gomez trade was shear brilliance. Following that we traded a career minor leaguer in Arnason (I think, can't even remember) for Nigel Williams, who actually has some potential. Even if it doesn't work out, it's a good trade for us.
Then, we trade away some of our crap in Kotalik and Higgins for a player that used to be a superstar but was struggling, and if nothing else, it gives us an out cap-wise this summer. I don't feel like we've been trading laterally at all, if anything I think our last 3 trades at least have been clear wins.
I wasn't referring so much to this years trades as I was the past 15 years. Sorry, I was having flashbacks.

Old
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Yeah lets trade Redden, Rozsival, Girardi, and Sangs and sign Kovalchuk.

Staal and Hank are so good they can keep the puck out all by themselves.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Depends on the return...I want to see what Sangs can do in the NHL but if it's a quality trade (IE:Sangs for Muller) I can't turn it down.
Can I ask why you considering that a quality trade?

Why do people go gaga over Mueller on this board? What has he done in the last two years to make you think he is anything more than Enver Lisin?

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Yeah lets trade Redden, Rozsival, Girardi, and Sangs and sign Kovalchuk.

Staal and Hank are so good they can keep the puck out all by themselves.
I like about 80% of that haha. Kinda on the fence with Girardi but I think he can be replaced, but I'd like to hold onto Sangs. As for trading Redden and Rozy, all for it. And signing Kovalchuk..obviously.

Although, I think you're being sarcastic, but hey, works for me!

Old
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Some of you guys crack me the hell up. Right after we drafted Bobby everyone was all excited about him and wouldn't trade him for anything.

Now...just because he is 21 and hasn't turned into Mike Green yet half of you want to trade him.

Talk about ridiculous expectations...

Why don't we trade Grachev, Stepan, Kreider and Werek too because they didn't come in right after their draft year and notch 100 points...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I like about 80% of that haha. Kinda on the fence with Girardi but I think he can be replaced, but I'd like to hold onto Sangs. As for trading Redden and Rozy, all for it. And signing Kovalchuk..obviously.

Although, I think you're being sarcastic, but hey, works for me!
I'm not being sarcastic, I would prefer to build a solid blueline in front of our franchise player. We already have a superstar in Gaborik who's contract is going to look like a bargain to whatever Kovalchuk will get which is why I don't understand the thinking of giving this floater Kovalchuk the max he will want.

Girardi who is replaceable did a great job on the 11 million dollar man lastnight didn't he?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:31 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:

Old
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM
darko

In a right deal pretty much everyone is available. I would definitely trade Girardi and Sangs if it meant we improve.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:

Old
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
FOXHOUND*

In a heartbeat to both of them, And I fully expect Girardi to be traded at the draft

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Girardi, for the right price, yes.

I'm not willing to trade Sangs YET. I want to give him more time. He's 21, and playing one of the positions that take such a long time to develop. We shouldn't lose hope yet.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Girardi yes, becuase he is going to be asking for a nice pay raise which quite frankly, until I see what happens with Kovalchuk, I am not prepared to offer him.

Sanguinetti I truely depends what we get back. F Muller he is going to come here and be another waste of space. If we could package Sangs with someone to get a good foward (perferably center) than I would probably do it becuase we have other good d prospects. At this stage unless I get a good offer I'd want to keep Sangs I think he will be a pretty darn good player.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Zil

Trading Sangs now before he has had a real shot at the NHL would be beyond stupid unless someone makes a ridiculous offer for him. I would trade Girardi if a good enough offer came along, but I wouldn't be actively shopping him.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Chris02NYR

id trade either if it meant getting rid of rozsival or redden in the deal too

Chris02NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I strongly dislike the constant suggestions of trading Sanguinetti.

He's 21 years old.

He's been an all-star in the AHL twice already.

I didn't realize that a defenseman could be considered a bust at 21 years old.

Not every player becomes an NHL regular at 19 years old.

Next year, or after this year's trade deadline, Sanguinetti will be a regular in the NHL.

I mean, you realize he is only a year older then McDonagh, and he's already been an all-star at the pro level TWICE.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:17 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

Is this another anti-Girardi thread? Just because the name on the back of his jersey doesn't read "Staal", everyone is quick to dismiss his game. Pathetic.

EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
The Thomas J.*

Looking at the Depth we have on D now makes Sans a little expandable, It's not that anyone here dislikes his play, he has been past on the depth Chart bt DZ & Gilroy.

Girardi is a tough one, he has a ton of NHL experiance He is gonna be looking for a nice pay day. I agree with the poster before me that I'm not signing any of the RFA's until I see what happens with Kovy.

I think the wild card here is Gilroy, he could be traded. He has vaule & is making a decent amount of money.