HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 2/6/10 - 7:00 PM - MSG 2 ‎

Old
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I dont think I would be overreaching here to say that Rozsival had a great game last night. He had about 10 really solid plays.
Nope. Not at all. He was the best of the group last night by far. I'm one of his biggest critics but I have to admit he impressed me last night. Then again, Henrik made all of them look good last night.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:29 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Does anyone have the MSG+ highlights of the game? I want to see what Chico Resch had to say on the replays of the Ranger goals.

Old
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
That by far,... had to be the best game Hank has ever played! Nothing like #30 starring at you at the other end to get you fired up. What an Amazing performance!

He has never had a better glove hand in his life! He stole that win last nite.

Credit Avery for sealing the win, eliminating any last min heroics by Kovy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Hank had one of the best goaltended games I ever saw last night, if MDZ does give the puck away he would have had the SO he deserved. But MDZ made up for it earlier in the game when he knocked Kovalchuk on his rear end behind the Rangers net. Gilroy played well last night, getting into the offensive flow more, and he made a great pass to Drury for his goal.
Henrik was spectacular, but I still think his greatest game ever played was against the Stars a few years back.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I dont think I would be overreaching here to say that Rozsival had a great game last night. He had about 10 really solid plays.
Rozsival has been playing absolutely dominating defensive hockey for the past 10 games or so. He's been really really strong, so much so that I'm not sure I want to trade him if he keeps this up...

Old
02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rozsival has been playing absolutely dominating defensive hockey for the past 10 games or so. He's been really really strong, so much so that I'm not sure I want to trade him if he keeps this up...
Too bad the rest of the team can't hop on his boat. We have been TERRRRRRRIIIBBBLE defensively the past 5-10 games.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Does anyone have the MSG+ highlights of the game? I want to see what Chico Resch had to say on the replays of the Ranger goals.
They are on nhl.com I guess, but I cant watch them whole, because it freezes half way through.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
I was 10 rows up from the incident and saw everything. Avery clearly was the instigator here

thanks for clarifying that for me since being only 10 rows up you must have seen Avery spear Kovalchuk and throw punches first. I guess that was missed on the three replays that I saw. All Avery did was talk, although that got him a six game suspension once and obviously these refs don't know what an instigator is after watching Peters square off while Prust still had his stick in his hand.

Most players, except obviously for the stars in the league, would get at least an additional 10 for continuing to punch the guy when he is on the ice AND punching a linesman in the process.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
ColonialsHockey10

These games are simply awesome for players like MDZ and Gilroy. Playing against Parise and Kovalchuk and holding their own gives them valuable confidence. Even in games when the Rangers are getting destroyed it's awesome to see them both playing PK and logging big minutes.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Cermi

DZ played PK? I didnt even notice which means that he must have been good. But the best moment was him nailing doen Kovalchuk...

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Garfinkel1

...So....... this is what chemistry looks like.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
94now

Henrik, Henrik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Heeen-Riiiik , heeeeeeen-riiiiik

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Henrik, Henrik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Heeen-Riiiik , heeeeeeen-riiiiik
Weren't you the one that made a thread a couple weeks back suggesting we trade Lundqvist because Johnson would replace him?

Glad you came around but just sayin

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

This game was perfect in so many ways. I agree, Rozsival has been pretty lights out as of late. Keep it up buddy and you won't be hated. Now if Redden could take that sort of cue...

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Zil

Quote:
Here's the thing though. The guy has always clearly been capable of playing really well when he's on his game (i.e. the Buffalo series), but he never maintains it for any long stretch of time. If he plays well enough for them to trade him and maybe even get something of value back for him then great, but I don't see any excuse for not getting rid of his contract if it's at all possible to do so. Besides, if they move him they actually would have the cap space to nab Kovalchuk.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Here's the thing though. The guy has always clearly been capable of playing really well when he's on his game (i.e. the Buffalo series), but he never maintains it for any long stretch of time. If he plays well enough for them to trade him and maybe even get something of value back for him then great, but I don't see any excuse for not getting rid of his contract if it's at all possible to do so. Besides, if they move him they actually would have the cap space to nab Kovalchuk.
well, if you can actually get somethign of value back, then sure...im saying i dont want to dump him right now...Redden on the other hand...

Old
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Would Kovalchuk even sign for a team that has Sean Avery on it?

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Sockosensei

Quote:
I'm surprised to hear that coming from you, Inferno.
IMO this is EXACTLY when you trade him -- when he's recovered some of the credibility that landed him that contract, and right as teams are rearming for the playoff run.

His upside has always been quite high, the problem remains consistency. Don't let a 10-game stretch make you forget about the other 70.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
Would Kovalchuk even sign for a team that has Sean Avery on it?
Yes, of course.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
BobSantos

Henrick mentioned that he had a conversation with Benny Allaire the day before the game. Thought that was interesting since he played a little bit further out in the crease and had such a dominating performance.

Hank needs space and confidence that he can play at the top of the crease where he can really dominate. Hope he keeps it up.

Should also mention that if this is true (that a conversation with the goalie coach helped him) it shows that the efforts of the coaching staff do have a positive effect from time to time.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:39 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Weren't you the one that made a thread a couple weeks back suggesting we trade Lundqvist because Johnson would replace him?

Glad you came around but just sayin
You're mistaken like most other.
My thread was saying Lundqvist Sux Way Too Often. I never wanted to rid of the guy. The fact he played lights out against NJ still doesn't answer inconsistency question that undermines his elite goalie status.
I am still sure that CJ has something to do with Hank coming out of slump (Olympics is another factor).

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I am still sure that CJ has something to do with Hank coming out of slump (Olympics is another factor).
I'm sure it does because he lost the 2 games right after CJ's 2 starts.

Why do you keep insisting on something as ridiculous as the backup goaltender having a material effect on the starting one?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Come on guys Hank is so overated and he is a prima donna, he is not even a top 15 goalie...his glove hand has to be the worst glove hand of all time for goaltenders, He is not a team player he just leaves the bench all the time after he gets pulled and goes into the locker room and goes on facebook with his cell and writes blogs about how he doesnt like torts

Last edited by BrianLeetch2: 02-08-2010 at 03:16 PM.
BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
Come on guys Hank is so overated and he is a prima donna, he is not even a top 15 goalie...his glove hand has to be the worst glove hand of all time for goaltenders, He is not a team player he just leaves the bench all the time after he gets pulled and goes into the locker room and goes on facebook with his cell and writes blogs about how he doesnt like torts
His glove sucks!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
His glove sucks!
Actually its totally coachable. If he plays farther away from the goal line he cuts down angles.

If he has confidence in the D he can do this.

Wait, was that sarcasm?

Last edited by BobSantos: 02-08-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Yes. It was sarcasm. Should have quoted the other guy. Actually that was sarcasm, too.
BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Unpredictable1

You know, they were saying something about how Henrik has adjusted his equipment and mentioned the glove. I thought they said along the lines that he can now close it as opposed to being a firm open face blocking device.

This game was the first same I watched that saw him snag pucks like that. Several times during the game as well. Usually he has to cradle the puck like a lacrosse stick.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote