HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida wants a Tough vet who fights

Old
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
For the record, I would rather have Orr than that bum**** loser Lisin.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
For the record, I would rather have Orr than that bum**** loser Lisin.
But Lisin has speed! Don't you know? That's what wins now!

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if i had my way, we wouldnt have prust, orr or brashear.

id rather have Chris Neil on this team.

Fighting is overrated. Hitting is not.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Even at his cap hit?

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I mean really. Do people on here actually cry themselves to sleep without Orr? God Damnit.
It is guys like you who give me nightmares.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Even at his cap hit?
Yes.

Physicality would no longer be an issue for this team. His cap hit is 2 million dollars, take away Brashear and Prust, and you have Chris Neil on your roster for the same amount of money.

No offense to Prust, but Neil is just a frikkin monster. He makes game changing hits, can actually play hockey, and is built like a frikkin tank.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Crap I totallyu forgot about Cally.

I haven't slept in like 3 days lol.

Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Horton-Jokinen-Callahan
Drury-Anisimov-Christensen
Avery-Boyle-Prust/McIntyre

If it took any of our top prospects to get Horton I wouldn't do it.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Yes.

Physicality would no longer be an issue for this team. His cap hit is 2 million dollars, take away Brashear and Prust, and you have Chris Neil on your roster for the same amount of money.

No offense to Prust, but Neil is just a frikkin monster. He makes game changing hits, can actually play hockey, and is built like a frikkin tank.
This is absolutely correct but a lot of the people on here wanted to stupidly lump Neil in with other goons. They don't get the fact that hits are extremely important and that Neil can actually play the game as well.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:

And that is why u are a Fantasy hockey GM and not a real one. Fighting and intimidation are still a big part of the game .

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
And that is why u are a Fantasy hockey GM and not a real one. Fighting and intimidation are still a big part of the game .
Yes they are, just not from guys who are paid to solely do so.

The days of the designated enforcer are coming to an end...

Old
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Yes.

Chris neil is a pest that fights guys he can beat and hugs and holds on for dear life vs a Heavyweight he also causes his teammates to take hits and fight because he starts a lot of crap on the ice. Neil plus a heavyweight is the right way to use neil. He also didn't want to be a Ranger so F Neil

Old
02-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
oh yes, big part of the game, it's why the 3 best teams in the league, Washington, San Jose, and Chicago are ranked 4th, 21st, and 7th in the league in terms of FEWEST fights.

While the 5 teams with the most majors, Calgary, Anaheim, Philly, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis are currently ranked 7th, 12th, 8th, 7th, and 13th in the standings, with a very real chance that NONE of them make the playoffs.

Fighting has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Dagoon44

If you only had a clue. The Super Goon is for sure losing it's effect but the Matt Carkner , Colt Orr, Eric Godard Derrick Boogard are going now where. These guys are sought after and needed. Just because your coach ran a top 5 fighter out of ny is a joke. The NHL allows fighting and with a protector stars Like gabborik get beat up by little punks like Carcillio.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:57 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
If you only had a clue. The Super Goon is for sure losing it's effect but the Matt Carkner , Colt Orr, Eric Godard Derrick Boogard are going now where. These guys are sought after and needed. Just because your coach ran a top 5 fighter out of ny is a joke. The NHL allows fighting and with a protector stars Like gabborik get beat up by little punks like Carcillio.
If Colton Orr, Eric Godard, and Derrick Boogard are not "super goons" then I don't know what they are, because they sure as hell aren't hockey players. A goon doesn't stop Gaborik from getting beat up by Carcillo, just like Andrew Peters didn't stop Avery from getting under Kovalchuk's skin last night.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
right, and show me where this bears out in championships, standings, winning percentage or anything besides your head since the lockout?

Stanley Cup Finals since the lockout, the number in parenthesis is where they ranked in terms of fighting majors, IE, higher = more fights, lower = fewer fights...
Carolina (3) VS Edmonton (13)
Anaheim (30) VS Ottawa (12)
Detroit (1) VS Pittsburgh (21)
Pittsburgh (8) VS Detroit (1)

Only once in the past 4 years has a team in the top 5 in fighting been in the finals...the average rank in terms of fewest fights over the past 4 years? 11, basically the bottom 3rd.

Why? because goons dont get you goals, and it takes goals to win hockey games. Intimidation means absolutely nothing with the instigator rule in effect. An effective power play is far more important, as is hitting. Legal, physicality is a billion times more important than fighting. Fighting is almost entirely useless in this day and age, and is basically a staged event that allows 1 guy from each team to earn his paycheck by doing absolutely nothing to the flow of the game on most nights.

A middleweight who can hit and play is a billion times more important than a heavyweight who can knock your teeth out.

Old
02-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
If Colton Orr, Eric Godard, and Derrick Boogard are not "super goons" then I don't know what they are, because they sure as hell aren't hockey players. A goon doesn't stop Gaborik from getting beat up by Carcillo, just like Andrew Peters didn't stop Avery from getting under Kovalchuk's skin last night.
Orr is a serviceable 4th line player he and Betts were used vs Crosby and did their job rather well Boogard hits like a truck and when used right doesn't need to fight to intimidate. You guys are anti fighting and will never see a different point of view so not sure why try

Old
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Orr is a serviceable 4th line player he and Betts were used vs Crosby and did their job rather well Boogard hits like a truck and when used right doesn't need to fight to intimidate. You guys are anti fighting and will never see a different point of view so not sure why try
I'm not anti fighting at all. It's just obvious the the designated fighter is on his way out. If fighting was disallowed Chris Neil and Dan Carcillo would still be in the NHL. Boogard and Orr wouldn't.

Inferno just showed you that fighting has very little correlation to winning. You don't need a goon to win. You haven't shown a single thread of evidence that proves otherwise.

Old
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Dagoon44

Detroit won without a goon yes but there talent level was insane. Pitt has Godard and Rupp The Ducks won the cup with May and Parros. The Devils had the Crash line Teams need tough guys in the regular season and true the playoffs now a days you don't see the fights you used to.

The oilers were middle of the pack as were the Sens. The Pens were in the upper level being 21st so those numbers are of a little. The Ducks won and were a very tough team

Old
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I'm not anti-fighting at all.

I'm pro-winning, which, this day and age, forces me to be anti-fighting.

Old
02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Detroit won without a goon yes but there talent level was insane. Pitt has Godard and Rupp The Ducks won the cup with May and Parros. The Devils had the Crash line Teams need tough guys in the regular season and true the playoffs now a days you don't see the fights you used to.

The oilers were middle of the pack as were the Sens. The Pens were in the upper level being 21st so those numbers are of a little. The Ducks won and were a very tough team
you cant afford to waste roster spots on fighters. Middleweights, like Prust I suppose, are worth it, as long as they can play the game, Prust seems like hes not a waste of space, which is good, but for him to take the next step, he needs to be an active hitter.

Hitting>Fighting

Goal Scoring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hitting>Fighting

Old
02-07-2010, 07:01 PM
blue2noise

Why on earth would they want the shadowboxing bum?
I want a tough vet who fights too.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Brash for MacIntyre, just so we can bury him in the minors.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
How are some of the guys you just listed anything more than a "super goon"?

Colton Orr brings absolutely nothing to the table other than fighting. And what's worse is that if someone goes after our star, it was never an eye for an eye, it was like an eye for a finger, because he'd just go out and find the other teams enforcer and couldn't do anything to the other teams star. I think over his tenure here, there's about 2 or 3 games total he actually did that...the game he was all over Crosby, and the time he crosschecked Ovechkin.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:49 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Orr is a serviceable 4th line player
If Orr can't fight he's lucky to be in the AHL.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Brash for a pint of Tropicana Orange Juice extra pulp
Hmmmm i'm a some Pulp type of guy & I hear so is the GM of the Panthers.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote