HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

lol didn't watch the game

Old
02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
anybody watching the curling? that pei girl is hot
Wow I know, I hate curling but i'm watching it just because of her.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Markov4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think even if Price won today, it would be Halak against washingston, cuz he is now playing the #1 role, not win and you're in.

also next week, if we can beat Philly in regulation twice, it will help our cause more than just 2 wins out of three games. Then again, that's the only way to get two wins.
I think Halak has assumed the #1 role, for everyone except JM. I don't JM cares about the fan and media pressure and is willing to send Price out against the Caps. Price needs to learn how to become a clutch goaltender, and if he wins against the Caps, i think people will continue to have faith in him. The Capitals are on an unbelievable run, and for that game i don't think we need to worry about our offense since they're deffence isnt one of their assets. What we need to worry about is our D since their Offense is absolutely spectacular.

I think we have a chance against the Caps, but we need a 60min effort from the WHOLE team. I don't understand people who are already ready to throw in the towel on the CP issue. I mean, at 22 years old, we already have given up. As fans, we need PATIENCE. And, personally i think trading Price would be a HUGE mistake.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Rask made all the saves while Halak didnt

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
eightyseven

The double standard drives me nuts. If Price had let in those 3 goals today, we'd never hear the end of it. People expect more from Price because his skill set/potential is higher but he's 22 for god's sake in the biggest hockey market in the world!!!!!

Price's last outing vs Tampa was also a 3-0 shutout and yet in the newspaper (Montreal Gazette), Price was getting blamed for not stealing the game. He couldn't be faulted for those 3 goals, 2 turn-overs and a 1 PP one-timer. And he didn't get to start after that game.....and now he will be rusty and Martin will throw him to the wolves by playing him against Washington.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Wow I know, I hate curling but i'm watching it just because of her.
+ you know you're getting a clean house if you hook up with one of those brusher girls.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Bad luck happen dispite rask terrefic performance he didnt face deflections like halak did, 2 of the 3 goals were instopable ( 3th and 1st one were he was completely screened by 2 habs and a bruin.. Cant blame halak with price every game there is goals scored because price slided out of position big time... Halak my give rebounds but remains stable on his positionning and gets up very very quickly another strenght is his glove is always in position.. Really cant blame him...

All this to say go with the guys that makes you win seriously price needed more seasoning he doesnt have the pro mentallity just yet... And it makes him a less effective goalie. Yes he gets hot and do miracles saves but has often sucks big time..

Right now price as more probability to screw a game than steal it but we all knoe the enormous potential.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
I think Halak has assumed the #1 role, for everyone except JM. I don't JM cares about the fan and media pressure and is willing to send Price out against the Caps. Price needs to learn how to become a clutch goaltender, and if he wins against the Caps, i think people will continue to have faith in him. The Capitals are on an unbelievable run, and for that game i don't think we need to worry about our offense since they're deffence isnt one of their assets. What we need to worry about is our D since their Offense is absolutely spectacular.

I think we have a chance against the Caps, but we need a 60min effort from the WHOLE team. I don't understand people who are already ready to throw in the towel on the CP issue. I mean, at 22 years old, we already have given up. As fans, we need PATIENCE. And, personally i think trading Price would be a HUGE mistake.
Price can play the game of his life, but if the rest of the team does jack all (as they often do when he plays), won't matter. I just do not see us winning that game with our current lineup. In fact I'm expecting a humiliating blowout (even at Halak's hands).

Can't wait for the Olympics when we get to cheer for a stacked lineup and then wait for the Brodeur/Luongo debate to start after we lose to Norway 6-1.

remember salt lake when Cujo was our starter. LOL. got lit up against sweeden, brodeur steered the ship from there. Also, anyone catch the Gretzky clip they re-aired on CBC during the Laffs-Sens game last night. Inspiring stuff.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Darth Joker

This sort of lost I can live it.

It's frustrating, of course, but as long as the team puts in a real honest effort, I'm not going to get that upset.

I'd much rather lose like this than lose due to being brutally outplayed and relying too much on our goalie.

Besides... the Bruins were due a win, and we were due a taste of our own medicine...

Let's just go out there, keep playing like this, and hope the next goalie we run into isn't quite as good as Rask was today.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Maxpac

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
The double standard drives me nuts. If Price had let in those 3 goals today, we'd never hear the end of it. People expect more from Price because his skill set/potential is higher but he's 22 for god's sake in the biggest hockey market in the world!!!!!

Price's last outing vs Tampa was also a 3-0 shutout and yet in the newspaper (Montreal Gazette), Price was getting blamed for not stealing the game. He couldn't be faulted for those 3 goals, 2 turn-overs and a 1 PP one-timer. And he didn't get to start after that game.....and now he will be rusty and Martin will throw him to the wolves by playing him against Washington.
yup. although the more I agree with sensible stuff like this, the more I evolve into a price fanboy. It's like if you like Price (equally), any time Halak lets in a goal Price WOULD get blamed for, it gets you mad unnecessarily cuz of the double standard. Halak will start next game and I pray he is watching his glove side.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
habtastic

btw...is this the superbowl, or avatar.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
otto bond

Quote:
We've been shut-out so many games. Guys like Plekanec, Gionta, Gomez, Cammy will get DESTROYED in the playoffs if we make it.
Plus if our D keeps giving the puck like they have tonight....well we could end up putside the PO

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
linp

Darche and Moen are not top 6 forward. They played a lot but the puck kept bounding off Darche's stick. Moen can only dump and chase. We miss Pouliot. AK and Cammalleri. We have no one to step up to fill the void.
Imagine if SK plays with a goal scorer, he'll have a lot of assists. His linemates couldn't close the deal.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:46 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
This sort of lost I can live it.

It's frustrating, of course, but as long as the team puts in a real honest effort, I'm not going to get that upset.

I'd much rather lose like this than lose due to being brutally outplayed and relying too much on our goalie.

Besides... the Bruins were due a win, and we were due a taste of our own medicine...

Let's just go out there, keep playing like this, and hope the next goalie we run into isn't quite as good as Rask was today.
Yup. No sour taste, just an inevitable hockey loss that happens. I wish it wouldn't have been against the B's since we have Caps next but hey, they're also due to loose, so maybe we can cater to them.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Stradale

Plekanec sucks really really bad in breakaway and in shootout.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
TankEller*

Luckiest guy of the game: Wheeler. Damn he can thank his lord for making him fall.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
it was halak's fault white and gorges deflected the puck in? just saying...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Habs

Serves Martin right for playing Halak back-to-back. I'm not saying it was his fault, but the team needed a change behind them to wake them up with 2 games in 2 nights.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Luckiest guy of the game: Wheeler. Damn he can thank his lord for making him fall.
I think he just Turtled

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:29 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Exactly, how can we win if he doesn't give us a chance with those flukey deflections...two sets of rules.

CBC panel of Maclean, Healy, Stock and Hrudey discussing the goalie situation in Montreal and of course two dummies in Healy and Stock saying you only need one goalie and that because Halak is better now he should stay.

At least MacLean was a voice of reason in regards to saying if Price is gone for Montreal and in Boston if Thomas is gone who is there to push the other goalies to keep them playing like they are?

Is Desjardins or Sanford going to be the player that can push Halak to pressure him to know if he does screw up he can be pulled and pulled for a long time like Price could do to him??? Or Thomas could do to Rask???

And the best had to be Hrudey, he being a goalie who had a good career as a starter (not like the bench warmer and non- contributing Cup winner Healy) stated that Montreal shouldn't trade Price as he has the better skill set and is younger. Like Hrudey said management is looking at who is going to be the better goalie over the next 7 years entering their prime, not just this year.

Healey is an idiot, Price had his WJC wave and nothing since?

What about going onto winning a Championship in the AHL, carrying that team to victory???

What about two 20 + win seasons in his first two seasons???

Healy's best season: 4.27 GAA 25 Wins 19 losses 2 Ties and a .872 SVP (he was 26 and had Gretzky and Co. out scoring teams for them to win, that same season in order to win the Kings traded for....Hrudey).

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
Price put up with a lot of those type of games with bad breaks and deflections too, just saying...

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Turboflex*

Price's last game was the 3-0 loss, all goals he had no chance on, and the team was shutout.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

How does a Boston/Montreal game that has huge playoff ramifications only result in 1 penalty, and 1 semi-fight?

A game like this should have been a penalty fest. This was a snoozer, granted it was an afternoon game, but there should have been a lot more emotion in this game..........a lot more.

I hate that Montreal has no sparkplug, nobody that tries to get the team up, because when they ain't scoring, they need somebody to step up and create some momentum....they don't have anybody that does that.

I thought this might have been Lappy's role....or even Moen's.

Just add that to the list of needs for this team.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
I think Halak could have saved the 3rd one with the deflection. He was overplaying a shots going well wide and got burned. That said, that would be really nitpicky. We didn't lose because of that goal, we lost because we couldn't score.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I think Halak could have saved the 3rd one with the deflection. He was overplaying a shots going well wide and got burned. That said, that would be really nitpicky. We didn't lose because of that goal, we lost because we couldn't score.
I think that sums it up pretty well (I saw the puck go in in slow motion and was expecting him to swat it away given what he usually does) and re:CBC, my view on the situation is in line with Hrudey who is the only one who ever has any smart commentary. Actually whatever Healey says-- do the opposite. I don't want to see Halak leave and I do want to make the playoffs so it's important we keep him.

He's obviously drawing attention so I'm sure teams are calling and Bob is hearing some interesting offers. I think that's the only way he will consider it. That and maybe if it's a western conference team.

Considering our lineup, it's not panic time at all. It's more about holding out until the Olympics. Still, Cammy is gonna be a gaping hole for March.