HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

lol didn't watch the game

Old
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Plekanec with 9 shots on goal, I thought he was a playmaker

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Habsfanatical

How the hell can some of you "fans" crap on Price when he wasn't even in net? It makes me laugh how we just can't focus on, sure we lost but at least that's 4 games in a row (without Cams) that we have played with heart and determination, BUT instead we revert right back to the Halak/Price debate. We can't even compare the 2 until Price hits 24 (Halaks age now) then look at the numbers and see IMO. But right now EVERY player that wears the Habs sweater needs to be 100% focused on the task at hand, and that's slowing down Ovi and company! Same game plan as PITTS but actually TRY on the 5 on 3 to make it 6-2 and not 5-3. Halak or Price, it doesn't matter, they NEED to be focused, and so does the TEAM!

I'm a Price over Halak guy in the long term, but Halak is playing great! The only thing that boggles me is, why not change goalies after a win instead of a lose? Give them a break on a high note and not sit on the bench for 4 or 5 games thinking about every goal they let in, or how they should have positioned better. I also love how some fans only have short term memories and can't remember Price's first 2 games of the year (where the TEAM laid an egg and he stole them for us) or Nov where Price was almost unbeatable. IMO Price would at least have a .500 record if the TEAM showed up for some of his losses, but what do I know? Both goalies are great, both have dynamic potential, both DESERVE the same respect! As I've said in other posts, Steve Mason is having a crap year, is he a bust now and should be run out of CLB? Oh right, its not HIS fault, its the TEAMS, too bad that thinking can't be adopted by some of our so called "fans"! Price still has a career record OVER .500, still has a GAA UNDER 3.00, still has a S% OVER .900 and is STILL only 22. I don't want to compare Price to Fleury or Luongo, but have a look at their records on their first couple seasons, Price still comes out on top. Now Fleury and Luongo are among the best in the league with Fleury having a cup ring, so after their first couple seasons were they busts? I'm not saying Price will be better then those 2 at their ages, but if he continues to learn, grow and mature he shouldn't be too far off IMHO!

P.S.

Trade Spacek or Hamrlik and get BOTH goalies signed!

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
no one else was shooting, but yeah I thought he played well. like everyone got burned by Rask. He's actually better on breakaways than in SOs (like Nash). He almost had it. I think he also set up Darche about a million times.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
How the hell can some of you "fans" crap on Price when he wasn't even in net? It makes me laugh how we just can't focus on, sure we lost but at least that's 4 games in a row (without Cams) that we have played with heart and determination, BUT instead we revert right back to the Halak/Price debate. We can't even compare the 2 until Price hits 24 (Halaks age now) then look at the numbers and see IMO. But right now EVERY player that wears the Habs sweater needs to be 100% focused on the task at hand, and that's slowing down Ovi and company! Same game plan as PITTS but actually TRY on the 5 on 3 to make it 6-2 and not 5-3. Halak or Price, it doesn't matter, they NEED to be focused, and so does the TEAM!

I'm a Price over Halak guy in the long term, but Halak is playing great! The only thing that boggles me is, why not change goalies after a win instead of a lose? Give them a break on a high note and not sit on the bench for 4 or 5 games thinking about every goal they let in, or how they should have positioned better. I also love how some fans only have short term memories and can't remember Price's first 2 games of the year (where the TEAM laid an egg and he stole them for us) or Nov where Price was almost unbeatable. IMO Price would at least have a .500 record if the TEAM showed up for some of his losses, but what do I know? Both goalies are great, both have dynamic potential, both DESERVE the same respect! As I've said in other posts, Steve Mason is having a crap year, is he a bust now and should be run out of CLB? Oh right, its not HIS fault, its the TEAMS, too bad that thinking can't be adopted by some of our so called "fans"! Price still has a career record OVER .500, still has a GAA UNDER 3.00, still has a S% OVER .900 and is STILL only 22. I don't want to compare Price to Fleury or Luongo, but have a look at their records on their first couple seasons, Price still comes out on top. Now Fleury and Luongo are among the best in the league with Fleury having a cup ring, so after their first couple seasons were they busts? I'm not saying Price will be better then those 2 at their ages, but if he continues to learn, grow and mature he shouldn't be too far off IMHO!

P.S.

Trade Spacek or Hamrlik and get BOTH goalies signed!
Well said. I'm very much on board with this line of thinking (including being a Price over Halak guy, but right now it doesn't matter).
I know people don't like that Hammer is old, but I'd like to keep him. He's a great veteran presence and also is proud to wear the jersey. I really wonder if we could go through another season with both though. What happens at the end of the season if we do and we want to sign them. They're RFAs right? What implications does that have for what we have to pay them?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
Plek showed alot of hustle but really he has a very average shot. A great shooter would probably scored at least 1 or 2 goals with the shots he had.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Fuhryous

Hey Habs fans...I don't mean t to intrude on your board, but I have a quick question for you. At the end of today's game during the final "round table" discussion on CBC, they announced the Wallin trade. Right after CBC switched back to Maclean, Hrudey & Co. they briefly discussed this trade then Maclean blurted out a players name from the Oilers who will be traded...did any of you catch this and who they specifically named?

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Kosti46

Boston played good defence.

They got extremely lucky to win this game. They had two point shots deflected by Hab players that went by Halak for goals. One was by White and the other one was by Georges.

The third Boston goal was also a point shot and Halak gave up a huge rebound for a goal.

Very very lucky goals.

Boston also missed on at least 4 or 5 great scoring chances missing the net with their shots. They, at least in this game, showed they are very inaccurate shooters. If I was a Bruin fan I would be very disappointed with this Boston team. They are not very good.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
Can't believe we got shut out by that terrible team... Rask won them the game.
REplace shutout by beat and welcome to how the other teams feel when we somehow beat them.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
deandebean

Montreal fell asleep after a very emotional win yesterday. Nothing more to say.

By the way, is it me or is Lucy playing like a turd? He does f-all out there. And he's sloooooooow... What happened to this kid?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

By the way, is it me or is Lucy playing like a turd? He does f-all out there. And he's sloooooooow... What happened to this kid?
I think he read his press clippings a bit too much

Seriously I can't believe some folks were actually suggesting he be on the Olympic team. He can be effective but he is playing like a punk right now and it has him on the 4th line

never been a big fan of that kind of player. There is something phony about his act

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
The Prophet Jaroslav Allah has failed us, now we must praise Jesus Price.
very nice try.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Did anyone expect a different outcome? The Bruins may not be an elite NHL team but they are't an AHL team. The Habs were desperately short of NHL scorers in their lineup. Aside from missing gunners like Cammalleri, AKost, and Pouliot up front, they were missing MAB from the point on PPs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
CarrePrisme

Watched the Pens-Caps exciting game than watched this awful game for one period and turned off the TV.

ZzzZZzzz

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Did anyone expect a different outcome? The Bruins may not be an elite NHL team but they are't an AHL team. The Habs were desperately short of NHL scorers in their lineup. Aside from missing gunners like Cammalleri, AKost, and Pouliot up front, they were missing MAB from the point on PPs.
Please tell me how that was different than yesterday when we beat Pittsburgh?

Are we short a few key players? Yes...but with a better effort tonight we would've won this game.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

They gave him his contract extension he doesn't need to work anymore. He started off good and as soon as he was renewed his play started going down and this was before his injury, I remember some bruin fans complaining.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Please tell me how that was different than yesterday when we beat Pittsburgh?

Are we short a few key players? Yes...but with a better effort tonight we would've won this game.
Fair enough question. However, I thought the Penguins played a lousy game on Saturday and that included Fleury. They may have taken the Habs for granted. If the Penguins had played the Habs a second day in a row they probably would have demolished them.

The Bruins, on the other hand, benefited from playing the Habs 3 days ago and were well prepared.They should have won that earlier game too because they certainly outplayed the Habs but couldn't finish.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Fair enough question. However, I thought the Penguins played a lousy game on Saturday and that included Fleury. They may have taken the Habs for granted. If the Penguins had played the Habs a second day in a row they probably would have demolished them.

The Bruins, on the other hand, benefited from playing the Habs 3 days ago and were well prepared.They should have won that earlier game too because they certainly outplayed the Habs but couldn't finish.
Rask is the only reason why Bruins won that game.
Having a ton of scoring chances but no shots on goal doesn't make the Bruins unlucky, it means they were bad.
We maybe had a few less chances, but Rask had to make more key saves than Halak. That's the story of the game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Odelein24

The guys looked completely gassed playing their 3rd game in 4 days, especially in that last period.

What I don't understand is why Martin chose to bench the Dog line.

We bring up 3 fresh guys from Hamilton. They have a great game on Saturday and give everyone a fresh breath of air!

Then They make a costly mistake tonight and are left to rot on the bench?

After the 3rd goal went in, the team pretty much mailed it in, the Dogs should have been sent in at that point, what else is there to lose?

They could have eaten a couple of minutes in that period. I doubt they could have done better than the other guys who had nothing left in the tank.

Not a knock on the team, but on what I feel was a bizzare coaching choice.

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
la25ecoupe

JM makes weird decisions..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
The guys looked completely gassed playing their 3rd game in 4 days, especially in that last period.

What I don't understand is why Martin chose to bench the Dog line.

We bring up 3 fresh guys from Hamilton. They have a great game on Saturday and give everyone a fresh breath of air!

Then They make a costly mistake tonight and are left to rot on the bench?

After the 3rd goal went in, the team pretty much mailed it in, the Dogs should have been sent in at that point, what else is there to lose?

They could have eaten a couple of minutes in that period. I doubt they could have done better than the other guys who had nothing left in the tank.

Not a knock on the team, but on what I feel was a bizzare coaching choice.
They didn't do anything the whole game and looked nothing like yesterday. They didn't have the same intensity from their first shift. That wasn't Martin's fault.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Stradale

Last 2 games against the Bruins:

Bruins got 3 pts.
Habs got 2.

Not good.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Lemons

Scoring goals in going to be ridiculously tough.... Camma, Poul, and AK are out ... sigh FML

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
The double standard drives me nuts. If Price had let in those 3 goals today, we'd never hear the end of it. People expect more from Price because his skill set/potential is higher but he's 22 for god's sake in the biggest hockey market in the world!!!!!

Price's last outing vs Tampa was also a 3-0 shutout and yet in the newspaper (Montreal Gazette), Price was getting blamed for not stealing the game. He couldn't be faulted for those 3 goals, 2 turn-overs and a 1 PP one-timer. And he didn't get to start after that game.....and now he will be rusty and Martin will throw him to the wolves by playing him against Washington.
Halak was the reason Montreal beat Boston earlier this week. Halak was the reason this wasn't a 5-0 win. 2 of the Bruins goals scored were of Monteal sticks.

I hope to GOD as a Bruins fan Gainey moves Halak over Price. Halak wins games, Price loses. I still don't understand how this is a debate in Montreal...is it the 'potential' of Price that makes this an issue?

Seriously, Halak is the best goalie I have seen in Montreal since Theadore stole games against Thornton and Murray.

As an honest fan, move Price to the Western Conference for a King's ransom. As a Bruins fan, move Halak for less to anyone. Most of us get excited to see Price in net. Most of us pray for a lucky bounce against Halak. Just being honest.

Cheers

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 01:21 AM
eightyseven

Quote:
I hope to GOD as a Bruins fan Gainey moves Halak over Price. Halak wins games, Price loses. I still don't understand how this is a debate in Montreal...is it the 'potential' of Price that makes this an issue?
Are you being sarcastic? Are we talking about the same Price who made 42 saves against the first Boston game this season and the one who made 37 saves in the second Boston game? Oh and he WON both those games. If you are actually a Habs fan, you'd know that Price was stealing us games (first two games of the season) and also games back in November. Right now, he's struggling but just 2 months ago, he was on fire and very confident. For him, it's a matter of consistency.

Once Price finds his confidence/cockyness back, he'll be fine. The raw talent is there with Price: his skill set is amazing. Just watch his NHL Highlights video, some of those saves he makes on breakaways and odd-man rushes are amazing to watch. Especially in that last Washington game where he was hung out to dry defensively...he made so many highlight-reel type saves that I don't think Jaro would be capable of making.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Are you being sarcastic? Are we talking about the same Price who made 42 saves against the first Boston game this season and the one who made 37 saves in the second Boston game? Oh and he WON both those games. If you are actually a Habs fan, you'd know that Price was stealing us games (first two games of the season) and also games back in November. Right now, he's struggling but just 2 months ago, he was on fire and very confident. For him, it's a matter of consistency.

Once Price finds his confidence/cockyness back, he'll be fine. The raw talent is there with Price: his skill set is amazing. Just watch his NHL Highlights video, some of those saves he makes on breakaways and odd-man rushes are amazing to watch. Especially in that last Washington game where he was hung out to dry defensively...he made so many highlight-reel type saves that I don't think Jaro would be capable of making.
I understand all that and respect all Canadiens fans opinions when they tell me that overall Price is the better goalie. I am simply stating that Bruins fans would rather see Price in net over Halak. Why?

Because Price can be shaken up and distracted and is not as consistent in net. Sure you can post all the points you want, but as a Bruins fan I see Price in net, and I feel better about the Bruins chances when big games are on the line.

Halak turns it up and seems to focus on winning and nothing else, and when he is in his zone, it requires goals that are deflected by point shots OR by hitting his defensemen's sticks or legs. If not, he cannot be beaten cleanly.

Disagree all you want, I am merely telling you which goalie makes Bruins fans feel better about trying to win a game in Montreal.

Cheers!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote