Kobasew

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 12:05 AM
JofaPads

vCash:
Kobasew

Hey Flames Fans,

I am wondering about Chuck Kobasew. Do you think he is going to be a big scorer for the flames? Who would he jell with on your team and is the team's style suited to his scoring style? I believe he is going to well next season but I have not studied the Flames very much so I am not to sure.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:23 AM
pappa jan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JofaPads
Hey Flames Fans,

I am wondering about Chuck Kobasew. Do you think he is going to be a big scorer for the flames? Who would he jell with on your team and is the team's style suited to his scoring style? I believe he is going to well next season but I have not studied the Flames very much so I am not to sure.
too early to tell but maybe around 30-40 goals in his prime. i think he could jell well with saprykin and reinprecht this year and maybe pop 20.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Hitman*

He'll be a 30 goal/20 assist player. A real sniper and I think he'll pop a whole bunch of goals for the Flames down the line. It is his forte so we shouldn't be dissapointed if he doesn't rack up the assists. Just look at his 41 goal 62 point season for the Rockets a couple years ago.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:54 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
2 goals in 2 games during pre-season. He seems to have created some chemistry with Blair Betts, who has centered him both games.

Old
09-21-2003, 08:34 PM
ForeignFlame

I'm looking forward to seeing Chuck with the big club for the full season.

Old
09-24-2003, 02:14 PM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Kobasew is now tied for the lead in pre-season goal scoring with 3 goals....

Old
09-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Avery4Byng*

i could be wrong but i think he had a good pr-season last year then faded as the season started

Old
09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Hitman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
i could be wrong but i think he had a good pr-season last year then faded as the season started
He actually had a very mediocre pre-season last year. it was 2 years ago he lit it up and mad ethe team but was unable to reach contract terms.

Old
09-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JofaPads
Hey Flames Fans,

Lately he's been jelling with Gelinas and Betts. Kobasew is the type of guy who's going to be constantly in and around the crease and that's where he'll score his goals. His style certainly fits in with our team and with D. Sutter. 20 this year isn't out of the question, to me he looks a little more polished and consistent than Saprykin overall.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Omniscient Gadfly

kobasew isnt a flashy player. from what i've seen in exhibition the last two years, he has speed, but not the strength or moxy to make things happen in one on one situations. that's not his style however. he excels at finding spots in the offensive zone, and has a knack for getting his stick on loose pucks in the slot area. i think of him as a guy who'll make a living in the front net, like ryan smyth, just not as spectacular. he still needs to add strenth, but he seems stronger on the puck at camp this years than in seasons past. i think a lot of his success will depend on his linemates, and how often they can establish a presence in the offensive zone.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Qubax

He is a bit like Hull...Absolutely....NOthing Ryan Smyth....Ryan Smyth is pure power and putting away the scraps...Kobasew is actually skilled and has a great great shot....

NOw Smyth is not a bad player maybe better then KObasew will ever be...but there really different players...

Old
09-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Omniscient Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
He is a bit like Hull...Absolutely....NOthing Ryan Smyth....Ryan Smyth is pure power and putting away the scraps...Kobasew is actually skilled and has a great great shot....

NOw Smyth is not a bad player maybe better then KObasew will ever be...but there really different players...

i wasnt necessarily implying that kobasew is a ryan smyth type player. i'm just stating that kobasew is similar to smyth in that his points come primarily from working the crease and slot areas - they're not really perimeter players. also, kobasew is smallish, and needs to bulk up - though he has made strides over the last two seasons in that category. more strength/maturity will enable him to establish a stronger, physical presence down low like ryan smyth is capable of now.

Closed Thread