HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What pattern is similar to the Bauer Samsonov curve

Old
02-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
What pattern is similar to the Bauer Samsonov curve

i have a bauer samsonov curve. i got it off a pro and he painted it black so its hard to tell exactly the model blade.

i dont think they make them anymore but i really like it and if it breaks i want to get another because i cant use my s15 sakics, i just dont like the feel

its a heel curve with a square toe. the one thing i dont like is the lie, im not sure of the lie but i want it to be a bit higher because i cant stick handle near my body because the entire blade doesnt touch the ice

there might not be an identical one but its important that its a square toe. ive briefly looked at the getzlaf and the jovanoski but i didnt really like them, maybe hte lidstrom curve?

i dont know im hoping someone has a good recommendation

thank you

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i have a bauer samsonov curve. i got it off a pro and he painted it black so its hard to tell exactly the model blade.

i dont think they make them anymore but i really like it and if it breaks i want to get another because i cant use my s15 sakics, i just dont like the feel

its a heel curve with a square toe. the one thing i dont like is the lie, im not sure of the lie but i want it to be a bit higher because i cant stick handle near my body because the entire blade doesnt touch the ice

there might not be an identical one but its important that its a square toe. ive briefly looked at the getzlaf and the jovanoski but i didnt really like them, maybe hte lidstrom curve?

i dont know im hoping someone has a good recommendation

thank you
Lidstrom and Getzlaf are the same pattern.

Im 99 percent sure that the Samsonov pattern was p02 for NikeBauer and now has the Kronwall name attached to it. It has a 7 lie as well.

If you don't like that, you can try the Wheeler pattern, p15. Its a similar set up also with a 7 lie.

You can see them if you go to the Bauer website and look at the MyBauer stick creator.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
Lidstrom and Getzlaf are the same pattern.

Im 99 percent sure that the Samsonov pattern was p02 for NikeBauer and now has the Kronwall name attached to it. It has a 7 lie as well.

If you don't like that, you can try the Wheeler pattern, p15. Its a similar set up also with a 7 lie.

You can see them if you go to the Bauer website and look at the MyBauer stick creator.
thanks alot, i will go to the site and take a peak

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
thanks alot, i will go to the site and take a peak
I just got my new Harrow number 7 pattern which is that Getzlaf / Lidstrom/ Samsonov pattern for my tapered shaft today. I broke my regular one Wednesday night after using it since last April. I am glad to have a replacement.

It has a 5.5 LIE by the way which is more like a 6 since I have 6 LIEs here and they are just about the same. http://www.harrowsports.com/Zing.asp...at=52&StoreID=

They are priced low @ $35 - $40 and are top notch blades. I play defense and block shaots and have a heavy slapshot, My first Harrow blade just broke after 10 months of playing at the least twice a week.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-08-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote