HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm & Fla

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
  #1
Juice
Registered User
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Edm & Fla

Ok this proposal is going off the basis of thefourthperiod.com and the fact that they have listed both Olez listed as available at the deadline, and that they have Horcoff listed as well with the panthers having interest in him. If you think about it both teams "could" go for this deal keyword could. The reason the panthers do this deal is well because i assume they have some interest in the player formally known as scorcoff and lets face it when horcoff is at his best, he is an decent two way second line center, but thats only if the oilers can somehow convince the panthers that he is still that player. Now Olez is a very intriguing player he has a pretty decent frame at 6' 1'' 214lbs, he is very reliable in his own end and can put up at least 18-22 goals a year at a reasonable cap hit at 3.125 for the next 4 years. Also the fact he is a LW helps, since the oil are so organizationally depleted at that position. So basically if the panthers were to do this deal, they would have to even the cap hits out and maybe the oilers would have throw in another forward and a late round pick.

Panthers:
Horcoff
Jaucques/Potulny
4th rounder

Approx 6 million

Oilers:
Olesz
Leopold UFA
combined cap hit of 4.875
5th rounder for laughter

What does everyone think? Its the only scenario i could see that might interest both teams if in fact the panthers have interest in Scorecoff.


PS The panthers should definitely throw in Randy Moller, he might be the funniest/best radio broadcaster in league next to the great Rick Jeanneret since the hall of famer Rod Philips is retiring!

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
  #2
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Why the hell would Florida do that? Horcoff is worthless and JFJ is right there next to him on the worthless wagon. In fact, these two have negative value. Horrible suggestion.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
  #3
Juice
Registered User
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
Why the hell would Florida do that? Horcoff is worthless and JFJ is right there next to him on the worthless wagon. In fact, these two have negative value. Horrible suggestion.
Hey man i said im going off thefourthperiod.com, they say that FLA has interest in Horc (that is unless you failed to read my entire proposal). I said JFJ/Poltuny as well, and maybe the oilers have to throw in a Cornet or even a 3 rounder i dont know.

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
  #4
pennerstheman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
I doubt panthers fans will like this one.... But i sure like it as an oilers fan!!!

pennerstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:46 PM
  #5
Live Breathe Hockey
 
Live Breathe Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVF is for losers View Post
Hey man i said im going off thefourthperiod.com, they say that FLA has interest in Horc (that is unless you failed to read my entire proposal). I said JFJ/Poltuny as well, and maybe the oilers have to throw in a Cornet or even a 3 rounder i dont know.
fourth period is more and more reminding me of Eklund. I've removed them from my list of sites to visit

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
  #6
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVF is for losers View Post
Ok this proposal is going off the basis of thefourthperiod.com and the fact that they have listed both Olez listed as available at the deadline, and that they have Horcoff listed as well with the panthers having interest in him. If you think about it both teams "could" go for this deal keyword could. The reason the panthers do this deal is well because i assume they have some interest in the player formally known as scorcoff and lets face it when horcoff is at his best, he is an decent two way second line center, but thats only if the oilers can somehow convince the panthers that he is still that player. Now Olez is a very intriguing player he has a pretty decent frame at 6' 1'' 214lbs, he is very reliable in his own end and can put up at least 18-22 goals a year at a reasonable cap hit at 3.125 for the next 4 years. Also the fact he is a LW helps, since the oil are so organizationally depleted at that position. So basically if the panthers were to do this deal, they would have to even the cap hits out and maybe the oilers would have throw in another forward and a late round pick.

Panthers:
Horcoff
Jaucques/Potulny
4th rounder

Approx 6 million

Oilers:
Olesz
Leopold UFA
combined cap hit of 4.875
5th rounder for laughter

What does everyone think? Its the only scenario i could see that might interest both teams if in fact the panthers have interest in Scorecoff.


PS The panthers should definitely throw in Randy Moller, he might be the funniest/best radio broadcaster in league next to the great Rick Jeanneret since the hall of famer Rod Philips is retiring!
The only one laughing will be the Panthers. There's no way that will hapen. Edm. has to sweeten the pot a hell of a lot more. Hint: your 2nd this year, Cogliano, etc. etc.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:02 PM
  #7
Juice
Registered User
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The only one laughing will be the Panthers. There's no way that will hapen. Edm. has to sweeten the pot a hell of a lot more. Hint: your 2nd this year, Cogliano, etc. etc.
I would throw in Cogliano, he means nothing to me and how about a conditional 2nd for next year if Olesz scores 20 or more lol!

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
  #8
Bicepus Maximus
Registered User
 
Bicepus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
I would personally drive Horc to the airport, pay for his flight, go back to his house, pack his ****, hop in the truck, drive it to Florida, unload it, quickly stop by and shake the hand(s) of Panthers' personnel responsible for the deal, drive back, and reimburse Horc for any and all other relocation costs he may have come across.... all this with Cogliano and Edmonton's 2nd pick included!!!

Bicepus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
  #9
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
No reason whatsoever for the Panthers to do it. Horcoff has the worst contract in the NHL by far.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
  #10
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
The only reason the Panthers would ever take Horcoff's contract is if the Oilers were so desperate to move Horcoff that they would give up someone like MPS. And unless the Oilers have had a change of heart recently, that isn't happening.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
  #11
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
Why the hell would Florida do that? Horcoff is worthless and JFJ is right there next to him on the worthless wagon. In fact, these two have negative value. Horrible suggestion.
JFJ is Edmonton's leading hitter and he hasn't even played the whole season, he sure as hell is not useless.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
  #12
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,725
vCash: 500
Philips is retiring ,thank goodness. Has he learned how to say a name like Weiss yet?

Too much salary coming back to Florida ,on one player no less. I'd rather take a far better larger sized contract in Lubo Vis if we are looking at shedding multiple players and brining in a top 2 pairing Dman (then Leopold and even Seidenberg could walk if money is tight with Ellerby/Garrison playing on the third pairing).

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
  #13
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Doesn't make sense for Florida to make such a deal.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:19 PM
  #14
Salim786
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
as long as Horcoff's going the other way it's fine by me

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.