HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa - Carolina

Old
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Brock Anton
wat

vCash: 500
Ottawa - Carolina

To Ottawa:

Ray Whitney

To Carolina

Brian Lee
2nd Round Pick

Not sure how this would work out cap wise. I dont know if Ottawa is tight up against the cap or not.

Flame away.

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

I would LOVE this deal, but it wouldn't work out cap wise.

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
TheHMan

Carolina would have to take Cheechoo back. I don't think there's anyone else that can be moved in order to make the salaries work.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
Shannon + Picard + 2nd works cap wise (I think)

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

If there was no cap, Sens would do this. Lee is done in Ottawa, most likely.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
OgieO

Done deal! Although I think this puts Ottawa slightly over the cap, we'd have to make a minor deal to clear a smidge of room.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
masterandy

How does it not work cap wise? We would only be taking in around a million for the rest of the way..

Carolina can take back one of Campoli/Picard/Winchester/Donovan to make this work

masterandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
bleedgreen

canes can do better than lee, and they can get a better pick. one or the other of course, not both at the same time. i think whitney gets a 1st, and a decent prospect - not a stud.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:27 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
canes can do better than lee, and they can get a better pick. one or the other of course, not both at the same time. i think whitney gets a 1st, and a decent prospect - not a stud.
A 1st and a prospect? We'll have to see. I would say this kind of deal that the OP suggested is exactly in line with what Whitney will get, but...Wallin garnered a 2nd from SJ, so who knows.

Still think it's gonna be a decent prospect (like Teubert) and a 2nd rounder. In fact, I still think it'll be LA and I think it'll be those exact pieces.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Spence334

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
A 1st and a prospect? We'll have to see. I would say this kind of deal that the OP suggested is exactly in line with what Whitney will get, but...Wallin garnered a 2nd from SJ, so who knows.

Still think it's gonna be a decent prospect (like Teubert) and a 2nd rounder. In fact, I still think it'll be LA and I think it'll be those exact pieces.
Teuberts no stud, but I don't think I'd call him a decent prospect

Spence334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post

you think? couldnt be because thats what everyone said the deal was, could it? not like your pulling that one out of the air. i would take that deal over lee and a 2nd. i think if its a first, its a prospect lesser than tuebert. thats what i meant. i think one piece will either be a 1st, or a prospect of teubert quality with a lower pick - and thats what i said in my first post.

lee hasnt been able to crack the sens for a couple of years, and most fans dont think much of him and wouldnt mind trading him at all. i think teubert is a better choice right now, the canes need more than one gleason physical type, and its possible they'll be getting fowler to add the offensive side.

Old
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
TheHMan

Part of the reason why Lee is getting moved is that he's unlikely to stick within the organization. He's actually a pretty decent Defenseman, but he needs to be on an NHL roster and actually playing quality minutes to actually hit his full worth.

A nice comparison is Strahlman in Columbus. Couldn't play in TO or Calgary, but he's made an impact on a Columbus roster. Lee isn't anywhere near as good Offensively, but Defensively he doesn't make very many mistakes and uses his size really well. He has good skating ability and can make very clean passes as well.

In Ottawa, he would likely be playing but we're carrying Picard and Campoli which are making NHL dollars right now. Lee is playing in the minors because of his two-way contract and the fact that he can still pass through waivers (makes him an ideal injury callup).

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
danishh

all carolina has to do for ottawa to fit this under the cap is take donovan back.

or, ottawa could place foligno on LTIR retroactive to his injury. He's out 8 weeks anyways.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
you think? couldnt be because thats what everyone said the deal was, could it? not like your pulling that one out of the air. i would take that deal over lee and a 2nd. i think if its a first, its a prospect lesser than tuebert. thats what i meant. i think one piece will either be a 1st, or a prospect of teubert quality with a lower pick - and thats what i said in my first post.

lee hasnt been able to crack the sens for a couple of years, and most fans dont think much of him and wouldnt mind trading him at all. i think teubert is a better choice right now, the canes need more than one gleason physical type, and its possible they'll be getting fowler to add the offensive side.
Not much truth behind this. Lee has cracked the line up and has played well. the main reason he is not on the Sens this year is his contract and Karlsson. The reason i
am okay with trading him is that he may be able to get a decent return which is better than him playing in the ahl for us. I'd be shocked to find a fan that would be okay with trading him just for a prospect or a josh hennesy type of player.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:44 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellismaniac View Post
Not much truth behind this. Lee has cracked the line up and has played well. the main reason he is not on the Sens this year is his contract and Karlsson. The reason i
am okay with trading him is that he may be able to get a decent return which is better than him playing in the ahl for us. I'd be shocked to find a fan that would be okay with trading him just for a prospect or a josh hennesy type of player.
so im confused. is he playing or not? not, right ? that means he hasnt cracked his teams lineup because if he had...he would be playing. if karlson has him beat for a spot then he isnt cracking the lineup. people are saying he isnt going to play for your organization - cuz he isnt good enough to beat others for jobs, right?

your not trading him for a hennesy or a prospect, your trading him for top line rental.

the earlier comparison to strahlman doesnt make sense as a vote of confidence, either. traded by two teams, and the team he found a spot on is struggling to not be a bottom feeder. all the "reasons" why you guys arent keeping him or playing adds up to one thing - he isnt good enough to play for you guys. doesnt matter what style a guy plays if he is good enough.

not trying to talk him down, or pick a fight - the facts are what they are. he isnt making the sens, others have him beat out, and you guys dont mind moving him. he's expendable.

Old
02-08-2010, 09:25 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
I think that train came and went. With Whitney in control of where he goes, the bidding war for him is gone and he likely won't pull in the return he could have gotten. Considering JR pulled the trigger on a 2nd + Teubs/Voynov, a 2nd + Lee is certainly enough for Whitney. Lee may not be a stud, but he's still a solid prospect that could pan out to be an all around 2nd pairing defenseman if we take our time with him. Not to mention I feel Lee is a much better prospect than Teubert. Teubs has a lot of potential, but since being drafted, he's been nothing more than a big hitter IMO.

If we dealt Corvo, I'd have no problem with taking Campoli back.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:32 PM
timmymac7

Whitney worth WAY more try:
TO Ottawa:
Whitney
2nd round pick
TO Carolina:
Foligno
Carkner

timmymac7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmymac7 View Post
TO Ottawa:
Whitney
2nd round pick
TO Carolina:
Foligno
Carkner
..........?

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
TO Ottawa:
Whitney
2nd round pick
TO Carolina:
Foligno
Carkner
What are you smoking?

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
danishh

Quote:
TO Ottawa:
Whitney
2nd round pick
TO Carolina:
Foligno
Carkner
ottawa's not trading a young 2nd line winger and a #5 dman signed at 700k for 2 years for a 2nd line winger.

Old
02-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
ottawa's not trading a young 2nd line winger and a #5 dman signed at 700k for 2 years for a 2nd line winger.
And Carolina isn't going to move Whitney and a second (what rebuilding team is going to move draft picks?) for a bottom pairing dman and a 2nd liner.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
danishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
And Carolina isn't going to move Whitney and a second (what rebuilding team is going to move draft picks?) for a bottom pairing dman and a 2nd liner.
didnt notice the 2nd, but regardless, a playoff team doesnt move 2 important roster players for 1 who is marginally better.