HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton | Montreal

Old
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Once again its Oiler fans who are requesting Price in a trade. Unfortunately they taint it by adding tiny-dancers in the mix (Cogs/Brule etc.)....

If i could make a HFBoards rule it is that Oilers/Habs fans do not and i repeat do not propose trades between the two teams. We do not make good trade partners. Oilers are chalk full of smurfs. Habs are full of smurfs. Both teams want players with size.

The only difference is that OIler fans seem to want one of our goaltenders while Habs fans don't have any desire for a current Oiler player (not named Hemsky).

Can you blame us? Your roster kinda sucks bad. lol
Yeah... we've both got some heavily overpaid players.
We've both got some highly paid underachievers.
Think you've got less injury prone players.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
HopelessOilFan

I really really hope price gets traded, it doesnt even have to be to edmonton, just so we can see what his real value around the league is.

Habs fans are convinced he is the goalie with the most potential in the entire league and thats worth more than anything on edmontons roster, and well... everyone else seems to think he has the same value as any other inconsistent goaltender who just lost his starting job to their backup.

I've never wanted a trade to happen so bad that could potentially have nothing to do with edmonton.
I would gladly eat crow if price got the return most montreal fans think he's worthy of, but i just cant see it happening.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Yeah... we've both got some heavily overpaid players.
We've both got some highly paid underachievers.
Think you've got less injury prone players.
I think we have an equal amount of injury prone players. (Gionta/Cammy/A.Kostitsyn/Pouliot). This has been a miserable season for the Habs on the health front as for the Oilers (Hemsky/Khabby etc.).

Whaddya do?

answer: you don't propose Habs/Oiler trades! lol

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
I think we have an equal amount of injury prone players. (Gionta/Cammy/A.Kostitsyn/Pouliot). This has been a miserable season for the Habs on the health front as for the Oilers (Hemsky/Khabby etc.).

Whaddya do?

answer: you don't propose Habs/Oiler trades! lol
Edmonton ALWAYS has these problems.

Smyth, Smith, Staios, Moreau, Pisani, Horcoff, Comrie... the list goes on and on and on.

Old
02-08-2010, 10:42 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
I really really hope price gets traded, it doesnt even have to be to edmonton, just so we can see what his real value around the league is.

Habs fans are convinced he is the goalie with the most potential in the entire league and thats worth more than anything on edmontons roster, and well... everyone else seems to think he has the same value as any other inconsistent goaltender who just lost his starting job to their backup.

I've never wanted a trade to happen so bad that could potentially have nothing to do with edmonton.
I would gladly eat crow if price got the return most montreal fans think he's worthy of, but i just cant see it happening.
To put things into perspective, if not for Price/Halak we would be battling you guys for Taylor Hall. So why would we trade one of our goaltenders for lesser return when we can just ride them out and enjoy their contributions? I mean lets face it - they are absolutely carrying the Habs right now.

Old
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Edmonton ALWAYS has these problems.

Smyth, Smith, Staios, Moreau, Pisani, Horcoff, Comrie... the list goes on and on and on.
I know. I really feel for the Oil but then again i don't because you guys are in the drivers seat for Hall. When it comes to tanking the Oilers are doing an absolute masterful job. Sometimes i wish you had Price/Halak and us with JDD/Dubnyk. lol

Old
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Xspyrit

Oilers fans should want to keep Penner and go grab Josh Harding instead.

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
I know. I really feel for the Oil but then again i don't because you guys are in the drivers seat for Hall. When it comes to tanking the Oilers are doing an absolute masterful job. Sometimes i wish you had Price/Halak and us with JDD/Dubnyk. lol
I like JDD more than Price but less than Halak. JDD had less than 10 games under his belt before this season. His play has really diminished because he's not ready to play this often. I'm very happy with what he's done overall.

I'll be seriously thrilled if we get the #1 pick... but I'm REALLY hoping that we can make a deal to get another top-10 draft pick.

If we're lucky maybe Anaheim, Dallas or Florida might be interested in a trade involving Lubo for a 2nd pairing d-man, their 1st and maybe a salary dump.

Kabanov has dropped in the rankings due to being injured. I'd really like him on our team, as well.

Old
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Oilers fans should want to keep Penner and go grab Josh Harding instead.
For sure. Penner is our best goal-scoring winger since Smyth... but Penner isn't an injury risk and he's much younger. If we trade Penner we're going to want something significant in return.