HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier's first move: Pyatt up, Trotter+White down

Old
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
I take White's physicality over Pyatt defensive skills any day of the week. White is rock solid defensively and hits like no one's business. Odd move. And I guess this means D'Agostini will be in next game I hope Gauthier trades him. Possibly to LA for Teddy Purcell (Lats/Pools Part II)

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
You can showcase a pile of crap as much as you want, but it won't become art.
Tell that to Piero Manzoni.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I would've liked to see Trotter tried on one of the top 2 lines before he got sent back down... really not happy about seeing White back down, we need this kid up on the team.

The worst part of it is we have to see D'Agostini again.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
durojean

I don't like the move.

I would have kept White and Trotter.

We can't score goal to saves our lives and we recall a defensive forward. Wow. We're gonna lose 2 1 instead of 3 1. The problem is still the same and it's not Pyatt that'll help the team 5 on 5.

durojean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I would've liked to see Trotter tried on one of the top 2 lines before he got sent back down... really not happy about seeing White back down, we need this kid up on the team.

The worst part of it is we have to see D'Agostini again.
I agree. I like Pyatt over Trotter for a bottom-6 position, but I also like White over d'Agostini in that role.

But at least with Darche in the lineup we already have a bit more grit than we had before his arrival.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
maybe they were sent down because of waivers

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Newhabfan

Gauthier

I wanted to be the first to use this

Anyway - on topic. I think JM (and Boucher and the others) uses NHL icetime as reward and motivation for Bulldog players. You have to admit that:

a) none of these 5-6 young Bulldogs are in the plans of the team once injuries are fixed. Maybe they'll be in the plans next year.

b) the contribution that you will get from any of them is similar. There is little reason to think that Trotter would be so much more useful then Pyatt for instance.

It's just NHL 4th line duty time as a cookie for working hard in Hamilton.

Anyone who thinks our 4th line structure will affect the performance against the Caps needs treatment.

Last edited by Newhabfan: 02-09-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
I don't like the move.

I would have kept White and Trotter.

We can't score goal to saves our lives and we recall a defensive forward. Wow. We're gonna lose 2 1 instead of 3 1. The problem is still the same and it's not Pyatt that'll help the team 5 on 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Gauthier

It's just NHL 4th line duty time as a cookie for working hard in Hamilton.

Anyone who thinks our 4th line structure will affect the performance against the Caps needs treatment.
Hate to say "I told you so" but....I did say that perhaps Pyatt was coming up and playing with Gomez and Gionta because they would be facing the Ovechkin line, and they often did.

Kudos to some of the unsung heroes tonight like Tom Pyatt, and also to Mathieu Darche, David Desharnais and Glen Metropolit.

Guess what? Every line has to play well agianst the Caps.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:48 PM
sheed36

I think Gauthier should send Maxwell down and bring back White or even Trotter..Maxwell as been very underwhelming to say the least...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Guys a keeper, im glad i can say i was one of the few of us who wanted him to make the team since training camp where he impressed alot of us, thats NHL speed man, and he TRACKs the puck like no one else ive seen man, gionta comes close

Glad he had a fantastic game and im glad he got his first NHL goal, good for you tommy!

however, maxwell and dagostini should be OFF this team, and white should be on it, we were always a better team with pyatt and white on it, especialy when our 7 key players were injured for that span

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Ross MacLochness

I don't know what's up with Maxwell. Even D'agostini managed to play all hyped his first 10 games in the league.

Maxwell has showed pretty much nothing this year or last.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Miller Time

Pyatt certainly earned his call up tonight...

he looked very good out there, fast as hell and he seems to constantly be in motion around the puck.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 04:56 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Guys a keeper, im glad i can say i was one of the few of us who wanted him to make the team since training camp where he impressed alot of us, thats NHL speed man, and he TRACKs the puck like no one else ive seen man, gionta comes close

Glad he had a fantastic game and im glad he got his first NHL goal, good for you tommy!

however, maxwell and dagostini should be OFF this team, and white should be on it, we were always a better team with pyatt and white on it, especialy when our 7 key players were injured for that span
As much as I agree on Maxwell (I'd replace him with White), I need to know something.

After the kind of game D'Agostini played last night, why does he need to be off this team? Sometimes all kids need is a boost of confidence and with his game last night, maybe he'll get it. He was great for the entire game - controlling the puck, creating scoring chances, making smart decisions, back checking, etc. So my question to you is, how many performances like last night does he need before he can stay?

If he brings that kind of effort every night, I'm 110% happy with him getting ice-time.

PS. Pyatt was awesome.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I think Gauthier should send Maxwell down and bring back White or even Trotter..Maxwell as been very underwhelming to say the least...
I find he looks a lot better than he did last year, stronger along the boards and making plays with the puck. Not sure what you are expecting?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
As much as I agree on Maxwell (I'd replace him with White), I need to know something.

After the kind of game D'Agostini played last night, why does he need to be off this team? Sometimes all kids need is a boost of confidence and with his game last night, maybe he'll get it. He was great for the entire game - controlling the puck, creating scoring chances, making smart decisions, back checking, etc. So my question to you is, how many performances like last night does he need before he can stay?

If he brings that kind of effort every night, I'm 110% happy with him getting ice-time.

PS. Pyatt was awesome.
The problem with D'agostini, apart from a few good games lately, the rest of his game has been non existant, and his offensive game has been very mediocre. When you are an offensive player not creating offense, you're in trouble.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote