HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovy or marleau and volchencov

View Poll Results: Kovy or Marleau and Volchenkov
Kovy 78 70.91%
Marleau and Volchenkov 32 29.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-08-2010, 08:34 PM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Kovy and Vol, PLZ!!!

Forget the Cap

Honestly though if we don't have a chance at Kovy, and Avery kinda blows that one outta the water, Volchenkov would probably be amazing at our back end if we could get either Rozsi or Redden out. And considering the last couple trades I could see Sather getting it done.
if we can deal rozy and girardi i wouldnt mind even 5 mil for volchenkov and then bring up sangs to fill one of the holes...

Volchenkov/MDZ
Staal/Redden
Sangs/Gilroy

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Waive the F out of Redden. Go from there.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
In The Flesh

N O N E ! ! !

everyone pisses and moans about Sather's **** signings but A G A I N this fanbase is calling for more. What a joke. Some of you will be secretly very upset when Sather leaves.

Sheldon Brookbank and maybe Colby Armstrong, THATS IT!!!!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 05:37 AM
SML

Complementary guys only. Francis Bouillion, Derek Boogaard, and Manny Malhotra if he'll take our phone call. In order for young guys to step up and fill meaningful roles, there has to be opportunity.We could use a veteran d presence who's not the nightly scapegoat, we need somebody with a spine to keep this team from getting slapped around on a nightly basis, and Manny's the best faceoff man in the league, and puck possession starts right there. Not one of those guys would get more than 1.5M/season. Short term deals. End of free agent period until next year.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:59 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
N O N E ! ! !

everyone pisses and moans about Sather's **** signings but A G A I N this fanbase is calling for more. What a joke. Some of you will be secretly very upset when Sather leaves.

Sheldon Brookbank and maybe Colby Armstrong, THATS IT!!!!
i think you're knee jerking a bit in the opposite direction, the problem isnt signing free agents, its signing bad ones to too much money.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
i think you're knee jerking a bit in the opposite direction, the problem isnt signing free agents, its signing bad ones to too much money.
DING DING DING, we have a winner!

When all is said and done, Ilya Kovalchuk is going to be one of the best goal scorers this game has ever known. Hes 26 years old and he'll be available as a free agent.

Put the posts above in your hip pocket and bring them out when we're interested in signing Marleau or Jokinen. The cries to not sign a player thats legitimately worth it just look silly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Levitate

Marleau is going to be ridiculously overpriced and I really hope the Rangers don't go for him (if they even have room). Just a feeling I have that he'd be another guy cashing in off a great year and then come to the Rangers and underperform.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
DING DING DING, we have a winner!

When all is said and done, Ilya Kovalchuk is going to be one of the best goal scorers this game has ever known. Hes 26 years old and he'll be available as a free agent.

Put the posts above in your hip pocket and bring them out when we're interested in signing Marleau or Jokinen. The cries to not sign a player thats legitimately worth it just look silly.
Legitimately worth what? If Kovalchuk wants to sign cheap, then thats 1 thing. If he wants to be at the top of the market, then forget it. We got too many problems here to take on another headache.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Complementary guys only. Francis Bouillion, Derek Boogaard, and Manny Malhotra if he'll take our phone call. In order for young guys to step up and fill meaningful roles, there has to be opportunity.We could use a veteran d presence who's not the nightly scapegoat, we need somebody with a spine to keep this team from getting slapped around on a nightly basis, and Manny's the best faceoff man in the league, and puck possession starts right there. Not one of those guys would get more than 1.5M/season. Short term deals. End of free agent period until next year.
Exactly. I'd also like to add Jed Ortmeyer, I bet SJ resigns him though, he's been real good for them.

Old
02-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Exactly. I'd also like to add Jed Ortmeyer, I bet SJ resigns him though, he's been real good for them.
Jed Ortmeyer is, quite literally, the last thing this team needs.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Bergeron and Volchenkov would be great, actually. Even if Anisimov and Stepan don't pan out as planned, you still have Bergeron as a top center, and with Gaborik as his winger, that's a guy who could go 40-40-80 and possibly compete for the Selke one day.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Which is what Marleau would be......STAY AWAY FROM MARLEAU!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Crazyhorse30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Which is what Marleau would be......STAY AWAY FROM MARLEAU!!!
100% with this.

Gotta get Kovalchuk if we can, but Volechenkov is tempting too.

Crazyhorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Volchenkov and done deal. Every playoff team gets mutliple lines of production, and we only have one Staal.

We also need to address the center position, considering WE ONLY HAVE ANISIMOV. Seeing Joks play, really makes me think we need some creative 2 way centers. Guys that love to hold the puck, and are comfortable slowing things down.

I really don't see how a LW helps our situation at all. Kovalchuk is really nothing but a shooter. Lately it seems everyone pretends he's as dynamic as AO. He's a huge shoot, with really good wheels.

NJD is a great example. They REALLY needed at least 1 center, and defensive help. Instead they add a superstar LW. He improves their team, but he doesn't address any of their real needs.

tl;dr: volchenkov

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Jed Ortmeyer is, quite literally, the last thing this team needs.
last time I checked this lazy as **** team lacked a ton of heart.

Old
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Vitto79

If they can get a scorer in Marleau and a shut down physical Dman in Volchenkov they have to go that route

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Volchenkov and done deal. Every playoff team gets mutliple lines of production, and we only have one Staal.

We also need to address the center position, considering WE ONLY HAVE ANISIMOV. Seeing Joks play, really makes me think we need some creative 2 way centers. Guys that love to hold the puck, and are comfortable slowing things down.

I really don't see how a LW helps our situation at all. Kovalchuk is really nothing but a shooter. Lately it seems everyone pretends he's as dynamic as AO. He's a huge shoot, with really good wheels.

NJD is a great example. They REALLY needed at least 1 center, and defensive help. Instead they add a superstar LW. He improves their team, but he doesn't address any of their real needs.

tl;dr: volchenkov
PREACH ON!!!!!

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote