Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
TasteofFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
so much for being 'real'

thats a homer defense if i've ever seen one..just becasue a guy is now member of the team doesnt excuse him from his actions.

did you see the elbow he threw in an exhibition agaisnt Sweden too?

the kids dirty and has some issues upstairs, hopefully he deals with them because he IS talented.
See, I'm of the mind that the elbow he threw against Sweden was EXACTLY on the line, and the kind of play that he should make every now and again, just to **** with the team. Rodin got bumped on the nose, and that about all it amounted to. Wasn't vicious, wasn't over the top, wasn't particularly violent. Keep in mind that Sweden was considered Canada's biggest hurdle going into the WJC. Cormier was just sending a message along the lines of "If you try and beat us, we'll beat the **** out of you." Nothing wrong with intimidation. That's Claude Lemieux-esque to me, and that's the kind of player the Thrashers need.

Old
02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
See, I'm of the mind that the elbow he threw against Sweden was EXACTLY on the line, and the kind of play that he should make every now and again, just to **** with the team. Rodin got bumped on the nose, and that about all it amounted to. Wasn't vicious, wasn't over the top, wasn't particularly violent. Keep in mind that Sweden was considered Canada's biggest hurdle going into the WJC. Cormier was just sending a message along the lines of "If you try and beat us, we'll beat the **** out of you." Nothing wrong with intimidation. That's Claude Lemieux-esque to me, and that's the kind of player the Thrashers need.
sorry, i disagree...that was a garbage play, there are other ways to intimidate that dont cross the line.

Old
02-09-2010, 09:40 AM
The Sneak

I'm all for clean starts. Sports are littered with players that have made bad personal or professional decisions. How he reacts to being sit down is key. I have to trust that Duds spoke with the kid to find out where his head is. Was he contrite? Does he understand why he was parked for the rest of the season? Does he get what he has to do to not have this happen again? Or does he feel he's being victimized and singled out? Just hope the kid learned something here.

Old
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Jonas1235

To me, he looks like he's on the Sean Avery path of destruction.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

No. what i said wasn't a diss toward the kid who got hammered. I was trying to make a point that the kid elbowed someone it happens all the time and yet people are crying here like he murdered someone come on now seriouslly. Go cry somewhere else he is going to be a star here whether you like it or not. So what i'm not suppose to like Cormier because he plays dirty? Sorry but he will be one of my favorites when he makes the team because we need players like him and i love the dirtiness. LOVE it. Now i'm n ot saying its right to go and cheap shot people because it isn't but i do like having an Avery/Carcillo/Lapierre player on my team.

Cannot wait untill someone cheap shots one of our guys in the future and then Cormier storms in and busts someones jaw. Finally , finally, finally, we have a real true fearless players on this team.

Players like Avery/Carcillo etc... are catagorized as players you only like if there on your team. I have no problem with Avery, Carcillo and all them because they do there job and i always wanted one of them on my team. I do hate dirty players because i've seen my guys get cheap shot plenty of time. So i'm sick of being the team who gets pissed on in the league. Now it will all change soon.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
ASF, just quit while you're behind. Seriously. You're getting ridiculous. That elbow he laid on the kid was vicious and completely stupid. That fact cannot be argued against. Some people are willing to put it in the past and hope he will learn not to do **** like that again, and some people want to condemn him for his mistakes.

Most of us agree that it is a good thing that he plays hard and personally I want to see him do well on the team. But there is a difference between playing hard and playing stupid. What he did that day was stupid.

Besides, the main reason everyone is getting on you about what you said is because you actually said the kid that got hit was "Acting" when he was clearly having a seizure. Anyone could have seen that.

Old
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Oh yea just like people wanted to kill Vick for killing a dog...

the kid made a mistake and i'll defend him forever just like i defend all the Averys. They aren't in the league for nothing. There here to play to.

If Dante Stallworth got away with murder, Patrice Cormier sohuld not be "crucified" for elbowing someone. plain and simple.

Future star baby! PC

Old
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
KevFist
is best pony

The difference is the Dante Stallworth incident didn't happen in a game. Cormier blatantly tried to injure a guy during a game.

I'm very much in favour of giving Cormier a shot, but only if he's shown contrition for what he did. I like the idea of a guy people are afraid of on the Thrashers, but it's still just a game when all's said and done.

Plus, if you've ever played hockey(like I have) and been victim of a cheap shot(like I have) and dished out a cheap shot or two(Like I have) it all makes more sense,.

Old
02-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Aaronxxx

please stop putting this kid in the same category as avery

Old
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
please stop putting this kid in the same category as avery
true, Averys already carved out an NHL career

Old
02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
true, Averys already carved out an NHL career
well, as a pest. no player in the nhl is afraid of sean avery. avery is not an enforcer. asf trying to somehow correlate this kid's game to avery's is ridiculous

Last edited by Aaronxxx: 02-09-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
well, as a pest. no player in the nhl is afraid of sean avery. avery is not an enforcer. asf trying to someone correlate this kid's game to avery's is ridiculous
true, hopefully he's a more talented/level headed Jarko Ruutu type...but alas, he still is only a prospect, no guarantees...ASF already has him in the HOF

Old
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Aaronxxx

haha true. asf likes to think in extremes.

Closed Thread