HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brunnstrom

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  #26
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC View Post
I agree with the Flush.
call the GMs then, Colorado would be all over a Svatos for Brunnstrom swap.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
  #27
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
call the GMs then, Colorado would be all over a Svatos for Brunnstrom swap.
Okay, let me get on the Batphone.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
  #28
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,479
vCash: 500
I remember Dave Nonis had all but signed Brunnstrom two years ago when he was the GM in Vancouver, only to be fired a few days later and have the deal fall through. Brunnstrom then signed in Dallas a few weeks later.

With Nonis now working with Burke in Toronto, it's possible that the Leafs might try and make a deal for him again.

How would Dallas fans feel about a Brunnstrom-for-Exelby swap? I don't know who else of similar value Dallas would be interested in.

Here's the article if anyone is interested: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=234166

Here's another one about the pre-Burke management in Toronto being interested as well: http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=234681

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
  #29
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 500
Exelby? Ugh no...

Try Blacker or someone like that. Dallas isn't going to trade Bruno for crap like Exelby. Either he's part of a package or he goes for a prospect.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
  #30
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Thomas & Wideman for

Turco, Niskanen & Brunnstrom

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
  #31
Alistar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Azores
Posts: 9,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Thomas & Wideman for

Turco, Niskanen & Brunnstrom
this would be such a steal for Dallas

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
  #32
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
this would be such a steal for Dallas
talent-wise, sure...but the Bruins might do it just to free themselves of Thomas and that cap headache. I like the deal for both sides as an impartial observer. worth breaking out into its own thread, imo.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
  #33
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
this would be such a steal for Dallas
Sarcasm I assume?

I think it would be an eventual steal for Dallas, but improbable given the Stars' ownership financial issues.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
  #34
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusNPucks View Post
to Nashville
Brunnstrom
Ribeiro
Daley

To Dallas
Hamhuis (signed)
Hornqvist
Why would Poile trade Hornqvist for Brunnstrom? That simply doesn't make sense. No deal...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
  #35
JesusNPucks
Registered User
 
JesusNPucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC View Post
I agree with the Flush.
I likewise agree on the swap...

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
  #36
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Thomas & Wideman for

Turco, Niskanen & Brunnstrom
Dallas is going to want a pick(s) to make up for taking on way, way more salary. I'd do that deal if Boston chips in Toronto's 2nd and their, Boston's 3rd too.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
  #37
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
to ATL: Brunnstrom, Turco, Ribeiro
to DAL: Lehtonen, Armstrong, Todd White, 2nd

Todd White can fill in at center on the 2nd or 3rd lines for Dallas, Armstrong adds ancillary grit (ott and armstrong on one team could prove very useful in playoffs) and Lehtonen will probably come back from his back injury and become the franchise goalie he never was in ATL.

Bergfors-Antropov-Max
Brunnstrom-Raptor Jezus-Little
Kane-Slater-Machachek
Boults-Reasoner-Thorburn

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
  #38
Alistar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Azores
Posts: 9,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Sarcasm I assume?

I think it would be an eventual steal for Dallas, but improbable given the Stars' ownership financial issues.
I'm just looking on a pure talent vs. talent level, and Thomas is by far and away the best player in the deal. He's half a season removed from a well deserved vezina trophy and although this season he hasn't played up to that standard, he's not exactly struggling either. a .915 save percentage is nothing to sneeze at, Turco hasn't played at that level since 2002-03.

As for Wideman, he's also a really solid player at his position having a poor season. He's still pretty young, just entering his prime.


I think Boston would be wise to hang onto both players and not sell low. You just have to look at whats happened to Steve Mason in Columbus this season to see that young goalies can be extremely volatile, so I wouldn't bank on Rask if I were you. I think this move would definetly address the Stars' need for a #1 goaltender and also possibly give them a top pairing defenceman if Wideman can rebound. I'm not sure what needs of Boston's this proposal addresses.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
  #39
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
I'm just looking on a pure talent vs. talent level, and Thomas is by far and away the best player in the deal. He's half a season removed from a well deserved vezina trophy and although this season he hasn't played up to that standard, he's not exactly struggling either. a .915 save percentage is nothing to sneeze at, Turco hasn't played at that level since 2002-03.

As for Wideman, he's also a really solid player at his position having a poor season. He's still pretty young, just entering his prime.


I think Boston would be wise to hang onto both players and not sell low. You just have to look at whats happened to Steve Mason in Columbus this season to see that young goalies can be extremely volatile, so I wouldn't bank on Rask if I were you. I think this move would definetly address the Stars' need for a #1 goaltender and also possibly give them a top pairing defenceman if Wideman can rebound. I'm not sure what needs of Boston's this proposal addresses.
Cap space. The Bruins need to make a huge play for a scoring winger in July, or in a trade and they need cap space. I know the issues with young goalies, but I believe in Rask, and it's not like he's a 1st year pro.

They'd have Turco for the rest of the season and then maybe he'd re-sign on the cheap, or they could get a veteran for a discount in the off-season. Thomas is on the block. Chiarelli pretty much said so himself. I think the Bruins will leverage Thomas by hardly playing him to make him want to waive his NTC.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:40 PM
  #40
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 500
How bout something smaller?

Thomas and Toronto's 2nd for Turco and Daley?

Boston sheds long term salary but Dallas doesn't have to absorb an obscene amount. Though I love the idea of a Niskanen for Wideman deal too.

Hmm....

Thomas, Wideman and Toronto's 2nd plus Boston's 3rd

for

Turco, Niskanen, Dallas' 4th and Daley instead of Brunnstrom.

I'm still a believer that Brunno has 20-25-45 in him given the right situation and in this case Daley's cap hit helps even out things from Dallas' prospective.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
  #41
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
How bout something smaller?

Thomas and Toronto's 2nd for Turco and Daley?

Boston sheds long term salary but Dallas doesn't have to absorb an obscene amount. Though I love the idea of a Niskanen for Wideman deal too.

Hmm....

Thomas, Wideman and Toronto's 2nd plus Boston's 3rd

for

Turco, Niskanen, Dallas' 4th and Daley instead of Brunnstrom.

I'm still a believer that Brunno has 20-25-45 in him given the right situation and in this case Daley's cap hit helps even out things from Dallas' prospective.
No interest in Daley, but I guess it could be considered in order to ship Thomas out. Boston doesn't have a 3rd because of the Paille trade.

Giving up Toronto's 2nd plus taking on Daley no longer make this deal attractive to the Bruins, IMO.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
  #42
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
No interest in Daley, but I guess it could be considered in order to ship Thomas out. Boston doesn't have a 3rd because of the Paille trade.

Giving up Toronto's 2nd plus taking on Daley no longer make this deal attractive to the Bruins, IMO.
I can see your point but look at it from Dallas' perspective. They have the cap space but absolutely no money. I think they could take one of Wideman or Thomas but not both. And as far as age and contract I'd much rather move Niskanen for Wideman than agree to pay Thomas five million for three more years.

But like I said Brunnstrom's actual salary next year will be no more than 1.4. Daley's is 2.3 and he'll be one of the first out the door because of it.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
  #43
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I can see your point but look at it from Dallas' perspective. They have the cap space but absolutely no money. I think they could take one of Wideman or Thomas but not both. And as far as age and contract I'd much rather move Niskanen for Wideman than agree to pay Thomas five million for three more years.

But like I said Brunnstrom's actual salary next year will be no more than 1.4. Daley's is 2.3 and he'll be one of the first out the door because of it.
Yeah, Dallas' ownership situation hurts this deal, because I think there would be potential there. Dallas can get a new #1 goalie & a #2/3 defenseman, while Boston can save some cap space.

But it's a lot of money to take on for 2 guys having off seasons, despite their talent & past success.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.