HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corvo (Car) and pick/prospect for Barker (Chi)

Old
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM
ploppsdman

vCash: 500
Corvo (Car) and pick/prospect for Barker (Chi)

Im unsure how comfortable Chicago is with Byfuglien at the point for their second PP unit, so they could use the upgrade along with an expiring contract. They need someone more like Sutton, but they could go after both. I definitely think the 'hawks will go all-in this season.

Anyway:

Joe Corvo (Car) and a third round pick (10)
for
Cam Barker

You may need to add a low-level prospect from Carolina or an additional pick, like a 5th rounder. I personally don't like the deal, but after seeing what the 'hawks did last year with Wiszniewski, I could see something like this happening. Or, if Chicago has a deal for someone like Sutton in place, they could forgo the pick, and require Carolina to take Sopel.

ploppsdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 05:36 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Carolina WANTS prospects and picks, so I doubt they give up a pick to make this deal.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 05:39 AM
ploppsdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
Carolina WANTS prospects and picks, so I doubt they give up a pick to make this deal.
Cam Barker is probably a lot better prospect than what they'll get with the third round pick (he's young enough to stretch that distinction). Anyway, this is why I chose a third round pick, not a second.

You could also expand the deal, but Carolina would have to give up a lot more. You could deal Versteeg and Barker for Corvo and Whitney, giving Chicago an upgrade at both spots and 2 expiring contracts. That would probably cost the 'Canes their second round pick and maybe a mid-level prospect.

Last edited by ploppsdman: 02-09-2010 at 05:47 AM.
ploppsdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 05:47 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
sorry

Not a fan of corvo and I like barker

For me to trade Barker(I think people are looking at the hawks cap situation and thinking they can get something for nothing) I will look at a player + a 2011 first rounder

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 05:47 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Like other Canes fans will say, I can only see us doing Corvo for Barker straight up, otherwise we'll be looking to move Corvo for picks and/or prospects. I think we would only want to add a 3rd if we're getting back another prospect/pick in addition to Barker.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I don't think we can get a player and 1st for Barker.

I like that Trade from the OP.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Boom Boom Anton

meh..I think the OP is trying to make a fair deal, I am just not a fan of Barker. I've tried to watch him closely when he was here in Raleigh and when I see the Hawks on TV/Internet.

I realize he is young, a high pick, etc...but he seems slow, not overly physical, and not very confident with the puck. Granted, he isn't getting a lot of minutes in Chi. with the Defense the hawks have, but I just don't see him as a longterm answer for the Canes.

I could very well be wrong as I haven't seen him a bunch, just not impressed with what I did see, particularly for his Salary (> $3M if I recall).

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Chrispy

I can see the Canes adding to a deal to get Barker, but it is more likely to be another expiring contract. Perhaps Cullen + Corvo for Barker + something minor if Chicago needs a PP point man? If Barker is currently playing PP, the Hawks could just place Cullen and Corvo on the blue line for their second PP unit.

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Corvo + Picks is fine

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I can see the Canes adding to a deal to get Barker, but it is more likely to be another expiring contract. Perhaps Cullen + Corvo for Barker + something minor if Chicago needs a PP point man? If Barker is currently playing PP, the Hawks could just place Cullen and Corvo on the blue line for their second PP unit.
Unless Rutherford really likes Barker (which maybe he does), I see no reason to do this.

Barker's salary for a guy who is right now a marginal #4 with PP capability isn't what the Canes need. With that Salary, if Barker came to the Canes, he would be expected to eat up a lot of minutes. What I have seen of him doesn't lead me to believe he is the right guy for that (maybe I am wrong though). I would in no way, shape or form send picks to Chicago or another rental to take on Barker with his salary. 3rd round picks aren't that valuable (only 10-15% of 3rd rounders make it to be regular NHL players) so it's not that, I am just not sold on Barker at $3M / year.

I agree that something needs to be done on Defense for the Canes in the next couple years. At least 2 top 4 guys need to be acquired (FA or trade), I'm just not convinced Barker is the answer.

Old
02-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Corvo + Picks is fine
I'm sure it is from the Hawk's end I wouldn't do it from a Canes end..but who knows, our GM may (especially if Barker is a guy he has liked).

Old
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

if barker was up for trade id definitely part with a first rounder for him... probably not a top 5-6, but definitely 15 and down its a no brainer.

cant see chicago having much interest in corvo. unless im forgetting something hes been on waivers a couple times hasnt he? i think hes been a huge disappointment in his last couple stops and he may be getting a few points on a horrible carolina team this year, but someone has to get points. if hes on the ice 25 mins a game, some pucks are going to bounce his way now and again.

if he actually was a stud... his team would win more

so i think corvo would probably suck when put to the test in chicago like he has every other time he has been called upon to be more then a shakey 4-5 guy.

if chicago really wanted a guy like this... theres a few available. barker should be viewed as a top 5 pick that hasnt had a chance to shine cause hes buried 5 deep on the stronest blueline in hockey. if hes dealth he should be worth a first rounder from many teams that would gladly give up a first for him

if i was boston... id deal next years first and wideman for barker and one of those young guys they might be willing to part with up front.

wideman isnt on an expiring contract... but he recently was being called a norris worthy guy this time last year. he obviously struggled this year, but he would be tradable by chicago again after this year's playoffs are over.

chicago would end up with a first... probably a second id guess at the very least... and i think thats worth more to them then a third. and corvo imho on his best day isnt as good as wideman at half speed so it comes down to what would other teams offer.

even if chicago is forced to deal barker they will get alot more then corvo and a 3rd for him

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
nickschultzfan

I'm sure Corvo would love it.

He's from Oak Park, Il. Which is like a 5 minute drive from the United Center.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
cant see chicago having much interest in corvo. unless im forgetting something hes been on waivers a couple times hasnt he? i think hes been a huge disappointment in his last couple stops and he may be getting a few points on a horrible carolina team this year, but someone has to get points. if hes on the ice 25 mins a game, some pucks are going to bounce his way now and again.

so i think corvo would probably suck when put to the test in chicago like he has every other time he has been called upon to be more then a shakey 4-5 guy.
What the hell are you talking about? None of this makes any sense. No clue who you're thinking of but the player you're describing is not Corvo.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I'm sure Corvo would love it.

He's from Oak Park, Il. Which is like a 5 minute drive from the United Center.
Yep. I'm sure Joe would love to play in Chicago. Joe and his wife spend their summers in Chicago.

Give me first and prospect .

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
if barker was up for trade id definitely part with a first rounder for him... probably not a top 5-6, but definitely 15 and down its a no brainer.
There's so much wrong with this post, that I should probably just ignore it..but oh well..here goes.

no brainer? Are you saying this because of the fact that he was a top draft pick in the past? or based on his play? Just curious why you think a 1st rounder is a no brainer. No way I'd trade a 1st round pick for Barker at $3M / year. Not saying some GM won't do that, but it is by no means a no brainer.

Quote:
cant see chicago having much interest in corvo. unless im forgetting something hes been on waivers a couple times hasnt he?
No, he has not been on Waivers

Quote:
i think hes been a huge disappointment in his last couple stops
No, he has not been a huge disappointment. He was a DMAN that was getting the most minutes on a team last year that made it to the ECF and was a solid contributor. In fact, the Canes have been fairly happy with him.

Quote:
and he may be getting a few points on a horrible carolina team this year, but someone has to get points. if hes on the ice 25 mins a game, some pucks are going to bounce his way now and again.
If you cared to research or watch any games, you would have known that he was injured for a large stretch (cut by a skate) and is recently back from injury. Some "pucks" aren't "bouncing his way". He has consistently put up 35-45 points over the last 4 years.

Quote:
If he was a "stud", the Canes would ask for a lot more. Also, it is hard for any "stud" to will his team to win more when he is on IR.

I'd recommend that you either research a topic before posting or don't post if you don't know the player.

Quote:
Just like last year for the Canes?

Quote:
if chicago really wanted a guy like this... theres a few available. barker should be viewed as a top 5 pick that hasnt had a chance to shine cause hes buried 5 deep on the stronest blueline in hockey. if hes dealth he should be worth a first rounder from many teams that would gladly give up a first for him.
Sure...a guy getting paid 3M and is barely holding on to the 6 spot and getting 10min / game. He's had chances to shine, and others have outplayed him. Good luck getting a first for a $3m / year #5/6 DMAN.

Quote:
if i was boston... id deal next years first and wideman for barker and one of those young guys they might be willing to part with up front.

wideman isnt on an expiring contract... but he recently was being called a norris worthy guy this time last year. he obviously struggled this year, but he would be tradable by chicago again after this year's playoffs are over.
What? Tradeable after this year? How so..the guy makes $4M a year. It is by no means a slam dunk that he could be traded given his play.

Old
02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

i can't believe this thread is real....lol

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote