HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Perezhogin have a chance this year...?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Does Perezhogin have a chance this year...?

Or is he a few years away...?

When will Kastistyn come to camp...next year..?

They need Perezhogin's goal scoring ability I say throw him in the fire...but that's just me...

What do you guys think...?

Old
09-24-2003, 05:34 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
There's no doubt he can score, but where does he play? Audette (), Zednik, Ward, and, most likely Ryder will be the four right wingers on the team.

I've heard the Perezhogin also looks small and was lost at Pierre Fonds. He played better vs. Toronto apparently, but some quality time with Plekanec/Balej/Hossa etc in Hamilton would probably be the ideal situation for him.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

From what I saw of him in camp I don't think there's the slightliest chance he begins with us. It would be different if we didn't have all those veterans but with the present situation, he'll likely start in Hamilton.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:02 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

he's not ready. period.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Guy!

I'll just toss this out there, (I think I might have already in another thread, or maybe it was just in my head ) but when you see the progress he's made from the first game in the rookie tournament, where he was one of the worst players on the ice, to now, where Julien is actually talking about how quickly he's adapting, I'd have to say I'm incredibly pleased.

Does this mean he'll start the season in Montreal? Highly doubtful. But I can see him getting at least a handful of games later in the season, particularly if the injury bug does it's usual trick with the team.

I'm just so impressed and pleased at his progress in a few short weeks...

A concerned fan.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
nilan1

Does Perezhogin have a chance this year..?

No he needs atleast one yr on North American ice and the different rules to adjust. Also for those that mention Ryder as a right winger which gives us four on the right well Ryder can also play left wing but Pery will notmake it anyway for the reason that I've stated above.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:18 PM
tinyzombies

I thought Perezhogin was a left winger?

It's unfortunate that his name is Perezhogin and he is a puck hog.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:27 AM
red alert 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
He's not ready yet but it's nothing to do with lack of talent/skill. He needs first and foremost to adapt to NA hockey and he needs to gain a few pounds and get stronger.

I'm 100% sure he'll be called up sometime this year though. =D
Have to agree with you ! He will get his chance during the year but for now some other young guns are ahead of him at this point ; Ryder/Ferland

Old
09-25-2003, 03:03 AM
habsfan11

I dont think he will start in Mtl even if he does look ready, there is no sense in rushing this kid along, let him play in hamilton for a bit, and if he dominates down there, then bring him up towards the end of the season, if not, let him spend a season down there. Boucing between the nhl and ahl isnt good for a kids confidence

Old
09-25-2003, 03:08 AM
AK-47

He had a decent game against the laffs, but he isn't quite there yet. He'd be best served by playing atleast the start of the year with the hamilton bulldogs.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:04 AM
Habber

I've only seen the game against TO, and judging from that game I would say he isn't NHL ready. The skills are definately there, but as many have said before he needs to adjust to the NA game.

I would imagine he's having trouble with smaller rinks, as a few times against TO he tried to dance in one and two and looked as if he expected to beat both guys. Unless your names MArio it ain't gonna happen. He has to realize there's not nearly as much space here, especially considering the size of the d men in the NHL.

I would say he has a shot at a callup though, depending on how quickly he catches on, but having said that I don't think a full yr in the A would hurt at all. Look how long it took Markov to adjust.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Howie Morenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I thought Perezhogin was a left winger?

It's unfortunate that his name is Perezhogin and he is a puck hog.

Closed Thread