HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

1/13/2009 - Syvret (Separated Shoulder) and Hartnell (Flu) -- CSN update: post #79

Old
01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Yeah I figured out later in the interview it was MacLean. He's probably lucky it was a phone interview because Hatsy should have punched him in the face if it were in person.

OT: Is that Kingsley from "Sexy Beast" in your avy? Love him in that movie.
Lol...class isn't really MacLean's forte.

OT: Yep, Kinsley as Don Logan...a very memorable character!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah I wouldnt hate Cote in Tomorrow, but one of the other forwards will have to double shift

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Not only is dressing Cote basically making your bench short for an entire game, it affects the team's ability to roll four lines, which has been a key pillar in their recent success.

I still have no idea why he's on the team. He should be a Phantom.
I was thinking the other day that PL isn't so much against fighting (obviously) as he is against having a worthless goon ****ing up his ability to roll 4 lines.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I was thinking the other day that PL isn't so much against fighting (obviously) as he is against having a worthless goon ****ing up his ability to roll 4 lines.
Yep. With the amount of energy used to play his system, they really need a 4th line that can actually play.

Sucks, because Cote's a great guy and knows his role and seems like he's just happy to be there.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:09 PM
BernieParent

Like most others, I'd prefer seeing what Pyorala can do than 2 min of Cote. Sit Cote in the dressing room and, if the Leaves take liberties with the Flyers, give Cote Pyorala's jersey and let him run somebody and take his usual beating.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:18 PM
HoverCarle*

Yeah well with OKT, Asham, Carcillo, Lapperiere we should be okay for fighting anyway, Maybe OKT can take on Orr

Old
01-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah well with OKT, Asham, Carcillo, Lapperiere we should be okay for fighting anyway, Maybe OKT can take on Orr
Or Exelby. Pretty cool to see dman on dman. Haven't seen OKT fight a lot, is he on the same level as Orr?

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:29 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Yep. With the amount of energy used to play his system, they really need a 4th line that can actually play.

Sucks, because Cote's a great guy and knows his role and seems like he's just happy to be there.
what is Cote's role? to get punched in the face by the other teams "goon"?

I agree whoever said we shouldnt respond to them trying to goon it up. I guess they werent happy the Flyers kicked their ass the last time. Fine goon it up with Orr and Rosehill ect. Let em take stupid penalties, we will play our game and run them out of the building tomorrow night.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:30 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Or Exelby. Pretty cool to see dman on dman. Haven't seen OKT fight a lot, is he on the same level as Orr?
No, but I don't think he is shy. He's a big guy and a good fighter

Old
01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
No, but I don't think he is shy. He's a big guy and a good fighter
Yeah, he's not worthless at fighting and better than Cote at hockey. Though, when healthy, I'd rather them both be out of the lineup. People also forget that when Pronger is on the ice most people tend to behave themselves. And, no, I don't want him fighting or off the ice for 5 minutes in a close game. But, even though he isn't into the staged fight ********, he will destroy just about anyone in the league at any given time if necessary.

Carcillo, Asham, Lappy can handle most of the league anyway. And Pronger and Richards will fight when it is called for.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Black Ice

[QUOTE=FireHolmgrenDotCom;23184838]what is Cote's role? to get punched in the face by the other teams "goon"?

I agree whoever said we shouldnt respond to them trying to goon it up. I guess they werent happy the Flyers kicked their ass the last time. Fine goon it up with Orr and Rosehill ect. Let em take stupid penalties, we will play our game and run them out of the building tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

This. The points come from scoring not fighting so let the Wings bring out their goons and the Flyers can light them up with goals.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
what is Cote's role? to get punched in the face by the other teams "goon"?

I agree whoever said we shouldnt respond to them trying to goon it up. I guess they werent happy the Flyers kicked their ass the last time. Fine goon it up with Orr and Rosehill ect. Let em take stupid penalties, we will play our game and run them out of the building tomorrow night.
Basically. He's an extra body for practice and a good locker room guy and teammate. He doesn't complain about his limited playing time and he's active in team events and functions.

Just isn't a NHL caliber player.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Yeah, he's not worthless at fighting and better than Cote at hockey. Though, when healthy, I'd rather them both be out of the lineup. People also forget that when Pronger is on the ice most people tend to behave themselves. And, no, I don't want him fighting or off the ice for 5 minutes in a close game. But, even though he isn't into the staged fight ********, he will destroy just about anyone in the league at any given time if necessary.

Carcillo, Asham, Lappy can handle most of the league anyway. And Pronger and Richards will fight when it is called for.
The only way I want to see a pair of black gloves on the ice is if a guy is standing up for his teammates. Even then, it better be worth it

Old
01-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Just type Tollefsen on youtube, tons of fights there. He's been living in the weight room this season, and 220 pounds should help, but I think he'll have his hands full with Orr, probably a great fight though. OKT and Cote are listed as light heavyweights on hockeyfight sites btw.

But I want Tolly to play good hockey, control his temper and only fight if necessary. Will be interesting to see him against the Blue Jackets next week if he plays, his old teammates for five years. At least we should beat them, they really do struggle this season.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:51 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Yeah I wouldnt hate Cote in Tomorrow, but one of the other forwards will have to double shift
Not like Richards has never done that before. And I'd feel confident with Giroux or Briere double shifting as well if needed. Even Carter.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Not like Richards has never done that before. And I'd feel confident with Giroux or Briere double shifting as well if needed. Even Carter.
I think PL has double-shifted Carter more than Richards or Briere this season, right?

Old
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I think PL has double-shifted Carter more than Richards or Briere this season, right?
I honestly don't know, but I'm willing to bet TOI for each player while under Lavy would be a good indicator.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Much more in the games I've watched.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

What's the latest with Syvret? Anyone heard or read anything recently about when he is expected to be back?

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
What's the latest with Syvret? Anyone heard or read anything recently about when he is expected to be back?
From Saturday, Philly.com:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/83701752.html

Quote:
Danny Syvret had contact yesterday during practice for the first time since being sidelined by a shoulder injury on Jan. 12. General manager Paul Holmgren said it was "iffy" that he would be able to return before the Olympic break ends and the Flyers resume play on March 2. Ryan Parent, recovering from back surgery, also is making progress, Holmgren said.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Thanks a lot for the update. Guess it wound up being a lot worse than originally thought if it's "iffy" that he'll be ready by March 2. And I'm surprised he's already taking contact at practice if that's the case.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Good news but where will he play when he comes back?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote