HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Vancouver

Old
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Problem here is you are trying to solve all our problems in one deal and it ain't going to happen. There are only 2 players Dallas might deal that could fill our 3rd line C position: Steve Ott and Mike Modano (I highly doubt Nieuwendyk moves Modano). And we are not going to move a player who looks to be like he is on the cusp of being a top 6 Player (Grabner) Now if Dallas is interested in a Hansen + a pick for Ott then I think we have something otherwise we will use that package to get what we need from someone else.
I've said elsewhere I'd be interested in bringing Hansen in if the two teams make a swap. He's got decent size, right shot, and is Danish. We've got Larsen coming over to NA next year, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a countryman around.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Problem here is you are trying to solve all our problems in one deal and it ain't going to happen. There are only 2 players Dallas might deal that could fill our 3rd line C position: Steve Ott and Mike Modano (I highly doubt Nieuwendyk moves Modano). And we are not going to move a player who looks to be like he is on the cusp of being a top 6 Player (Grabner) Now if Dallas is interested in a Hansen + a pick for Ott then I think we have something otherwise we will use that package to get what we need from someone else.
I'd trade Ott for Schneider if I could.

Or Ott/Niskanen for Schneider/Hansen, or something.

02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
leftcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I'd trade Ott for Schneider if I could.

Or Ott/Niskanen for Schneider/Hansen, or something.
These are more like it, no sense on Vancouver giving up Grabner when he finally looks to becoming the player we want him to, especially with the general hate Dallas fans seem to have for Niskanen.

Ott and Vishnevski

Schneider, Hansen?

leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 01:54 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I've said elsewhere I'd be interested in bringing Hansen in if the two teams make a swap. He's got decent size, right shot, and is Danish. We've got Larsen coming over to NA next year, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a countryman around.
Maybe a Hansen & Schneider for Fistric swap? Hmmm....Hmmm?

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoaster View Post
These are more like it, no sense on Vancouver giving up Grabner when he finally looks to becoming the player we want him to, especially with the general hate Dallas fans seem to have for Niskanen.

Ott and Vishnevski

Schneider, Hansen?
Vishnevskiy is our next Zubov (hopefully! )

I highly doubt he's on the block.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
leftcoaster

Quote:
Vishnevskiy is our next Zubov (hopefully! )

I highly doubt he's on the block.
Schneider and Vishnevski are both AHL stars unproven NHL players with incredible promise, Hansen is a good 3rd line player rfa and can be resigned for a very reasonable deal, can fill void left by Ott leaving. For Van Ott is a rental as I can't see them keeping him on next year when we have young players to fill those spots and don't have the money to give him.

I included him because I can't see Gillis giving up Schneider for someone without equal promise, he is very loathe to move prospects and has made a point of filling roster spots from within and building our organizational depth, I don't see Niskanen as the same calibre of player as Schneider in a few years, and from what I hear it sounds like he is a barely acceptable player for you guys as it is now.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoaster View Post
Schneider and Vishnevski are both AHL stars unproven NHL players with incredible promise, Hansen is a good 3rd line player rfa and can be resigned for a very reasonable deal, can fill void left by Ott leaving. For Van Ott is a rental as I can't see them keeping him on next year when we have young players to fill those spots and don't have the money to give him.

I included him because I can't see Gillis giving up Schneider for someone without equal promise, he is very loathe to move prospects and has made a point of filling roster spots from within and building our organizational depth, I don't see Niskanen as the same calibre of player as Schneider in a few years, and from what I hear it sounds like he is a barely acceptable player for you guys as it is now.
Well if you're aware of how down on Niskanen the Stars board has been this year, then you should be equally aware of how most of us can't wait for Vish to make the roster.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Niskanen is probably right on the mark with respect to the value of C. Schneider. He sounds like a disappointment in the eyes of Dallas fans, but let's not remember that Cory hasn't exactly played lights out at the NHL level either. Both players (by the sounds of it) have some strides to make before they turn into quality players. I haven't a clue whether one is in line to be better than the other.

A one for one deal might have benefits were it to be completed now, only because the Canucks might like to leverage the depth Niskanen brings while Bieksa is still out. The problem is whether Nonis wants to try and shore up Moose goal tending right now given they're barely in the playoffs. In the end it seems equally convenient to make this deal on draft day or something like that.

Wellwood and Ott (with a pick somewhere to balance it out) might be another deal to be made here, but I would think Dallas wants to re-sign Ott more than Vancouver wants to re-sign Wellwood.

Ott/Demitra/[Bernier or Hansen]

I don't know if that line really excites me any more than what we have now, but sure I don't really have a problem with it. I get the sense Ott might play harder for a contract then Wellwood would.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
leftcoaster

Quote:
Well if you're aware of how down on Niskanen the Stars board has been this year, then you should be equally aware of how most of us can't wait for Vish to make the roster.
Nucks fans are the same way about Schneider, just that we have Luongo

I agree though Stars have a definite need for Vishnevski as well as a golatender

Honestly i just don't see the two working very well as trading partners unless it involves moving Bieksa as well. We don't really need another D man in the NHL right now (when everyone is healthy), and this trade takes away a player who can step up to a solid third line role for us next year in Hansen.

What bout Scott Glennie>? He is the only other player I would have interest in personally, and so far does not seem to have been mentioned as an untouchable and has less organizational value than Schneider would.

Maybe

Schneider, Hansen, 3rd

Ott, Glennie (Ott as a rental)

Old
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Niskanen is probably right on the mark with respect to the value of C. Schneider. He sounds like a disappointment in the eyes of Dallas fans, but let's not remember that Cory hasn't exactly played lights out at the NHL level either. Both players (by the sounds of it) have some strides to make before they turn into quality players. I haven't a clue whether one is in line to be better than the other.

A one for one deal might have benefits were it to be completed now, only because the Canucks might like to leverage the depth Niskanen brings while Bieksa is still out. The problem is whether Nonis wants to try and shore up Moose goal tending right now given they're barely in the playoffs. In the end it seems equally convenient to make this deal on draft day or something like that.

Wellwood and Ott (with a pick somewhere to balance it out) might be another deal to be made here, but I would think Dallas wants to re-sign Ott more than Vancouver wants to re-sign Wellwood.

Ott/Demitra/[Bernier or Hansen]

I don't know if that line really excites me any more than what we have now, but sure I don't really have a problem with it. I get the sense Ott might play harder for a contract then Wellwood would.
I don't see a team with Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro, and Mike Modano have any interest in Kyle Wellwood. They would have interest in Hansen who brings more toughness (less than Ott though), quality defensive play, and speed on the wing.
I believe we'd have to either lose Wellwood on Waivers or have him on the farm for the rest of the year.

I would be willing to do a Niskanen/Ott for Hansen/Schneider type trade gives us what we need and another Quality D to develop on the backend.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
I don't see a team with Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro, and Mike Modano have any interest in Kyle Wellwood. They would have interest in Hansen who brings more toughness (less than Ott though), quality defensive play, and speed on the wing.
I believe we'd have to either lose Wellwood on Waivers or have him on the farm for the rest of the year.

I would be willing to do a Niskanen/Ott for Hansen/Schneider type trade gives us what we need and another Quality D to develop on the backend.
I don't know why Niskanen has been brought in... Vancouver really doesn't need him at all. If were giving up Schneider we need a better prospect coming back; Ott and Hansen should still be included.

blank/Ott for Schneider/Hansen... I would think we'd need someone good here to make this work, not just a throw in prospect.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote