HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Tom KÜHNHACKL

Old
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Looks like Kuhnhackl scored 2 goals in his last game. I just follow his stats, so I'm not sure if this was last night or Saturday, but either way.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Looks like Kuhnhackl scored 2 goals in his last game. I just follow his stats, so I'm not sure if this was last night or Saturday, but either way.
Sunday.
This is a nice site to follow the games:
http://www.eishockey.info/eishockey/...51&spieltag=40

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Ottomatic

Spits have a big announcement they're going to make this week regarding a player coming over - I have to believe it's about Kuhnhackl. Any rumblings on your side of the Atlantic?

Last edited by Ottomatic: 02-07-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Well, their forum won't le me join. The only thing they have up on their HP is that apparently 25 NHL scouts were at their last game?!

http://www.la-cannibals.com/cannibals/index.php

edit: Ok, it's working now, unfortunately bad news:

Apparently he's injured pretty badly after a slash to his wrist, there is talk about nerv damage,
he doesn't feel the top of his finger and maybe a broken wrist.

Last edited by JVR: 02-07-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old
02-07-2010, 07:48 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Well, their forum won't le me join. The only thing they have up on their HP is that apparently 25 NHL scouts were at their last game?!

http://www.la-cannibals.com/cannibals/index.php

edit: Ok, it's working now, unfortunately bad news:

Apparently he's injured pretty badly after a slash to his wrist, there is talk about nerv damage,
he doesn't feel the top of his finger and maybe a broken wrist.
Uh oh, that could mean permanent damage. I believe that's what happened to Dan Blackburn...anyone remember how that wound up?...

Old
02-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Dfire

In Landshuts victory over Dresden the 25 NHL scouts watched him score just 3 minutes in. He added another assist later.

Maximilian Forster scored as well and had an assist. Tobi Rieder had 2 assists.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Uh oh, that could mean permanent damage. I believe that's what happened to Dan Blackburn...anyone remember how that wound up?...
I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as bad. Having no feeling in your finger-tip is kind of common, that should be gone in a few days. Those small nerves do get damaged, but they heal rather quickly in most cases. Blackburn on the other hand, pretty much lost his shoulder.

Still very tough for him, those injuries are never good for a player, especially for such a young guy.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:09 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as bad. Having no feeling in your finger-tip is kind of common, that should be gone in a few days. Those small nerves do get damaged, but they heal rather quickly in most cases. Blackburn on the other hand, pretty much lost his shoulder.

Still very tough for him, those injuries are never good for a player, especially for such a young guy.
I'm hoping that this isn't a huge set back. 2nd injury already this season.

As for the scouts, I can't believe there were so many there. They were probably also there to see Reider and Forster, but its good to hear that he did well. Maybe that will give him some of the recognition he deserves.

Old
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Yeah, that's quite the number, maybe they also enjoy trips to Bavaria because of the beer.

Apparently some scouts were also there yesterday because of Martin Buchwieser of Munich.

http://www.abendzeitung.de/sport/ehc_muenchen/164070

Old
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

All-clear guys, apparently it's just a hematoma that's putting pressure on a nerv, he's not going to miss a lot of time, if any.

Old
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
smitty10

Quote:
All-clear guys, apparently it's just a hematoma that's putting pressure on a nerv, he's not going to miss a lot of time, if any.
Awesome! Good to hear! I hope the Leafs get a pick in the early 2nd/late first round and draft this guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Burke did, he apparently likes German players.

Old
02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
PlietscherDassel

Quote:
Awesome! Good to hear! I hope the Leafs get a pick in the early 2nd/late first round and draft this guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Burke did, he apparently likes German players.

PlietscherDassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 04:10 AM
cfaub

He will be coming to NA next season.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Ku...846/story.html

He has been expected to come at some point. Some thought this season, some next season.

cfaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 07:48 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

That's great.

I have no idea how good he is as I have never seen him play and you can't really judge a player from watching highlights but leaving no-contact German hockey and joining a proven junior club can only be good for his development.

I'd wish Fischer and Rieder would do the same.

Old
02-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hope he'll be a 1stRounder

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Looking at his stats it seems like he didn't really improve much compared to last year.
Did anyone watch him play? What are his strength?

Old
03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
EVL

Quote:
Looking at his stats it seems like he didn't really improve much compared to last year.
Did anyone watch him play? What are his strength?
I haven't seen him playing however reasons might be that he was injured at least two times for a certain period, last year I think he was on the ice with Ben Cottreau (6th best scorer in this league last season) and this year he is playing together with two youngsters around his age (17 and 19). And most of the season his team had more a defensive attitude.

EVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Injury status during Vlad Dzurilla

This tournament was from Feb. 11-13, about a week after the injury.

Interested to know if it might have been a factor in his play during this tournament in Slovakia. He played, but did not impress -- at least he didn't impress Kyle Woodlief.

Link

I wonder if Woodlief was aware of the injury. Also, dismissing a player based on one three-game tournament is a cardinal sin among scouts. Although, the comment "blew his one big chance" could be taken a different way. Woodlief might not be dismissing Kuhnhackl as a prospect. He might only be saying that he missed a chance to solidify his position as a first-round prospect.

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
I wonder if Woodlief was aware of the injury. Also, dismissing a player based on one three-game tournament is a cardinal sin among scouts. Although, the comment "blew his one big chance" could be taken a different way. Woodlief might not be dismissing Kuhnhackl as a prospect. He might only be saying that he missed a chance to solidify his position as a first-round prospect.
i think that's what he meant. kuhnhackl is the same skilled prospect, not matter if he goes 1st round or 5th round. that doesn't change anything. i personally don't care where he goes, i don't think it's important for germany to have a 1st round draftee, i think it's way more important that a good franchise drafts him and gives him the best change to develop and succeed.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Fatturdmanshark
Crosscheck your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i think that's what he meant. kuhnhackl is the same skilled prospect, not matter if he goes 1st round or 5th round. that doesn't change anything. i personally don't care where he goes, i don't think it's important for germany to have a 1st round draftee, i think it's way more important that a good franchise drafts him and gives him the best change to develop and succeed.
exactly....San Jose.

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:01 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Trying to find a contact email for Landshut to try and purchase a Kuhnhackl trikot. I can't seem to find a contact and there online shop is down for now. Anyone know their contact email I know Augsburg will ship to USA,but I'd rather get a Landshut Kuhnhackl since that is where he recieved his training.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Trying to find a contact email for Landshut to try and purchase a Kuhnhackl trikot. I can't seem to find a contact and there online shop is down for now. Anyone know their contact email I know Augsburg will ship to USA,but I'd rather get a Landshut Kuhnhackl since that is where he recieved his training.
will send you a PM.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 01:33 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Did he attend the combine? If so, how did he do?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Did he attend the combine? If so, how did he do?
Apparently he did, I thought I saw a link for full results, but this one has the top 10 for each of the various tests: http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...rm&app=combine

Kuhnhackl finished in the tied 5th of the Peak Power (anaerobic fitness) and tied 7th in the standing long jump.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 05:46 AM
EHCler

http://www.sport1.de/de/eishockey/ei...el_252066.html

Another article about Kühnhackl

He recogniced that it was a mistake to stay in Germany last season as he was not given enough ice time.

He also says that he wants get better in all aspects of the game and believes that will work best in Canada.

While he will not go first round anymore I think he will go late second to early third round. There are not that many Power forward prospects with similar upside.
Additionally compared to other Europeans the Germans do come over to the US to proove themselves.

EHCler is online now   Reply With Quote