Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You a few months ago said sign him for whatever he wants.

Then dont trade him

Then we got **** for him

Now your praising berg?

huh? I've liked Berg when he was on the Devils i always liked him and now that he's on my team i love him... wtf do u mean prasie him hes on my team and isnt a scrub i dont praise scrubs like pavelec and slater

I said sign Kovy for whatever he wanted cause were about to get moved. These idiot gm and coach dont know how to properly re-build or even build a team... now if we re-build correctly we will avoid going to Hamilton.

Old
02-09-2010, 04:54 AM
NWAvs

Im hoping this is why Kovy left.

Old
02-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Im hoping this is why Kovy left.
You mean because of ASFs flip-flopping? Maybe...

Old
02-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i dont think i want him back to be honest. we have a better shot at being successful without him imo

Old
02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
The Sneak

Give him some time to adjust folks. he still has the new player smell with the Devils. Give him some time to learn and acclimate to their system. Kovy played the way he did in Atlanta out of necessity. There were few other options. That sort of learned behavior over 8 years is tough to break in a week in a new spot. This time in New Jersey may be the best thing for him as a player. He wouldn't listen to Hartley and got his way removing the coach with the team mutiny. Wonder how he'll react to a coach that demands defensive accountability when he plays for a team that is not his?

Old
02-09-2010, 09:43 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
He wouldn't listen to Hartley and got his way removing the coach with the team mutiny.
I'm not at liberty to say much, but I will say this: the mutiny didn't start in 2007-08, and didn't start with Kovalchuk.

Right bark, wrong tree.

Old
02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I'm not at liberty to say much, but I will say this: the mutiny didn't start in 2007-08, and didn't start with Kovalchuk.

Right bark, wrong tree.
whats the point of holding back now? its all in the past. my guess is that it was Kozlov "the silent assassin" that started it

Old
02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Give him some time to adjust folks. he still has the new player smell with the Devils. Give him some time to learn and acclimate to their system. Kovy played the way he did in Atlanta out of necessity. There were few other options. That sort of learned behavior over 8 years is tough to break in a week in a new spot. This time in New Jersey may be the best thing for him as a player. He wouldn't listen to Hartley and got his way removing the coach with the team mutiny. Wonder how he'll react to a coach that demands defensive accountability when he plays for a team that is not his?

Well they already got him to untuck his jersey. So there's that.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
i dont think i want him back to be honest. we have a better shot at being successful without him imo
this

whoever wants him back for being over priced 10 mil per + just doesnt know hockey and doesn't understand what it takes to win... which is why i don't want him back unless it's for 8 mil per... i always put my team before the players and right now the team is going in the right direction... i wanted him re-signed for 10 mil per at a time because this team was faltering, i don't want him back anymore because Waddell really surprised me with the trade i really really love Bergfors and Cormier. Right now we have this team going in the right direction so i dont give a ___ what i said in the past about having to have him re-signed.... now is different and please Waddell your actually doing good right now keep it up.

Kovy sucks in Jersey, in the end we will be known as the team who won the trade. 8 and 9 shot games is just stupid he never did that here. and plus he won't even re-sign with them so in my eyes we won the trade. And lol NJD aren't even guaranteed to make it out of the first round so i don't understand why people are hating on Waddell. The return we got was amazing. Bergfors is gonna be a star.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
The Sneak

One could only imagine the comments if we lost that Florida game and Kovy started hot in NJ.

hfboards: Where opinions change more frequently than the weather

Old
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
KevFist
is best pony

The thing is, there's no such thing as winning trades... It's making moves for players your team needs.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

I think Kovalchuk is going to get exposed in NJ. All of the problems that we always knew he had, but were glossed over by folks who didn't watch the games, will come to the forefront. Kovalchuk didn't have to do it all by himself here, especially for the last four years. There's been plenty of other talent on the squad, but yet, selective memory (because those teams were bad) forget about all the quality offensive talent that have been on this squad. Still, his habits remained.

He's not going to suddenly change in NJ. Lemaire won't be able to break him, and he'll have to be very careful so that the team doesn't revolve around Kovalchuk. But it may not work; I won't be surprised at all if this trade winds up sabotaging the Devils' last great chance at a cup. Lou's not always a genius.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Hockey Biltong

Tinfoil hat

I like that train of thought. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, however with Kovy back in town, how do you address building a team with him??? Does become enlightened and brace the team concept.
I'd rather we just move on and spend our money elsewhere. We are closer to success than failure as a team. Notwithstanding the owners or gm.

Old
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Don't get me wrong Kovy is still top 5 player in the world but Darren Elliot said, it's time to move out and build with the team not with 1 player.

Waddell getting Bergfors renewed my hope in Thrashers and playoffs not only for this season but for next season and for a while.... after a week ago i was thinking we wouldn't make the playoffs untill 5 more seasons... boy what 1 move could do to the franchise... thank you Waddell. Rebuild properly!

Old
02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
He's not going to suddenly change in NJ. Lemaire won't be able to break him, and he'll have to be very careful so that the team doesn't revolve around Kovalchuk. But it may not work; I won't be surprised at all if this trade winds up sabotaging the Devils' last great chance at a cup. Lou's not always a genius.
It's already started. The fans are sick of the 'pass it to Kovy' show. Check some of the other sites and talkbacks on news articles.

Closed Thread