HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Proposals and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2010, 10:02 AM
WVP

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline Proposals and Rumors

Fedotenko + Jeffrey + 2nd is the new Ryder + Halak + 2nd.....

Have at it, ladies.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:03 AM
WVP

One question I have, do we have anywhere near enough space to add a decent winger and reinforce the defense?

Or are we looking at sending some salary down to WBS a la Satan?

Old
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
wej20

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=26

According to cap geek we have $2,318,291 of space for an acquisition (full season). So I guess that means we can only acquire one player unless we move Fedotenko or Dupuis.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=26

According to cap geek we have $2,318,291 of space for an acquisition (full season). So I guess that means we can only acquire one player unless we move Fedotenko or Dupuis.
That number goes up too the longer we wait till the trade deadline.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
johnniewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
One question I have, do we have anywhere near enough space to add a decent winger and reinforce the defense?

Or are we looking at sending some salary down to WBS a la Satan?
I think we're really going to need to consider trading Dupuis for picks/prospects or waiving one of Fedotenko/Guerin if we want to add a player on both offense and defense.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalker View Post
I think we're really going to need to consider trading Dupuis for picks/prospects or waiving one of Fedotenko/Guerin if we want to add a player on both offense and defense.
or better yet, have them as throw ins in a trade

Old
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
LAPenguin

Quote:
If it came down to those three I would have to think it would be Fedotenko. Dupuis has been far more valuable this year than he has. Hopefully Shero can pull another rabbit out of the hat this deadline.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I don't think there is much question we will have to move a salary to be able to fit both a winger and defenseman. Also, whoever gets called up this week for our remaining three games will be sent down for the two-week break for sure. I also think we're going to waive Skoula after the Preds game, which would also save us a little cap space during the break.

I'd move Fedotenko way before I'd consider moving Dupuis or Guerin right now, unless of course there's a trade out there that you just have to take.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if 2-3 guys on the current roster are traded, in the case of acquiring both D and F. It's simple math. I don't think anyone but Skoula has a chance at being waived. As bad as they've been Feds and Guerin have enough pedigree that they could be added into deals in return for picks or prospects.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
regard

Anyone think Talbot might get moved?
Wouldnt give us much cap relief but as close as we are to the cap...
Its gonna be interesting to see what we can do.

Anyone figure why we havnt waived Skoula already? I guess to keep a 7th Dman around but with all home games from here on shouldnt be too hard to call up Lovejoy when needed.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Anyone think Talbot might get moved?

I would say anyone not named Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Rupp, Cooke, Orpik, Gonchar, Eaton, Letang, or Fleury...

...can be considered fair game / trade bait for the right combination of assets coming back.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
wej20

My dream situation would be to use our current space to acquire Ponikarovksy and then some how acquire Leopold from the Panthers (which would involve losing Skoula and Dupuis/Fedotenko)

Old
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
gialloneri
Hypno-Brooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
I would say anyone not named Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Rupp, Cooke, Orpik, Gonchar, Eaton, Letang, or Fleury...

...can be considered fair game / trade bait for the right combination of assets coming back.
I have a growing suspicion that Gonchar may be available for trade this season now as well. Given our cap situation, our team needs, the fact that there are very few true "sellers" but a lot of bubble teams that may look for a re-tool (sort of like us and Anaheim in the Kunitz-Whitney deal last year), and that Gonch is not really providing us as much value for the contract as what we may be able to get in a trade, I don't think Shero hangs up the phone if someone comes calling for a Gonchar trade.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:58 AM
cadow

id love to get kariya but for a rental is be like getting hossa again... but we need atleast a scoring winger and a good defensmen simple as that if we have to trade gogo or dupuis or someone in wbs we should... mckee and gogo as your shut down guys just doesnt work ... eaton and mckee together maybe?... and then u got gogo and letang being together >_< oi vey but gonchar gogo orpik letang worked before... why not try it... also with us i guess wanting to keep letestu up here we gotta get rid of the dead weight... like adams feds dupuis and maybe rupp...guerin still got it ya he lazy at times but why not keep the old man... and 2 why are there lets trade kunitz talks... ?... we got him for a reason and hes fine... just came back from injury.... we'll see how today is... soo just my take keep the crosby line but find someone to play with malkin and staal and we should be ok

Old
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
cadow

i think if we trade talbot there will be riots in the streets... damn teenage girls... cause we coudl get something good back for him...

Old
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadow View Post
id love to get kariya but for a rental is be like getting hossa again... but we need atleast a scoring winger and a good defensmen simple as that if we have to trade gogo or dupuis or someone in wbs we should... mckee and gogo as your shut down guys just doesnt work ... eaton and mckee together maybe?... and then u got gogo and letang being together >_< oi vey but gonchar gogo orpik letang worked before... why not try it... also with us i guess wanting to keep letestu up here we gotta get rid of the dead weight... like adams feds dupuis and maybe rupp...guerin still got it ya he lazy at times but why not keep the old man... and 2 why are there lets trade kunitz talks... ?... we got him for a reason and hes fine... just came back from injury.... we'll see how today is... soo just my take keep the crosby line but find someone to play with malkin and staal and we should be ok
Free english lessons.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
cadow

>_< thanks....

Old
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadow View Post
i think if we trade talbot there will be riots in the streets... damn teenage girls... cause we coudl get something good back for him...
I think Talbot has a chance of getting dealt. A UFA like Fedotenko isn't bringing anyone of value back IMO, guys like Dupuis and Talbot might actually have value as they are an asset for next year. Of those two, Talbot hasn't been a factor all year for us so we wouldn't be affecting the roster much (locker room is a different story).

Old
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
I think Talbot has a chance of getting dealt. A UFA like Fedotenko isn't bringing anyone of value back IMO, guys like Dupuis and Talbot might actually have value as they are an asset for next year. Of those two, Talbot hasn't been a factor all year for us so we wouldn't be affecting the roster much (locker room is a different story).
I'd imagine there would be more interest in Dupuis than Superstar purely based on how Max has struggled this season. It depends who we're dealing to though as a rebuilding team might prefer Max who is younger and more versatile.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
pensown

Imo, Andy Sutton has to be a Penguin before the trade deadline. He is exactly what we need on defense and is very affordable.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gialloneri View Post
I have a growing suspicion that Gonchar may be available for trade this season now as well. Given our cap situation, our team needs, the fact that there are very few true "sellers" but a lot of bubble teams that may look for a re-tool (sort of like us and Anaheim in the Kunitz-Whitney deal last year), and that Gonch is not really providing us as much value for the contract as what we may be able to get in a trade, I don't think Shero hangs up the phone if someone comes calling for a Gonchar trade.
Gonchar has a No Trade Clause I dont think this will happen unless he agrees to go to another contender. Still we'd then need a really good two-way defender or two defenders.
I could definatly see us not getting him back in which case I hope at the deadline we get a Dman who is likely to stay, one who fills a role we need.

Quote:
Whoa, okay.
Kariya cant happen this year, way too much money. Maybe in the offseason, I could see it happening.
Kariya certainly wouldnt cost what Hossa did, especially with that salary. I could see him going to a team like the Yotes or Avalanche or Islanders, whoever can afford him for now.

McKee and GoGo were never meant to be our "shutdown guys" just because thier the last pairing. Were built to have one offensive dman on each line. Eaton and McKee have recently been together, I dont think it works.
If we trade GoGo itll be for something good.

Dupuis is not deadweight, he could get sent away in a trade but not because hes holding us back.
Adams is okay, hes so cheap we cant expect much more, if we can upgrade him for cheap or replace him with Letestu it wouldnt be terrible though.
Fedex and Guerin could go to clear space if need be but I doubt all those people go at once.
Dont consider Rupp deadweight either, even if he hasnt scored much lately hes already surpassed his season high so were lucky with what we got already.

IDK why theres "trade Kunitz" talks, same reason theres "trade Staal" talks I guess.

If your suggesting Letang Orpik I like that pairing and could see it being next years top. But Gonchar GoGo would be bad IMO.

Quote:
If it helps us Shero will still do it, he traded Armstong and let Malone go.
Itd help if we DO trade him to get something kinda flashy back, to get people excited, but Im not sure he'd even care about that. In a midst of the push for the playoffs fans will deal with it.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
davemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
That isnt a huge amount of room, certainly not enough to brint in both the Defenceman and Winger most fans are looking for.

Its tricky to find more room, when you really look at the roster you wonder who exactly you would want to lose.

Fedotenko isnt having the kind of year he had last year so he might be one that could be moved on but with his excellent playoff history you kind of want to find a way to keep him around.

Talbot hasnt had a good year with injuries but i dont think anybody wants to see one of the teams heart and soul guys moved on.

Skoula could be waived and a little money saved there, get us to almost $3mill of cap room.

Still going to be really difficult to find a winger for Malkin and a sound bottom pairing Dman with only $3mill to spare.

Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin
Fedotenko - Malkin - ??????
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Dupius - Talbot - Rupp

with Adams in reserve.

Gonchar - Orpik
Eaton - Letang
Goligoski - ??????

With McKee in reserve.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gialloneri View Post
Gonchar has a no trade claus so he would have to waive that right to be moved.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
regard

I think Dupuis is fine in the top six when hes playing with Staal and Malkin. He brings the perfect compliment and doesnt need to be a finisher.

So the question becomes do we keep Letestu as the 3rd line center so early in his Pro career going into the playoffs? Probably not. So Tkachuk, Cullen, Ott would all be good to get, and theres no "winger situation" anymore.
Letestu can then center two of Rupp, Adams, Talbot and Fedentenko.

If Dupuis is sent the other way, put Talbot and/or Rupp with Malkin and Staal.

So one of Fedex, Talbot or Dupuis can be sent away in trade.

Then we just need an upgrade on D.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
Imo, Andy Sutton has to be a Penguin before the trade deadline. He is exactly what we need on defense and is very affordable.
Yeah I like him a lot too.

I'm not sure its the right move but if the Pens do move Gonch maybe its to clear up cap space for bringing in a player like Patrice Bergeron. Pipe dream? Maybe... but nows a good a time as any to go after him. Plus that pushes down Billy G or Kunitz to play with Malkin. IMO Malkins slower tempo of game would really work out well for those two.

Closed Thread