HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Panic MOde!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 03:39 PM
sundaystar

vCash: 500
Panic MOde!!!

Too many hab fans are already crying about montreal and how they need a new coach, new system, need to make a trade. The team is finally building. I read a few posts where people were crying about the leafs beating us in the preseason!! who cares WE ARE REBUILDING. why would you want us to finish 8th and continue to have a medicore team. We finally have good management, a good farm system, good propects but we have to wait 2 to 3 more years for our young players to develop. The only thing one should complain about is work ethic! If players are not working hard then *****! but at least wait until the new season starts.
Another thing for those of you who think CJ may be the problem i challenge you to explain why his system is so bad? CJ has already stated that the team is still learning his system and that they are progressing(CJ System thread)

And be prepared because this is going to be a long season if you think we are going to have a really good team. I personally hope we tank the year and finally get a superstar prospect(OV).

Old
09-24-2003, 03:42 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
Too many hab fans are already crying about montreal and how they need a new coach, new system, need to make a trade. The team is finally building. I read a few posts where people were crying about the leafs beating us in the preseason!! who cares WE ARE REBUILDING. why would you want us to finish 8th and continue to have a medicore team. We finally have good management, a good farm system, good propects but we have to wait 2 to 3 more years for our young players to develop. The only thing one should complain about is work ethic! If players are not working hard then *****! but at least wait until the new season starts.
Another thing for those of you who think CJ may be the problem i challenge you to explain why his system is so bad? CJ has already stated that the team is still learning his system and that they are progressing(CJ System thread)

And be prepared because this is going to be a long season if you think we are going to have a really good team. I personally hope we tank the year and finally get a superstar prospect(OV).
And you call yourself a Habs fan?

Seriously, what's with all these posts about our team? It's like preseason and we lost each game by ONE GOAL!!!! For god's sake, can you just relax and see where things go in the regular season. This is the time to fiddle with lines, play young players to determine their future with the organization and see what you will bring to the table when the regular season starts.

So go privately hope that they tank to land a superstar while I openly hope that we do make the playoffs with our current lineup and cheer them on as a real fan.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:51 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
And you call yourself a Habs fan?

Seriously, what's with all these posts about our team? It's like preseason and we lost each game by ONE GOAL!!!! For god's sake, can you just relax and see where things go in the regular season. This is the time to fiddle with lines, play young players to determine their future with the organization and see what you will bring to the table when the regular season starts.

So go privately hope that they tank to land a superstar while I openly hope that we do make the playoffs with our current lineup and cheer them on as a real fan.

If you read my post i am saying too many hab fans are complaining about the team when it is only the preseason. Just because we might finish in the bottom of the league doesnt' mean we won't have an exciting team. We will have a team similar to Florida last year where we lose alot of games by 1 or 2 goals. Thats still exciting hockey. If the habs do tank the year are you still going to consider yourself a habs fan? Just because i look at the team realisticly doesn mean i am not a habs fan.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:13 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
If you read my post i am saying too many hab fans are complaining about the team when it is only the preseason. Just because we might finish in the bottom of the league doesnt' mean we won't have an exciting team. We will have a team similar to Florida last year where we lose alot of games by 1 or 2 goals. Thats still exciting hockey. If the habs do tank the year are you still going to consider yourself a habs fan? Just because i look at the team realisticly doesn mean i am not a habs fan.
The fact that you are hoping that we "tank" the year makes you a non-Habs fan. No true fan ever wishes their team to lose even if it involves the possibility of adding a top prospect. You just don't wish that on your team.

Sure, there is a pretty good chance that we lose more games than we win but I still won't hope we finish in the bottom 5 to get a top prospect. I'm still going to hope they play hard every night and try to win and get into the playoffs.

I understand you were pointing out many positives (after re-reading your post) but that last line just did it for me.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:28 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
The fact that you are hoping that we "tank" the year makes you a non-Habs fan. No true fan ever wishes their team to lose even if it involves the possibility of adding a top prospect. You just don't wish that on your team.

Sure, there is a pretty good chance that we lose more games than we win but I still won't hope we finish in the bottom 5 to get a top prospect. I'm still going to hope they play hard every night and try to win and get into the playoffs.

I understand you were pointing out many positives (after re-reading your post) but that last line just did it for me.

of course when i watch the CH play i don't cheer for them to lose. But if i look at the idea of us rebuilding over several years i would rather tank now and not tomorrow.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:02 AM
8b

I don't beleive in that "rebuilding" minding, if the team is rebuilding why there was no trade this summer? In today's hockey every team is rebuilding their line up year after year. The team isn't rebuilding at all, they are deconstructing the team. When i think of rebuilding, I think adding assets to the team but in fact there is less players this year than last season. Making play rookies that the team already have isn't rebuilding, it is patching holes.

Big franchise think more about present instead of future. This rebuilding thing is in fact trashing the team to have less $$$ to spend (like Pittsburg). Be happy, the rookies will have plenty of ice time to show you experience is the key of success in NHL... You may believe in miracle and think the habs may do the same than the Wild last season, it is your belief and it may happen but the chance are slim to none.

Is it the end of the dynasty?

Old
09-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Corey

This team is just a few players short of being a playoff team, and there are a number of GMs who wouldn't mind having some of the Habs prospects. But because we have them doesn't mean that they're ready to step on the ice and play like contenders. They're inexperienced. As for fundamental personnel weaknesses, there's only one really troubling one, enough centermen who play up to NHL standards. The others, such as lack of size and a fearsome goon, are secondary considerations. Every year some teams with both of these qualities miss the playoffs.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Howie Morenz

Quote:

I was enjoying your post up to the point where you mentioned the words"tank the season". :mad: I'm thinking this was only said in frustration. As Hab fans let's support the team,even if we have to cheer for Brisebois.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:40 AM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
I was enjoying your post up to the point where you mentioned the words"tank the season". :mad: I'm thinking this was only said in frustration. As Hab fans let's support the team,even if we have to cheer for Brisebois.

I did say it in frustration! When i say tank the season i am not implying the team to bend over and take one in the ass! I was assuming the team isn't a cup contending team and believe this year is a experience year for our younger players. The reason this TANK THE SEASON came to mind was because so many posters were upset at the team no winning 3 preseason games. It is just that my expections are not AS high for the team this year(less of a chance to be disappointed). When i watch the habs play i NEVER hope they lose.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
I agree completely with sundaystar.

When I watch the Habs this season I will be cheering them on to win and getting pissed off when we they lose. BUT, in the long run its probably better to miss the playoffs and stock up on some more youngsters.

Closed Thread