HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: FROLOV

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Is this guy a legit source or is he another Garrioch?
He's a real journalist and not even Garrioch (hell or Eklund) claims that a trade is finalized when it isn't. We'll know by deadline day if he's legit or not given he was definitive.

Old
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
Let's not turn this into a bash fest about Max Pacioretty.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I would hardly call last year a good rookie season. He had a good 2 weeks when he was called up and disappeared. Just like Dags. Pac has not even had AHL success and has been downright awful in the nhl. I am quickly losing confidence in this guy and if there is a Frolov/Pac deal on the table Gauthier better take it.
He has the tools to be a top 6 NHL forward, he has size and skates well, he just needs to be given time to develop his offensive game in the AHL. He was rushed out of NCAA and again at 20 out of the AHL. He should be a rookie in the AHL THIS YEAR after tearing up the CCHA at 20 but instead he was in the NHL.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Good for them. Cammalleri was on pace to have his biggest goal scoring season this year until he got hurt. Guess what? No Frolov.

Camms scores no matter who his line mates are. Look at. Mon, Cal, LA for references.
yeah lets all cry cause Frolov has 330pts in 455 games and is 27 yrs old.

He is better than 3/4 of our team , that alone = win for us .

Old
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why we can't sign Frolov?We can't move players to make room for him?Frolov next year and the year after and the year after will have a bigger impact then Patches,so if you could make a deal like that and dump some other salary then you make the deal and try and extend Frolov's contract
I agree, we need to move contracts like Spacek and Hammr, to sign Pleks, and Frolov, however don't forget Pouliot, Halak, and Price are all RFAs.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
De Montreal
help

A.Frolov is a very talented player but how exactly are we going to afford him come off-season? Heck, we aren't even sure on how exactly we'll find the money to re-sign Plekanec, and given our situation in the middle, Plekanec is more important than Frolov.

I like Pacioretty a lot, too.

Old
JustAHabFan

Two many injuries at forward. Temporary fixes at the expenses of young players?

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He's a real journalist and not even Garrioch (hell or Eklund) claims that a trade is finalized when it isn't. We'll know by deadline day if he's legit or not given he was definitive.
Eklund actually has claimed trades were finalized when they weren't.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
yeah lets all cry cause Frolov has 330pts in 455 games and is 27 yrs old.

He is better than 3/4 of our team , that alone = win for us .
We don't have the cap space for him that allows us to trade cheap, young talent.

I don't get what is so hard for you to understand. Trading Patches for Pending UFA=fail.

Old
havok78

Max Pac is not confirmed, i read D'ago and Weber , man with all these rumors what will TSN talk about at treade deadline LOL, they are all happening now

Old
malton

I would love Frolov on the team. But it seems to me that our top 6 is pretty set.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has the tools to be a top 6 NHL forward, he has size and skates well, he just needs to be given time to develop his offensive game in the AHL. He was rushed out of NCAA and again at 20 out of the AHL. He should be a rookie in the AHL THIS YEAR after tearing up the CCHA at 20 but instead he was in the NHL.
Chad Kilger had all the skills to. The fact is, Pac doesn't have a good head for the game. It could be possible that he's just slow developing so I won't so that he is already a bust, but his future outlook does not look good.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
We don't have the cap space for him that allows us to trade cheap, young talent.

I don't get what is so hard for you to understand. Trading Patches for Pending UFA=fail.
We probably can't make the playoff. I think, this trade tries to address that.

Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:

why is trading Patches a fail? we got himand Georges! for CRAIG RIVET

No i you can trade Patches for Frolov? hey i say bye bye .

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Habs should throw in Maxwell.

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok78 View Post
Max Pac is not confirmed, i read D'ago and Weber , man with all these rumors what will TSN talk about at treade deadline LOL, they are all happening now
there are only 2 and a half days to make trades after the olympic trade freeze expires, so it makes sense.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We probably can't make the playoff. I think, this trade tries to address that.
The playoffs should not be more important than the future. If they can make this deal without giving up a good prospect like Patches its a very good deal. But if hes involved....

Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

With the current cap situation, Frolov would be a rental and it would not make sense to trade one of our best prospect for a rental when we are not even sure to be in the playoffs.

If Gauthier can find a way to shed salary and afford Frolov longterm, I'm all for it and it would definitely make sense because of the chemistry with Cammy.

If the Habs were really interested in Kovalchuk, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Frolov sweeptakes right now. After all, Frolov is rumoured to be coming to Montreal since the beginning of the season.

The question is : Is it a real rumor or people are discussing it because it would make a lot of sense (Frolov-Cammy).

Old
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
How the heck do you make Fro fit under cap exactly???
One could start by trading Hamrlik and Spacek for picks in the off season, then hope to hell Subban and Weber can handle full-time duty next season... Maybe Gionta could also be traded for a cheaper/inferior/less experienced player... It would all depend on if Frolov is better than Gionta (I haven't seen him play all that much, so...).

Money could be found, but sacrifices would have to be made, and there would definitely be a lot of risk involved.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:59 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
One could start by trading Hamrlik and Spacek for picks in the off season, then hope to hell Subban and Weber can handle full-time duty next season... Maybe Gionta could also be traded for a cheaper/inferior/less experienced player... It would all depend on if Frolov is better than Gionta (I haven't seen him play all that much, so...).

Money could be found, but sacrifices would have to be made, and there would definitely be a lot of risk involved.
I will say it one last time...

GIONTA HAS A NTC AND IT'S THE MAIN REASON WHY HE SIGNED WITH THE HABS. HE WANTS STABILITY FOR HIS FAMILY AND HE WON'T ACCEPT A TRADE.

Old
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

Your not getting picks for either guy. In this Nhl you trade your Problem for another teams Problem.

Old
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
The Twitter rumor doesn't say it's done 1 for 1. It says Frolov trade agreed to in principal and he has unconfirmed rumors that Patches may be involved. That's all the real rumor says.

Also, keep in mind the cap formula is pretty complex. It's not just "add Frolov's salary" to the current roster. We can essentially spend X million a year. If we are 1 million under all season (this is calculated daily) then we have 2 million we could theoretically add at the halfway point, to give a simplistic example.
Yes ok, but Frolov's cap hit is nearly 3 million. There is no way this fits without another contract leaving the roster imho. It's not that I dislike the trade, I actually like it, but this rumor is lacking in substance. There should be another move in the works to make the necessary space available if it's really 1 for 1.

Quote:

No, no you got this wrong. For THIS season, we CAN'T possibly fit him without offloading a current contract.

Old
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'm all for adding skill and depth up front, but replacing Spacek and Hamrlik with Subban and Webber is a recipe for disaster. Subban needs a Hamrlik to show him the ropes in the NHL.

Old
wedge

I could live with Weber and Dag... I don't care at all about Dag. I wouldn't even care if he was waived. It would suck to lose Weber, but we have Subban who's better. And Weber scares me at the NHL level. I don't think that paying for a pending-UFA is a good idea with our team, but that would be better than giving up on Pacioretty.

Old
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Let's not forget, many rumors are true, but fail behind the scenes. We can't say this guy is an Eklund, because chances are he must know *something*, but like (I assume) 95% of trade offers probably get shot down by either GM.
And you also have to think.
Frolov is 6 years older. He's a UFA, having a bad season.
Pacioretty is 21, has little to no NHL success, and I wonder, is youth being overvalued here? I mean, what are the chances MaxPac reaches potential? What are the chances that that potential as good as what Frolov acheives presently. I imagine that a winger is gone in the offseason though, because this
Frolov-Plek-Cammy
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
AK-Lapierre-SK
Darche-Metro-Desharnais

... is impossible. the Kostitsyns are probably part of the team's future, so I don't know how this makes much sense. But for a possible cup run this year, as funny as that sounds, this full roster coming back from minimal olympic playing, looks pretty damn sexy.

Closed Thread