HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Cody Hodgson

Old
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
I wouldnt even deal callahan for hodgson sorry
Thats bordering on criminal insanity.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Lol i might be but i couldnt deal cally for him.

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
satrabyk

I say a player like sangs or a 1st rounder

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
I would do that.

Rypien and Prutch on the 4th line would amazing. It would go back to the Kocur and Domi days!!!!
I don't understand why anyone would accept a deal with Sauer in it when they will probably be able to get him for nothing soon enough.

Fans often "sweeten" the deal in their suggestions by offering someone that neither side cares about at all.

Prospal for Hodgson would be approximately equivalent to Nashville offering the Rangers Steve Sullivan for Kreider.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
That's over the border and into their capital city.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i would trade for him if possible. I'd send a 1st and one of our 2nd tier prospects or a 2nd and a lower 1st tier prospect. hopefully slats can pull his magic off with this one. A Grachev-Hodgson reunion next season would be sweet!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 02:10 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Was directed here by a friend of mine so wanted to give a view from the other side. First off the "Cody Hodgson hates the Canucks" media circus is overblown, but since often where there is smoke there is fire, let's look at what it would take to move Hodgson to the Rangers.

The Canucks' fans are going to want a package like dubinsky, staal, sanguinetti, 2010 1st for Hodgson and Bieksa since that fills pretty much all of our holes in one deal.

The Canucks need an upgrade on the 3rd line (preferably a C), a defensive, physical D (preferably top-4), and a blue chip D prospect.

I see Staal or Dubinsky (likely Dubinsky), Sanguinetti, and a 1st for Hodgson and possibly Demitra as being the likely result if such a deal would go down. I don't think it's necessarily appropriate value for Hodgson's potential (and Canucks fans would lose their minds) but it would likely be the best package they could get if their hand was forced.

At the same time I can see from the posts in this thread that Rangers fans would also think this is way to much to give up for a recently injured prospect, so it's doubtful a deal would get done.

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post
Was directed here by a friend of mine so wanted to give a view from the other side. First off the "Cody Hodgson hates the Canucks" media circus is overblown, but since often where there is smoke there is fire, let's look at what it would take to move Hodgson to the Rangers.

The Canucks' fans are going to want a package like dubinsky, staal, sanguinetti, 2010 1st for Hodgson and Bieksa since that fills pretty much all of our holes in one deal.

The Canucks need an upgrade on the 3rd line (preferably a C), a defensive, physical D (preferably top-4), and a blue chip D prospect.

I see Staal or Dubinsky (likely Dubinsky), Sanguinetti, and a 1st for Hodgson and possibly Demitra as being the likely result if such a deal would go down. I don't think it's necessarily appropriate value for Hodgson's potential (and Canucks fans would lose their minds) but it would likely be the best package they could get if their hand was forced.

At the same time I can see from the posts in this thread that Rangers fans would also think this is way to much to give up for a recently injured prospect, so it's doubtful a deal would get done.
That is an overpayment from the Rangers. Hodgson hasnt played an NHL game and is coming off a major back injury, Staal has more value, as a 1b defenseman already, than Hodgson does right now. Dubinsky is a 2nd line center, he probably has equal value right now.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
That is an overpayment from the Rangers. Hodgson hasnt played an NHL game and is coming off a major back injury, Staal has more value, as a 1b defenseman already, than Hodgson does right now. Dubinsky is a 2nd line center, he probably has equal value right now.
I'd have to say Dubinsky has more value than Hodgson.. I know he might not on HFboards.. But I think NHL GMs might value proven young players over unproven young players.. Just a hunch

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
I'd have to say Dubinsky has more value than Hodgson.. I know he might not on HFboards.. But I think NHL GMs might value proven young players over unproven young players.. Just a hunch
somewhat agree...but i think if Hodgson didnt just come off a MAJOR MAJOR injury, then he would have WWAAAYY more value than Dubinsky...with that said right now, I think its closer than it probably should be. Hodgson is/was as elite a prospect as there is in hockey. I think hes like #5 on hockeys future, thought i think that was before his injury.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post

As good as Hodgson is, there's just not a shot in hell that any team is going to give up that much for him. Especially if the Canucks' hand is forced.

A young, capable 2nd line center, a top-tier defensive prospect, and a high first round pick for a guy who has yet to prove anything at the professional level and a pending UFA who spends more time on the IR than the ice? Insanity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
As good as Hodgson is, there's just not a shot in hell that any team is going to give up that much for him. Especially if the Canucks' hand is forced.

A young, capable 2nd line center, a top-tier defensive prospect, and a high first round pick for a guy who has yet to prove anything at the professional level and a pending UFA who spends more time on the IR than the ice? Insanity.
yeah, i dont think hes in any sort of reality here.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

The Rangers wouldn't give up a similar package for Kovalchuk, but, it's going to cost that for Hodgson...um, yeah.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
somewhat agree...but i think if Hodgson didnt just come off a MAJOR MAJOR injury, then he would have WWAAAYY more value than Dubinsky...with that said right now, I think its closer than it probably should be. Hodgson is/was as elite a prospect as there is in hockey. I think hes like #5 on hockeys future, thought i think that was before his injury.
agree. dubinsky for hodgson straightup is fair because (in increasing weight) 1) hodgson has never played an NHL game in his life. 2) vancouver is in a pickle 3) hodgson is recovering from a major injury.

at the beginning of the season pre-injury, you could make a case for hodgson + roster player for dubinsky, sanguinetti, and a 1st.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 06:36 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
He is still a prospcet tho(coming off a back injury)...So much hype over top prospects on this board...Pavel Brendl had alot of potential too...i would never deal someone like callahan straight up for an unknown really...i know most people would on these boards but i expect that...Never know how a prospects game will translate into the nhl...what i do know is callahan is a very valuable player and Cody is a big ?

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote